PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Packages of the Aus Open

Grachka
Dec 1st, 2004, 01:43 PM
In most Grand Slams there are at least one or two players that surprise the world and get farther than anyone thought. Who do you predict?

My tips for surprise results in the Australian Open maindraw include Emilie Loit, Lisa Raymond and Anna Chakvetadze.

Surprise qualifiers i reckon will be Amanda Janes, Hanna Nooni and Libuse Prusova.

And a shamless "good luck!" to Saori whichever draw she is in ;)

MLF
Dec 1st, 2004, 01:47 PM
Surprise qualifiers i reckon will be Amanda Janes, Hanna Nooni and Libuse Prusova.

I think it will be more of a surprise if Amanda Janes can overcome her fear of flying and make the trip to Australia. I believe she has never played outside of Europe despite her ranking being good enough to enter qualy draws at some non-Euro events.

If she's been working hard over the winter I predict a good Oz Open for Jelena Jankovic.

Experimentee
Dec 1st, 2004, 01:58 PM
Mara Santangelo and Na Li in the main draw. Aiko Nakamura, Alyona Bondarenko and a few of the other Chinese girls will qualify and possibly win a couple of rounds.

Chunchun
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:03 PM
surprise MD: Anna chaky, Vaidisova, Na & the chinese :D

surprise Q: Birnerova, Krasnoroutskaya:help: and Karatancheva of cus :yeah:sd

Pamela Shriver
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:03 PM
I get surprise packages at Christmas! George spoils me.

SilK
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:04 PM
you can't really say anything about this untill you have the draw :)

SilK
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:05 PM
but since we're at it anyway...

suprise MD: Vaidisova
suprise Qually: Krajicek

Whatzup
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:07 PM
Surprise MD: Nicole Vaidisova and Na Li
Surprise QF: Michealla Krajicek and Hanna Nooni

Foot's Fingers
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:17 PM
Surprise MD: Panova, Jidkova, Kirilenko
Surprise QF: Sun , Rodionova, Skavronskaya

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:21 PM
Surprise MD: Nicole Vaidisova and Na Li

They've both got direct entry to the main draw already, so it's not exactly going to be a surprise :retard:

Grachka
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:22 PM
I think it will be more of a surprise if Amanda Janes can overcome her fear of flying and make the trip to Australia. I believe she has never played outside of Europe despite her ranking being good enough to enter qualy draws at some non-Euro events.

If she's been working hard over the winter I predict a good Oz Open for Jelena Jankovic.

Amanda has flown within Europe, so maybe she just doesn't want to commit to long-haul flights to go to challengers in Australia, US etc. when she can go to challengers in Europe. She committed to Canadian tournaments in the lead-up to the US Open, but didn't make the flight, probably as her ranking didn't guarantee a place in the draw. Maybe now she has been working like a trojan recently and is certainly in the Q draw, we'll see her in Oz.

Grachka
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:23 PM
They've both got direct entry to the main draw already, so it's not exactly going to be a surprise :retard:

I suspect he meant that they would have a surprise run in the main draw, not that he would be surprised that they are in it ;)

Jorn
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:27 PM
Tina in qualifying and MD! :o

Kveta and Ana Ivanovic in MD!

exoneuk
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:28 PM
I can see Vaidisova making a big splash in the MD. If she goes R16 then that wouldn't completely surprise me. It just depends on how she's playing/feeling etc.

I'd love to see Amanda and Bally qualifying mind ;) Bally making the second round would be cracking! But... ahhh... *runs away from question*

jrm
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:32 PM
First i need to see a draw before saying anything!

Andrew.
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:36 PM
Sesil.

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:38 PM
Nicole, Na and Sesil will not be 'surprise' packages because people have been talking about them for months already. Most people expect that with a good draw all three can do very well. Seeing their names in this thread is massively dull.

améliemomo
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:57 PM
Just 1 Name: "Fedossova"

Again a russian???!!!No she is french :p

she is 16 since july and some more informations:

October - As a world No. 448 Tokyo [Japan Open] qualifier, upset No. 46 Shaughnesy (No. 5 seed) and No. 74 Morigami, both in second-set tie-breaks, l. QF to No. 10 top-seed and eventual two-time defending champion Sharapova -- it was Fedossova's first main draw appearance, following two 1r qualifying losses; jumped 180 spots from world No. 448 to No. 268 on Oct. 11

she played quarter final against sharapova and lost 6-3 6-4

she doesnt have a good rank yet but she can produce some good things, I hope her to qualify for the first round and be revealed to the public. :)

she won the french championship of 15/16 year in 2003

there is a video for those who wants to know her :) youlia fedossova win in french championship (http://www.fft.fr/evenements2003/championnatperrier2003/vainqueur1.html)

Vamos Feńa
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:14 PM
Marta D :) She was in Semis 2 years ago in juniors.Naprzód Marta!!! ;)

Whatzup
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:34 PM
I suspect he meant that they would have a surprise run in the main draw, not that he would be surprised that they are in it ;)
Exactly! :D