PDA

View Full Version : Will Kim Clijsters remain top 50 after Australian Open?

Old_Folk
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:07 PM
If she plays, she needs to reach at least SF to maintain top 30.
Where will she be ranked after Australian Open?

jonny84
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:17 PM
All depends whether she can defend her finals points from last year.

mr_burns
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM
It doesn't really matter, where she stands
She will get into every main draw and will be very high in the ranking after the Us Open (if she is able to play the whole year)

drivevolley
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:33 PM
I really hope she does cause she deserves to be up with the best and she doesn't have that many points to defend next year cause she was out for most of this season!!!
Well, good luck Kim!

FaceyFacem
Nov 30th, 2004, 06:22 PM
i heard there was potential she won't be in aus...i hope that isn't true!

Tichi
Nov 30th, 2004, 06:53 PM
The decision has not been made yet, but it's possible that's she waits till Antwerp to make her come back.

Andrew.
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:12 PM
She will be ranked right around fifty if she does not play Aus. If she also skips Paris, she'll be in the low 60's. Without Antwerp, she'll be unranked.

Grohl
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:14 PM
kim is not gonna play the AO,
who cares about rankings, as long as she can come back but she doesn't have to do it too soon.
Stop fussing about the rankings

NicoMary
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
yes to be back and play, she has first to be healthy....:sad:

Grohl
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:19 PM
yes, and too little people think about that and just want her on court again

sartrista7
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:26 PM
She will be ranked right around fifty if she does not play Aus. If she also skips Paris, she'll be in the low 60's. Without Antwerp, she'll be unranked.

Won't she still have three tournaments still counting? IW, Berlin (or was it Rome?) and Hasselt...

Andrew.
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Won't she still have three tournaments still counting? IW, Berlin (or was it Rome?) and Hasselt... Sorry. She'll be ranked around 200.

Svennovitch
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Sorry. She'll be ranked around 200.
Wouldn't that be something? Maybe she can play some challengers around Belgium then! I would surely go :)

jimbo mack
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:45 PM
she musn't rush back again- or else her career really is likely to be over

ans
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Who said that??

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 30th, 2004, 10:46 PM
who cares about rankings, as long as she can come back but she doesn't have to do it too soon.
Stop fussing about the rankings
:yeah:

~|Naomi|~
Dec 1st, 2004, 12:25 AM
Wouldn't that be something? Maybe she can play some challengers around Belgium then! I would surely go :)

She can get as many wildcards as she wants to WTA events and i don't see too many tournament directors turning her down. Or she could just wait till Miami and get a protected ranking.

Andrew.
Dec 1st, 2004, 12:38 AM
She can get as many wildcards as she wants to WTA events and i don't see too many tournament directors turning her down. Or she could just wait till Miami and get a protected ranking. She won't be eligible for a SSR until April 3 05.

~|Naomi|~
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:40 AM
Okay she can wait till then then, I was only just guessing around Miami and I wasn't too far off one tournament:p And although by then she will be unranked she will only need to play one event to get back on the rankings as she will still have her Berlin & Hasselt points, but whatever she is ranked I don't think it is going to take her too long to get back she will probably fall out of the top 100 but one or two good events will be enough to get ber back in and from there it will be up and up and up;) As long as she is healthy she will show where she belongs on the tour, it is her health that is most important right now:D

jochem
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:09 AM
J-Mac, you seem to want Kim to retire at such a young age... if she rushes back just like she did this year she will likely aggravate the injury and the injury will never heal. Offcourse I hope to see her play at AO, but if she does not because she thinks the risk is to high, then she should not play. And about the rankings...she might drop out of top 50 yeah, but with the rest of the year not played in 2003 she will regain her ranking if she plays well. Doesn't she have a protected ranking anyway?

jenny161185
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:36 AM
if Kim comes back in Antwerp wont she get a injury protected ranking of about 10 in the world? I just want her back and healthy dont mind if she misses oz shes only 22

MinnyGophers
Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:02 PM
how weird would that be to have hrr play lower ranked player... imagine if she gets unranked, she would have to play freaking challengers or will she get "special" seeds?

spike83
Dec 2nd, 2004, 05:52 PM
how weird would that be to have hrr play lower ranked player... imagine if she gets unranked, she would have to play freaking challengers or will she get "special" seeds?
she would get a lot of WC's and if she's out long enough a protected rank...
she won't be playing challengers imho ;)

but now she just has to be healthy again, cause else her career could definitely be over and out, and that's the last thing we want..