PDA

View Full Version : how does stress affect your body?

Tracey
Mar 20th, 2002, 03:45 AM
what's the strangest thing that has ever happened to your body when you are stressed? How do you make it better?

Dahveed
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:28 AM
I generally have a stomachache when i'm stressed and if i'm really really stressed i have trouble to breath :eek:

And to make it better i lie down and breath slowly and hope the stress goes away..

The Crow
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Strange feeling in my stomach.... And a desire to run away ;)

thefreedesigner
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:36 AM
I had really bad rashes come up all over my hands which were stress related (doctor said), also cramps in my shins (:rolleyes: ),
headaches and general nausea.

Dahveed
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Oh yeah i forgot! i also had rashes once due to stress and i also have nausea :rolleyes:

Geez not good to be stressed!

irma
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:49 AM
my intestine acts up when I am under a lot of stress and there is nothing I can do except for avoiding certain food but that`s impossible because when I am under stress I need that sort of food, so it`s a neverending story with me :rolleyes: ;)

Nikki
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:15 AM
I usually get headaches.

carot
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:05 AM
oh boy Trace, don't get me started on this lol (ask poe for more details ;))

When i get stressed up, I feel sick, stomachache, throwing up, headache, migraine,... A little bit of everything. :rolleyes: And basically there is not much i can do when i get the symptoms. You just have to try to avoid the stress - but that's easier said than done.

marshmellow
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:20 AM
aw.....poor kawot! http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/kao/msroom/m-moji.gif

i just feel my body dropping. my neck and back will hurt and the occasional headache is there too....

nothing a good massage wouldn't fix. also a lot of rest. http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/kao/msroom/m-pu.gif

Scotso
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:43 PM
I have really bad panic attacks. It's scary. My whole body will freeze up... I can't move, my heart is pounding... and I'll try to scream or something and I can't make any noises :( I'm glad that it's a very very rare thing.

griffin
Mar 20th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by marshmellow

nothing a good massage wouldn't fit

How true, how true! :D

I become very prone to headaches (migraines in particular), and my shoulders and neck get unbelievably tight and knotty (unlike my head, which is always knotty)

I have a friend who's been going to massage therapy school, and being one of her practice dummies has been a godsend. Basically, anything that helps you relax will help - stretching, massage, deep-breathing excercizes.

And I have a whole bag of tricks to fend off or minimize headaches - most of which are probably more a psychological help then a physical cure, but whatever works!

billybizar
Mar 20th, 2002, 01:44 PM
If you consider hyperventilation as an example of stress, the strangest thing that happened to me was an attack while travelling in a train. I was so anxious to die from it that the train had to stop. Afterwards I felt ridiculous of course. :o

Tammy
Mar 20th, 2002, 01:50 PM
it depends on the reason in which i am stressed but it ranges from; vomiting, shaking, headaches, tension in my neck & shoulders, and even feeling faint sometimes.. thats why i try not to stress myself out too much :)

Giuliano
Mar 20th, 2002, 03:34 PM
I don't know how you'd call that (maybe rashes but I don't know what it means) but I've had that for a few years now. When I'm stressed I have things looking like dandruffs in and between my eyebrows. It only happens in the morning when I wake up but it is quite annoying. Although it'disappears after a shower.
In french it's called "dermite séborrhéique". Maybe an english expert can translate it into english.

SM
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:01 PM
i explode, and anyone within a 10km radius of me gets blown away too ;)!........really , i like to release it that's for sure!

veryborednow
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:14 PM
stress has been linked to cancer... so don't let it over power you

Martian Martin
Mar 21st, 2002, 12:44 AM
My stomach becomes really unsettled, have to keep going into the bathroom and just in general my stomach goes through real hell.

marshmellow
Mar 21st, 2002, 03:27 AM
oh i forgot...

goosebumps! http://216.40.198.77/mysmilies/s/kao/otn/blobsilly.gif very weird...i know...
and the skin on my arms aren't as soft...

ofcourse i get the same thing from drinking...

stress and drinking? im headed for cancerhttp://216.40.198.77/mysmilies/s/kao/otn/bloblaugh1.gif.....