PDA

View Full Version : Football boss fined after trying to run over referee

DelMonte
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=316868&cc=5739

Boss fined for trying to run over referee

The boss of a small Moldovan club has been fined $2,000 for driving his jeep on to the pitch and trying to run over the referee after a disputed penalty.
Local media reported that Mihai Macovei, president of second division Roso Floren, drove his jeep straight at referee Vitaly Onike after he awarded a penalty against his team in the first half of last week's match against rivals Politehnika Chisinau.

'I've had enough of these refs, they are so corrupt and biased that you just can't stand still anymore. You have to do something to stop this,' the media quoted Macovei as saying.

'I didn't punch or threaten him (referee). I just drove my car on to the pitch to protest against that penalty and drove away after a few minutes. I didn't harm anybody.' :smash: :tape:

However, the referee decided to abandon the match and this week the disciplinary committee of the Moldovan soccer federation awarded Politehnika a 3-0 win and fined the Roso boss.

A team from a small village near the capital, Roso have been trying to win promotion to the eight-team Moldovan premier league for the first time in the club's history. They are in fourth place midway through the season.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:47 PM
That'll be Steve McClaren when tomorrows ref disallows another goal v Liverpool or awards Liverpool a dodgy penalty :lol: :rolleyes:

Emola
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:51 PM
making your excuses for tomorrow already? ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:53 PM
As every team does when they play Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool :rolleyes: :p

Emola
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Can't you come up with something a bit different then, its getting boring now :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Can't you come up with something a bit different then, its getting boring now :p
It'sd only boring cos you know it's right and that Bolo's Goalo was a good one ;)

Emola
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I never said it wasn't ;) Im off now to visit my auntie. Speak later maybe

:wavey:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:08 PM
I never said it wasn't ;) Im off now to visit my auntie. Speak later maybe

Say hello to Auntie Emola for me :lol:

Emola
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I will do ;) She's come over from Switzerland for the weekend, but shes originally from Canada :)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:12 PM
I will do ;) She's come over from Switzerland for the weekend, but shes originally from Canada :)
Mrs Hargreaves? :eek:

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:17 AM
:lol: :lol: It's the kind of thing I can imagine Graeme Souness doing....... :o :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:31 PM
What excuses are these? I don't need any now ;) :angel:

Emola
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Id mention the offside thing but I'd only get called bitter ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Id mention the offside thing but I'd only get called bitter ;)
1.Your luck ran out
2. I've seen neither yet
3. Revenge is very sweet
4. Bitter? Nah.........well maybe as Everton are so far ahead of you :p

Emola
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:31 PM
see my post in the footy thread, as I've seen the goals :) ;) so far? 9 points isn't much......:unsure: