PDA

View Full Version : Questions about posting ATP-related threads

Lemonskin.
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Is it possible maybe to have an ATP section like we have GM and NT? I realise that there is menstennisforums.com but I think many people like it here and couldn't be bothered creating another account in a different forum.

OR

Is there any way to carry your WTAWorld account over to MTF so I can post as Lemonskin both here and at MTF?

GoDominique
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:43 AM
This board once had a real ATP section, but it was closed to support MTF.

A little corner for men's tennis would be nice here though, since MTF is full of annoying know-it-alls. :p

Crazy Canuck
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:32 AM
since MTF is full of annoying know-it-alls

Unlike here, which is full of annoying know-nothings.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:34 AM
Is there any way to carry your WTAWorld account over to MTF so I can post as Lemonskin both here and at MTF?

As dumb as I think their rules about ATP threads are, it's *really* not that hard to go over to MTF, sign up as Lemonskin, and have yourself on "always logged in"... is it? I'm not about to go check for you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the name is still available.

GoDominique
Nov 21st, 2004, 03:20 PM
Unlike here, which is full of annoying know-nothings.
I prefer these. :p

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:15 PM
The WTA forum was jsut deleted from MTF. That was actually needed there. Oh well.

wtn_amanda
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:44 PM
The WTA forum was jsut deleted from MTF. That was actually needed there. Oh well.

It's not permanently deleted.

Should the WTAworld.com site become unavailable for technical reasons, we will restore the WTA forum as a temporary solution. The same goes for WTAworld.com.... if menstennisforums.com goes offline we will bring back the ATP forum on here as cover.

wtn_amanda
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:53 PM
As dumb as I think their rules about ATP threads are, it's *really* not that hard to go over to MTF, sign up as Lemonskin, and have yourself on "always logged in"... is it? I'm not about to go check for you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the name is still available.

The rules actually make perfect sense

Dumb would be investing significant sums of money in providing separate sites and servers to spread out traffic, but providing absolutely no incentive for anyone to go across and use the other site and free up resources for the genuine WTA fans on WTAworld.com. :)

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:17 PM
It's not permanently deleted.

Should the WTAworld.com site become unavailable for technical reasons, we will restore the WTA forum as a temporary solution. The same goes for WTAworld.com.... if menstennisforums.com goes offline we will bring back the ATP forum on here as cover. Yay. Thanks.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 22nd, 2004, 07:32 AM
The rules actually make perfect sense

Dumb would be investing significant sums of money in providing separate sites and servers to spread out traffic, but providing absolutely no incentive for anyone to go across and use the other site and free up resources for the genuine WTA fans on WTAworld.com. :)
A sound explanation.

If it's any consolation, I think that the people who continually post ATP threads knowing full well that they are going to be deleted take the cake in the "dumb" catagory.