PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova & Mauresmo will play doubles in HK

10nisfanofruz
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:56 AM
I can't believe it :eek: It's nice to see they play together even though it is an exhibition.
They play Kunetzova & Arantxa Sanchez Vicario
The draw for Watsons Water champions challenge has been released.

THE RED GROUP
Maria Sharapova
Elena Dementieva
Venus Williams

THE GREEN GROUP
Amelie Mauresmo
Svetlana Kunetzova
Serena Williams

The top player in each group will play off in Final.

Isn't Serena injured? :tape:

faboozadoo15
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:58 AM
omG... what a field! hopefully everyone shows up. i hope we aren't all turning into cynics when we say that, but it has ben a while since a great field has completely showed up.

Doc
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:04 AM
Great Field. Hope everyone is there, healthy.

I'd love to see Masha play doubles with Amelie. But I doubt it will be shown in Europe.

Shenanigans
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:08 AM
They are in different groups so how come they will play doubles? But great line up.

Sharapower
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:53 AM
Is this a confirmed info ?
Anyway, I find it great, they had this little polemic after Maria withdrew from Pilly so it's cool if they sorted it out.

Sharapower
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:09 AM
Is this a confirmed info ?

Yes it is !!!

jenny161185
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:34 AM
I thought these two were Arch enemys! wonder what balls they'll use!!!?!

Sharapower
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:53 AM
That's what came to my mind first. They probably talked about the dispute on one to one and sorted it out. Or maybe Amelie was the only one who accepted to play with Maria :devil: ?? (No way Elena D or Svetlana would pair with Masha, the Williams Sisters are already forming a classic pair so...)

On the paper it sounds like a terrific pair. Would be frightening if they played doubles in official tournaments.

Sharapower
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:56 AM
Btw, the HKTA and its sponsors must have a lot of $$$ to be able to invite all this armada of top players !!!

Timofy
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:59 AM
omG... what a field! hopefully everyone shows up. i hope we aren't all turning into cynics when we say that, but it has ben a while since a great field has completely showed up.
lasy year jennifer pulled out in the week before
......i m wondering booking the tickets or not......

t_fan
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:32 AM

May be this is the answer:

Maria cans practice coach … and the Tretorn ball
Maria Sharapova has canned Mauricio Hadad as her traveling coach. The WTA will not use the "heavy" Tretorn balls until next fall. On the advice of her handlers, Sharapova clamed about the subject after TR.net (and Reuters) reported her comments last week...

Sharapower
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:56 AM
May be this is the answer:
Full article somewhere ?

TR.net, are they reliable ?

Now what I hardly find the connexion between this quote and the thread :confused: :lol:

Sharapower
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:57 AM
Btw, wasn't it a long time ago that Haddad was fired ?

xan
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:37 PM
Btw, wasn't it a long time ago that Haddad was fired ?
I heard that he resigned, after the US Open.

Vut
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:39 PM
:eek:

flyingmachine
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:49 PM
Maria and Momo I think this is will be very interesting. :D

swiss
Dec 1st, 2004, 04:03 PM
Somebody knows with which balls :devil: :drool:

améliemomo
Dec 1st, 2004, 05:19 PM
I am not surprised from amélie to accept to play double with sharapova even if she is sometimes really annoying for example with the story in philly :rolleyes:

Amélie is a mature person and already forgot all this story, she is not a mean person like martina hingis(AO 1999 :fiery: )

Amélie: la Classe! :cool:

griffin
Dec 1st, 2004, 06:12 PM
Amelie herself has said that Hingis finally appologized, and that the issues's behind them, ameliemomo - I think we should (at least try) to follow her lead (just ask yourself: "WWMD?" ;) )

Amelie and Maria playing dubs on tour? I see a lot of horny teenage boys being crushed under the Big Girls' boots as they race for the best court-side seats :lol:

MinnyGophers
Dec 1st, 2004, 06:13 PM
WHOOOHOHOOO!!!
The most beautiful and the most sexy playing together!!!
I want the pics heheheheh
how terrific would it be if they keep on playing doubles together.

lauramariana
Dec 1st, 2004, 06:27 PM
Watsons Water Champions Challenge 2005
5-8 January, Victoria Park

OFFICIAL DRAW
http://www.tennishk.org/html/docs/uploads/WWCC_2005_Draw.doc

Page of Watsons Water Champions Challenge 2005
http://www.watsonswaterchallenge.com/

:wavey:

améliemomo
Dec 1st, 2004, 06:31 PM
Amelie herself has said that Hingis finally appologized, and that the issues's behind them, ameliemomo - I think we should (at least try) to follow her lead (just ask yourself: "WWMD?" ;) )

Amelie and Maria playing dubs on tour? I see a lot of horny teenage boys being crushed under the Big Girls' boots as they race for the best court-side seats :lol:

YES, thats what I've said: Amélie is a VERY kind person because the cruelty of martina's words were so intense that I wouldnt be as nice as she was at that time with martina. :fiery:

Well its Past.

Bette_Midler
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:06 PM
que horrooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr

bueno al menos amélie no juega con aranzazu que seria el peor de todos los escenarios

allez momo/sharpie caña a la penco/sveta

the cat
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:11 PM
I am sure Sonja is happy with this doubles team. :)

After all Amelie has been through in her career and life I doubt she will be fazed about playing doubles with Maria. I think Amelie can play with any player if she wants to without a problem. She is highly respected on the WTA Tour. But I wonder who will serve first?

LOL @ Griffin's post. :lol:

JLDementieva
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:27 PM
Wow, I wish it could've been Lena pairing up with Sharapova, that would be quite interesting ;)

vertigo
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:47 PM

What. Would. Mauresmo. Do.!!!
Legendary I love it!!

flyingmachine
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:35 PM

That's good. At last Martina appologized Momo about the "half man" coment.
I hope Momo could concerate her tennis 110% from now on. :D

MinnyGophers
Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:03 AM
hopefully sharapova can give momo some tips about how to play clutch moments ;)
anyway, i hope they win heh