PDA

View Full Version : Why was LLeyton's Lounge in CCL closed by Griffin?

Hagar
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
I thought KaseyL was the moderator of that forum so I don't understand why all of a sudden one of the Head Administrators closes this thread.
She refers to the mensforums but OK, if the reason for closing the thread is that it is mens's tennis, it should have been closed a long time ago.

The opinions about closing this thread were mixed in the CCL-Community.
Looks like Griffin took the side of one camp, which she should not do in her position.

Once again, an unreasonable, very subjective, biased decision by one of the Administrators. I would expect them be more objective and fair.

The Crow
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:43 PM
I'm wondering about the way you ask questions: do you actually get answers sometimes? :tape:

griffin
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:45 PM
You got me - it's a conspiracy. The freemasons will be at your door any moment to erase any memory you had of the incident.

The only "camp" I'm siding with is the one that owns this board and sets the rules. Official board policy - which should be no suprise to anyone by now, and you can go read any one of a dozen posts explaining the whys of it - is that men's tennis-related threads should be posted on www.mentennisforums.com. I agree with you on one thing - it SHOULD have been closed a while ago. Not speaking for anyone else, but had I seen the thread earlier I would have closed it earlier.

As far as what's "biased" and "unreasonable" - as far as I'm concerned it's leaving Lleyton's Lounge there when eveyone else's ATP threads get closed that amounts to being biased and unreasonable.

"Fair" - at least in my dictionary - is holding eveyone to the same rules.

Hagar
Nov 24th, 2004, 08:00 AM
I agree with you on one thing - it SHOULD have been closed a while ago. Not speaking for anyone else, but had I seen the thread earlier I would have closed it earlier.
Well, it sure took you ages to see that thread! :rolleyes:

And why did you all of a sudden see it?
Most probably because you got informed by those CCL-ers that take the Kim-Lleyton break-up as being personally dumped by evil Lleyton.

griffin
Nov 24th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Well, it sure took you ages to see that thread! :rolleyes:

And why did you all of a sudden see it?
Most probably because you got informed by those CCL-ers that take the Kim-Lleyton break-up as being personally dumped by evil Lleyton.

You're right. Whenever someone reports a post, I should assume ulterior motives and not do anything about it. Forget whether the post in question violates board policy, it's really the intent of the reporter that matters.

And no, I do not tend to go looking for problems in areas of the board that tend not to have them. If something's brought to my attention, however, I will deal with it.