PDA

View Full Version : How very interesting

TeeRexx
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:47 PM
If the draw were to hold true at the NASDAQ-100, then Hingis would have to have wins over Alex, SERENA and VENUS to get to the final.

In short, Chucky would have to beat every Black player on the tour. :p

Now THAT would be a miracle. :angel:

brickhousesupporter
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:49 PM
As funny as that is I dont think they are the only black people on the tour. There is Mashona Washington.... and others
Still ROTFLMAO:)

moon
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:48 PM
You forgot Chanda also Tee :D

either way, don't think it'll happen.

Ntosake
Mar 21st, 2002, 04:27 AM
Hi TeeRexx,:wavey:

What's up with you? I think you are too intelligent, too humourous, too classy of a person to unnecessarily bring race into your post.

I think you are one of the most hilarious, coolest people on this board, but in my opinion, this is not you at your funniest.

As much as I want to see a Williams win this, I don't think color has anything to do with Martina losing, if in fact she does.

Her problem is not the black babes, but the power babes, and they seem to be popping up everywhere in all colors.

Love and respect to you, Tee, keep the posts coming, I enjoy reading them, otherwise.
:cool: :D :wavey:

TeeRexx
Mar 21st, 2002, 06:51 AM
Ok, I stand corrected.
Hingis will just have to have three straight wins over Black players in her half.

Ntosake - Let's not try and hide the fact that race is an issue. It comes out every time VENUS and SERENA go on the court. No player has ever been booed, for no reason as SERENA was at last years IW event.

Also, as soon as VENUS made the #1 rank, what was the first damned thing that you read? "VENUS becomes the first BLACK player to get the top ranking by computer". Was that tidbit of obvious knowledge absolutely necessary.

I did not notice them say that Capriati was the 10th white woman to get the top spot.

Oh well, such is life.

Ntosake
Mar 21st, 2002, 11:21 PM
TeeRexx,

Just wanted to apologize for all the fall out from my reply to you. Perhaps it is I who should stand corrected.

Sometimes when one calls themselves correcting others, they wonder if they should have remained silent, and perhaps that is what I should have done in this case. (or sent a pm)

It won't happen again!:)

I don't mean to come across as one who is in denial about race. Believe me when I say I can scrape with the best, but I have lived long enough to learn to choose my fights well.

People pretty much have their minds made up, anyway, and they will say and print and do what's in their hearts. And there's no changing that. I try to remain positive, even tho it doesn't always work, but I still try.:)