PDA

View Full Version : Seles to decide future in January 2005

Frank Riley
Nov 30th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Seles to decide future in January 2005
Frank Riley
Monica Seles has said she will likely retire if she can not play by January 2005 for the 2005 season, the 9 time Slam Champion has been out with a foot injury. Monica played her last matches about 2 years ago (June 2003) and won her last Slam in 1996 says the following:
By January, I will make a decision. If I can not play then I probably will (retire). I am trying to get ready to play. I do not want to talk about retirement because I am still trying so hard.
Monica has tried several times to mount a comeback but each time the injury caused futher complications. Monica still speaks very positive.
I am trying to stay in a positive frame of mind. I have been feeling good. I have been hitting in the morning and then in the afternoon about three times a week. It is feeling better.
Lets hope we see Monica one more time on the courts I do miss her very much.

Rafe306
Nov 30th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Oh wow, well i guess that makes sense. From her recent photos, it seems like she is really good shape and can make a huge comeback if her injury goes away. Best of luck to you Monica

Philbo
Nov 30th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Lets hope we do get to see her on court again!

Praying for you Monica!

disposablehero
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Go Monica!

CCCP1
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Why doesnt she just play even if her foot hurts

RayRob
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:50 PM
I hope she does come back - I've missed seeing her play. I watched the video clips that Majita-Seles made and I was wishing Monica will play again.

Do you think that Monica would play a couple of tier 3 events if she came back - just to get some match practice/ranking points?

-Rache :wavey:

jrm
Nov 30th, 2004, 01:04 PM
I like to see her back but i don't see it happening it ... has she any plans in the future if she quits tennis?

rfs1999
Nov 30th, 2004, 03:23 PM
We want Monica!

R&J
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:49 PM
We want Monica!

Definitely :yeah:

Frank Riley
Dec 1st, 2004, 01:00 AM
All we can do is wait, I waited for Kournikova for two years to come back and nothing happened, I think Monica is a much more open and honest person than Kournikova and she will say something. But can Monica play with the girls playing now. It will be very hard on her but still I would love to see her try.

faboozadoo15
Dec 1st, 2004, 01:37 AM
I like to see her back but i don't see it happening it ... has she any plans in the future if she quits tennis?
;) socialite... for a little bit anyway.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 1st, 2004, 06:03 AM
;) socialite... for a little bit anyway.
She said she's not entirely sure, but plans on having some kind of job after tennis as she "thrives on having a schedule." She said she'd love to do something working with kids.

bello
Dec 1st, 2004, 06:31 AM
Lets be positive and look forwarding to farewelling Monica is winning style!!

:)

Its very different to the Anna K situation....*grumbles*

Greatest
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:40 AM
All we can do is wait, I waited for Kournikova for two years to come back and nothing happened, I think Monica is a much more open and honest person than Kournikova and she will say something. But can Monica play with the girls playing now. It will be very hard on her but still I would love to see her try.

http://digilander.libero.it/ander75/moni/lenglen.jpg

Get Ready for Seles in 2005