PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay and Corina in 2005

jpurkey1
Nov 22nd, 2004, 01:27 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/tennis/sfl-brickten21nov21,0,2135369.column?coll=sfla-sports-tennis

read the last paragraphs

Elldee
Nov 22nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Corina Morariu, who grew up in Boca Raton and now lives in Newport Beach, Calif., didn't make many inroads in singles as she rallied back from shoulder surgery, but she finished the year at No. 24 in doubles, reached the final at Philadelphia with Liezel Huber and will begin 2005 with Davenport in Australia with a good opportunity to get back to the No. 1 doubles spot she once occupied. ...

I'd love them to win grandslams next year, but I hope it doesn't effect Lindsay's singles.... do you think she'll play doubles at the aussie open?

Kelly
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:42 PM
if i had to choose i rather lindsay win a singles slam than help corina win a doubels

Andrew.
Nov 22nd, 2004, 07:27 PM
Sigh. This is a bad idea. No one cares about doubles, just stick with singles.

Leo_DFP
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:43 AM
I want Lindsay to win the Aussie with Corina to complete the Career Doubles Slam. However, I don't want to see her play a full schedule in doubles. No need for it when it's singles that she truly cares about. I don't think it's a coincidence that her success in singles came this year when she was taking off from dubs play.

Elldee
Nov 23rd, 2004, 11:18 AM
But Lindsay's made clear that she wants to win a Grandslam in singles more than anything else... another slam is all she wants, so maybe playing slam doubles isn't hugely wise although obviously she's pulled both off before. I don't think Lindsay and Corina are the force they used to be... they've not been doing very well.

WTAaddict
Nov 23rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
I dont see playing doubles as a bad idea!!!! Lindsay knows whats best for her. Its an additional practice specially with her serve and volleys.

Go Lindsay and Corina!!!!

Andrew.
Nov 23rd, 2004, 11:07 PM
I dont see playing doubles as a bad idea!!!! Lindsay knows whats best for her. Its an additional practice specially with her serve and volleys.

Go Lindsay and Corina!!!! Last time, she injured herself doing this and couldn't serve at her normal level. I don't want a repeat.

lindsayno1
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:12 AM
PLUS the serve is the most lethal weapon!

Elldee
Nov 24th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I disagree, I think her ground strokes are her best.

In the last few months it seems that Lindsay's been more of a liability than Corina in terms of dropping serve but Lindsay's net skills against Dementieva in the champs were awesome [I'm using awesome in its traditional meaning!]

Andrew.
Nov 24th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I disagree, I think her ground strokes are her best.

In the last few months it seems that Lindsay's been more of a liability than Corina in terms of dropping serve but Lindsay's net skills against Dementieva in the champs were awesome [I'm using awesome in its traditional meaning!] In doubles your partner is more important than your are when you're serving.

Jan
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:13 AM
if i had to choose i rather lindsay win a singles slam than help corina win a doubels
Thats how I feel Kelly but Corina is a good friend!:)

gossipcom
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:24 AM
I'm telling you Lindsay will keep on playing the Aust Open doubles until she wins the bloody thing - she's sick of being runner-up or losing to the eventual winners :)

RayRob
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:51 PM
In doubles your partner is more important than your are when you're serving.
That is true, you're serve is only as good as your partner is at the net. The reason Navaratilova, for example, is able to hold her serve a lot in doubles is because the person she plays along side is so strong at net play!

-Rache

lindsayno1
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:37 PM
true true!