PDA

View Full Version : I really do like Nastya...

tenn_ace
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:12 AM
but I think she should chill a bit with Sharapova related comments. Especially, when it's not really Maria's problem, if you think about it, but rather her dad. Being a bit more diplomatic is what the true team leader would do.

And to be honest, she said time and a time again that she wouldn't play pro tennis much longer as she's tired of travelling, so that makes her threats (about walking out from the Russian FedCup team) a bit shallow.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:45 AM
I think she plays good tennis... but her attitude sucks sadly.

I think life will give her a negative feedback if she keeps this immature and stupid rivalry with Maria..

http://cache.wtnphotos.com/545/21238794051myskina.jpg

saki
Nov 26th, 2004, 10:16 AM
I agree. I like Myskina's tennis but she's not doing herself any favours by these comments. I'm sure that, if she'd voiced her concerns privately, they could have done something about excluding Maria's father from team practices and/or matches, but this way she's acting like a spoiled brat and making it more likely that with such an ultimatum they'll pick Maria over her. I honestly think that some of this is motivated by jealousy in any case - she didn't seem to have any problems with Yuri when she was beating Maria, just when Maria was beating her.

vaiva
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:19 PM
The only one who has been acting like a spoiled brat is Pop Yuri.

And of course, everyone is jealous of Maria. EVERYONE.

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Nastya doesn't threaten anybody. She just expresses her opinion and decision. And I'm sure it isn't only hers but of the whole theam - first Neiland opened the theme. Therefore I don't think they will prefer Masha. Yes, Nastya will gather the negatives but someone had to do it.

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I think Anastasia is the best athlete on the tour.
I think she has the most court coverage, and the quickest reflexes.
The only thing keeping Anastasia from being world #1 is her mental focus, which is not consistent throughout the whole match.

I want Anastasia to stay on the tour and reach her potential.
I also want her to give her opinion.
And believe me, Maria's dad is an unemployed, loud, obnoxious jerk.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:17 PM
The only thing keeping Anastasia from being world #1 is her mental focus, which is not consistent throughout the whole match.Yet you say that Nadia's focus is fine? You really confuse me sometimes :confused:

And believe me, Maria's dad is an unemployed, loud, obnoxious jerk.You're making sense again :D

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I didn't say Nadia's focus is fine. I said she's not a headcase. She'll get there. It takes time to put together a complete game, both mentally and physically.

Maria's dad never worked, he has no self worth, no self respect. He sits in the friends box yelling his head off.
He has no respect for these hard working, talented athletes.
That's because he doesn't work, and he has no talent. And he has no common sense.
He has a daughter who is very immature emotionally, and her dad is the only singificant other in her life.
It's a messy situation, and one day Maria will be emotionally mature enough to deal with it.

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Why is it that Myskina only said this about Yuri and Maria after Masha beat her in the YEC semifinals? Yuri is the same person he was when Ana beat and humiliated Masha 3 other times in 2004. Why didn't she say something after those matches? Because she won those matches. And Sharapova was on the WTA Tour for a couple of years when Myskina made a point of Masha not being a real Russian. But she didn't say anything last year about Sharapova not being a real Russian. Anastasia waited until after Masha won Wimbledon to say anything which makes me think that Ana didn't care about Masha or Yuri until Masha won Wimbledon and was a clear threat to Myskina and her Russina #1 supremecy.

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Anastasia had to answer several questions about Maria's dad at Indian Wells.
I'm glad she's speaking her mind.
It's obvious that Maria's dad is an unemployed loud-mouth jerk.
Maria's not going to play a full Fed Cup schedule anyway. Who needs her.

vaiva
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Myskina is just jealous of Maria. Like everyone else. EVERYONE.

There is no other reasonable explanation, the cat.

Nastyafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Nastya said almost the same in IW though not in that sharp tone. Of course when you are a winner it isn't polite to criticize sharply the disappointed opponent. And especially Yuri developed much more arrogance after Wimby. Now Masha and her father are winners and they should hear the truth.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
I think that Nadia would be more valuable to the team than Maria, and there is no way that those two will play together.

Just remember that the problems with Yuri started last year, so he should have been pulled into line earlier.

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:10 PM
This is actually very important, because it brings this situation out into the open.
Eventually, Maria will have to deal with it.
Her dad's been around her every day. Because he never works.
And Maria has no one else to share her life with.
But the rest of the tour is not going to sit back while Maria's dad acts like a fool.
Maria needs to grow up, because her dad can't.

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Come on Vaiva, you're pulling my tail again. :cat: ;) :p

And I guess Yuri's behaviour was okay when Myskina owned Sharapova the first 3 matches they played otherwise she wouldn't have embraced and kissed Masha after they played in Melbourne and Indian Wells. :hug::kiss:

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:17 PM
The guy is a mental case. He's totally inappropriate. He's yelling in the friends box. He comes on the court to hug Maria, then argues with paying customers.
It's about time Maria grows up. She still acts like a 10 year old.

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:20 PM
People will just have to learn to deal with Maria and her dad. Yuri is not in trouble with the WTA Tour.

I agree with you GL about getting it out into the open. But it's only out in the open if Masha accepts Nastya's criticisms and I don't think she will. In fact I think Nastya will make an enemy of Masha and that's sad. :(

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Maria has to learn that she is responsible for her psychotic family members.
This is a very dysfunctional family. And Maria is only one who works, or who has any talent.
Maria is going to be asked about this all year. She can try to ignore it, but this issue won't go away, until her dad goes away.

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Masha shouldn't have to take all this without hitting back. Eventually she will say something and I hope she lets lose to get the anger and frustration out of her system. :mad:

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I want to read what Maria says. She knows her dad's a jerk.

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Keep speaking your mind, Anastasia. All the players should give their real opinions.
Just like we do here, in Russian Roulette.

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Anastasia has only been speaking her mind since Maria won Wimbledon. ;)

shannonannafan
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I do like Anastasia a lot, but the way she handled things was not very good. I know the comments were directed towards Maria's father, but it's got to make Maria feel horrible. How is she ever going to want to play Fed Cup or feel comfortable around Anastasia again. I hope in my heart Anastasia pulls Maria aside and the two work things out.

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Myskina said this so Maria won't ever play Fed Cup for Russia. Anastasia knows what she said and why she said it. This has been her plan all along.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Myskina said this so Maria won't ever play Fed Cup for Russia. Anastasia knows what she said and why she said it. This has been her plan all along.

I think it is highly unethical from her....

t_fan
Nov 26th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Nastya acted stupid. It's unlikely she would gain something worthy from all this. It may just turn out quite to the contrary.

Goldenlox, your hatred for Yuri starts to resemble a pathology. Instead of accusing him of his unability to control his emotions, take a look at yourself. Your opinion on him is based on what? Seems on your emotions mostly.

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 10:21 PM
It's time to move on from this so called controversy. But that's up to Myskina and I hope she is content with her say on Masha and her father.

Timariot
Nov 27th, 2004, 12:56 AM
To play role of cynical bastard: Myskina has done WTA huge favour, now there's controversy and publicity and next time she meets Sharapova, it will be a big event. If WTA were run by Vince McMahon, it would be like this every day.. :)

tenn_ace
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:16 AM
total bull about speaking her mind. it would have been ok if Nastya wasn't talking about a team and wasn't a team leader (or wonnabe). she SHOULD think about team first and understand that THIS team might need Maria some day.

tenn_ace
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:18 AM
the ideal way out would have been if Neiland (always hated that little biatch) didn't take all the issues to the press, but rather talk to Maria directly encouraging her to make calls to Russian girls to resolve Yuri created issues. But again you can't be good in everything. If you are a decent tennis player you will probably suck as a coach and a diplomat.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:39 AM
total bull about speaking her mind. it would have been ok if Nastya wasn't talking about a team and wasn't a team leader (or wonnabe). she SHOULD think about team first and understand that THIS team might need Maria some day.

Very well said..

Greenout
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:51 AM
It doesn't bother me. I think it's really difficult to be in their
situation. How can you really be good friends with anyone in the top 10?
They are all playing for the same prize. There's only 1 real winner at
every event. It's always 1 person -vs- the tour. I guess Myskina feels
secure and confident in Russia saying the things she has; but she
has never given me the impression holding back.

They are all different people, no two players are truly alike. It would
be nice if they got along or were diplomatic about it; but then it I'd
be upset that the WTA is passing along BS again. You can't censor
these people; they are human and not Tom Cruise type pr machines.

Things were never going to be the same for them after
winning that first grand slam. I'm not surprised that Myskina doesn't
sing the same tune anymore. Things have truly changed now.

I'm just hoping that all this trash talking will give us great fun
tennis in 2005. :)

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Tarpischev says there have been worse issues among the Russian Fed Cup and Davis Cup teams in the past and those issues were resloved. This issue will be resolved too unless Myskina keeps bringing it up again and again.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Tarpischev speaks a lot of :bs:

Look at what the genius managed to do with the singles lineup for the final :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Nastya acted stupid. It's unlikely she would gain something worthy from all this. It may just turn out quite to the contrary.

Goldenlox, your hatred for Yuri starts to resemble a pathology. Instead of accusing him of his unability to control his emotions, take a look at yourself. Your opinion on him is based on what? Seems on your emotions mostly.I know I'm being very unfair to Maria's dad.
I want Maria to understand that not everything he does is right.
I've heard Maria say it's hard to watch matches from the friends box. She defends him.
I want Maria to look at this the way others do. What other parent yells from the friends box?

Here's an article titled - Sharapova may swap Russia for US team place -

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,10069,1360992,00.html

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:30 PM
It's a meaningless article GL because Maria isn't quoted in the article. In fact she's never quoted in any of these articles about her citizenship. Tarpischev says it's up to Maria as to her citizenship and that she is on good terms with him and Russian president Putin. If she was going to become an American citizen she would have done so a few years ago. But now she may feel forced to change citizenships because of petty jealousy aimed at her so early in her career. :(

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:33 PM
It's not jealousy. The players don't want to be yelled out and distracted by someone in the friends box.
I have the whole Sharapova-Pennetta match on tape. The stadium was almost empty, you can hear every sound.
Maria's dad said nothing. He can control himself. He doesn't want to.

saki
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:52 PM
The bottom line is that Myskina has ruled out an amicable resolution to the problem of Yuri Sharapov by her threatened boycott. I can see why she might not want him there during her matches but I can also imagine that he might be ok with that. He probably only wants to be there during Maria's matches and she's unlikely to play doubles what with Russia having better doubles players, so what Myskina should have done is taken proposed solutions to Tarpischev and asked him to sort it out. Threatening to boycott Fed Cup makes it look as though it's not just about Yuri. Frankly, it does look like petty jealousy to me when someone is so desperate to find faults with someone that they start criticising their accent.

And, frankly, it also starts to look as though goldenlox has a complete obsession with Maria and her father.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I predict that Tarpischev won't solve this problem, Nastya will decide to retire from Fed Cup competition, and Maria won't play in the Russian team.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:08 PM
If that happens, Russia still has Sveta, Vera, Nadia, Lena B., and Dinara.
Plus all the other teens.
I don't see Maria playing much Fed Cup anyway. Her schedule is determined by appearance fees.

saki
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:18 PM
I predict that Tarpischev won't solve this problem, Nastya will decide to retire from Fed Cup competition, and Maria won't play in the Russian team.
It's been made pretty difficult for him now what with Nastya making it an ultimatum. That was my point. If she'd talked to him informally and requested that Yuri not be present at her matches, I don't think that there would necessarily have been any problem.

vaiva
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:21 PM

Excellent logic. Let's play your game.

Yuri did this so Maria won't ever play Fed Cup for Russia. Yuri knows what he did and why he did it. This has been his plan all along.

vaiva
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM
No, wait.

Myskina = :devil:

Yuri = :angel:

EVERYONE is just jealous of Maria. As simple as that.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I don't remember when Russian Roulette was this much fun.:bounce:
These kinds of situations are great!:D
Now as long as Russia wins Fed Cup:hearts: tomorrow, we can really enjoy these discussions.:D :D

katiektc
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:32 PM
i think its fun 2 GL, nastya and other players should speak out alot more often makes great gossip!:lol: :bounce:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I think that Nadia should speak out :devil:

Nadia will be playing at the Gold Coast next year, and someone from RR will be going to the Gold Coast...

Martian Willow
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I agree with goldenlox. :)

vaiva
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:24 PM
I think that Nadia should speak out :devil:

Not likely. I'm afraid Nadia is so jealous of Maria that her jaws are in spasms :sad:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I'm jealous of Nadia:worship: :worship:

vaiva
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I'm jealous of Nadia:worship: :worship:

You want her spasms? :sad:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:33 PM
I want her everything:hearts: :hearts:

vaiva
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:38 PM
No. You should be jealous of Maria. Period.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:40 PM
I've already said, if that was my dad, I'd run away from home.
But I'm jealous of Maria's height:hearts: :hearts:

Vass22
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:45 PM
GL what's wrong with you? It's painful!

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:48 PM
GL what's wrong with you? It's painful!Take 2 Tylenols.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:59 PM
You might be right about Yuri's plan, Vaiva. But I might be right about Myskina's plan to alienate Maria for good. And she has.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Everybody's got plans. Anastasia doesn't pick the Fed Cup team.
But she's allowed to give her opinion.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Myskina has affected the future of the Russian Fed Cup team and that cannot be denied. She wanted to turn Russians and Russian tennis players against Maria and she has. Her publicly complaining about Maria's father was a smart move by Myskina because that will hurt Masha and make her never want to play Fed Cup for Russia and that's what Myskina was after all along. And it's worked to a tee so far for her. If she ver wanted a decent relationship with Maria she would have kept things private with Masha but Myskina didn't want that because she wants to hurt Masha by publicly attacking her father through the media.

vaiva
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:27 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

http://www.pro-gamers.org/pics/drama.jpg

(c) Helen Lawson

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Am I like a cat chasing my tail, Vaiva? :cat: ;)

That's a good picture of Helen Lawson. :cool:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Maria can use Yuri to harass her opponents, and I think that other players have a right to voice their displeasure.

Tarpischev's "love" for Maria could prevent Nadia from getting a spot on the team because of the altercation last year. That all started because Nadia found Maria's fist pumping annoying and responded with a rude gesture, and then it escalated when Yuri got involved. Maria should have pulled him into line right then, but he is still harassing her opponents.

So there are two problems here:
1) Maria's conduct on court
2) Yuri's conduct in the stands

I think that Nadia has legitimate complaints on both points, and some of the other Russian may also feel the same way, but perhaps to varying degrees. The Russian team will not function properly if certain members are causing instability. The problems needs to be solved now before all hell breaks loose.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Sorry Epi, people need to get used to Masha playing fired up fist pumping tennis. Playing this way has taken her to grerat heights as a 17 year old. And just so you know it was Petrova who gave Sharapova the finger when they played last year because Masha pumped her fist. :rolleyes:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:03 PM
I know that Nadia gave Maria the finger in response to the fist pump. That's what I wrote :)

Maria doesn't need to pump her fist on every point, and she also needs to learn that it's not polite to fist pump when she gets lucky netcords. That kind of behaviour can anger both opponents and spectators.

I also think that Yuri needs to realise that if Maria's fist pumping annoys her opponents, they may respond by giving her the finger. That doesn't give him the right to harass her opponents for the duration of the match.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Maria doesn't pump her fist on every point.

t_fan
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I know that Nadia gave Maria the finger in response to the fist pump. That's what I wrote :)

Maria doesn't need to pump her fist on every point, and she also needs to learn that it's not polite to fist pump when she gets lucky netcords. That kind of behaviour can anger both opponents and spectators.

I also think that Yuri needs to realise that if Maria's fist pumping annoys her opponents, they may respond by giving her the finger. That doesn't give him the right to harass her opponents for the duration of the match.
I do think that his reaction might be way over the top (I don't know exact words he shouted to be really sure). OTOH, who has given the right to do rude gesticulation in response to opponent's fist pumps? May be Yuri needs to realise something but Nadia should realise either that her behavior is despicable sometimes. And I think that Schaap getting martial over verbal issues belongs to the domain of schoolboys, not grown men. I understand that those finger-showing and yelling from the stands resulted from a high level of emotions, but it would be much more reasonable to try to make Nadia and Yuri apologize to each other after the match and not get involved in a fight.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:37 PM
May be Yuri needs to realise something but Nadia should realise either that her behavior is despicable sometimes.Yes, Nadia can be :o at times

And I think that Schaap getting martial over verbal issues belongs to the domain of schoolboys, not grown men.But we don't actually know why it got physical. For all we know, Schaap may have responded to Yuri's taunts, and Yuri made it physical. However, I think we can agree that it should never have come to that in the first place.

I understand that those finger-showing and yelling from the stands resulted from a high level of emotions, but it would be much more reasonable to try to make Nadia and Yuri apologize to each other after the match and not get involved in a fight.Agreed :)

the cat
Nov 28th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Nastya's year ends on a high note winning the Fed Cup for Russia. :)

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Ok, let´s come down to this:

Russia doesn´t need Masha
Masha doesn´t need Russia

Sad, but true...everyone just needs to chill during the break;)

Emptiness
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:12 PM
We're never going to have peace and harmony on this board. Its kind of amusing watching how people react, overreact, and underreact. ;)