PDA

View Full Version : kim's return

Grohl
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:59 AM
the australian open too soon?
The injury is healing well, but there's not date set for her comeback. It will possibly be at the diamond games in february.
Kim has to wear a brace for 3 weeks and has to take things slowly. The tournament in syndey, before AO will be too soon, but it's the question if she comes back at the AO of the diamond games.

Geisha
Nov 19th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I think she can make it back for the Aussie, if she takes practicing lightly!!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I think Kim should wait till Diamond games or Indian Wells!!! Just incase! If she comes back at Austrailia it maybe too soon and it will most probably end her career if she gets another injury. She needs to fully recover (even if it means her ranking drops). The tour needs her, Justine, Venus and Serena fully healthy!

Equus
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
i hope she plays Aussie because i miss her too much :hearts:

ace4lleykim
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Yea, it's a lil risky to comeback that early, but I really want her to play the AO. (Sorry for being selfish. :p)

jenny161185
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:02 PM
I really thought she'd be fully healed by Oz hopefully she will I cant stand her being away for much longer!

wayitis
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I saw her wrist two weeks ago and it still looks pretty bad... she said she would like to try to be back in time for the Aussie but she doesn't think it will be possible...

Andrew.
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I hope she's learned from her previous two "comebacks" this year.

Andrew.
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:33 PM
She should wait until after Miami to come back, so she can get a SSR. If she comes back at Antwerp, she'll be ranked in the 85-90 range with no SSR.

Mrs. Peel
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:43 PM
It is just so unusual not having her around playing! Last year she was one of the most visible players...I want her back healthy and back in the mix. The presence of the Belgians adds a much needed complexity to the tour!

I am not aware of Kim's condition to date...but it would be great to have her back ASAP! :wavey:

englishjenfan
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Hopefully she will be back for the Aussie Open

Equus
Nov 19th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I saw her wrist two weeks ago and it still looks pretty bad... she said she would like to try to be back in time for the Aussie but she doesn't think it will be possible...
:sad: :sad:

Alfie
Nov 19th, 2004, 08:03 PM
She should wait until after Miami to come back, so she can get a SSR. If she comes back at Antwerp, she'll be ranked in the 85-90 range with no SSR.
What does "SSR" stand for? Is this some sort of protected ranking? That would be great if she could get that. I miss seeing Kim on the court. The absence of the Belgians opened the door for the Russians. Now it's time for the Belgian babes to step it up this year, but I'm afraid the competition has gained lots of confidence since the Belgians were away.

Slumpsova
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:59 AM
really? :eek: did she say that to you?

to me, it seems like Kim doesn't wanna play in Autralian Open as much as usual. maybe she doesn't even wanna go to Australia.

but if she waits until Antwerp, will Kim ever has a ranking? her last 3 tournaments is Antwerp, Berlin and Hasselt. what if the calendar conflict force WTA to cut off Antwerp points in the week before?

Lemonskin.
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:01 AM
I think the AO is too soon.

Maybe wait for Indian Wells or even *gasp* the French Open

Tenisci
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Come Back Kim :)

Kart
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:19 AM
I'm sure Kim knows what she's doing.

turt
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:59 AM
I'm sure Kim knows what she's doing.
Really?

Brαm
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Really?
Let's hope so :)

turt
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Let's hope so :)
Yeah ;)

Imagine if she comes back too soon without a protected ranking, she would have to beg for a wild card for pretty every tournament she wants to play! :eek:
I think there's a rule when you are on the Golden list you can get quite a few WC, but still...

veera
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah ;)

Imagine if she comes back too soon without a protected ranking, she would have to beg for a wild card for pretty every tournament she wants to play! :eek:
I think there's a rule when you are on the Golden list you can get quite a few WC, but still...
I believe she gets unlimited number of wild cards because she's on that list. And what tournament wouldn't give her a WC? She probably won't get special seeding anyway because she hasn't won a GS.

turt
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I believe she gets unlimited number of wild cards because she's on that list. And what tournament wouldn't give her a WC? She probably won't get special seeding anyway because she hasn't won a GS.
So basically, the top seeds could face Kim in Round 1... :scared:
I wonder who would be the most bothered? Kim, because she has to face a top seed and if she loses she can't climb up the rankings? Or the top seed because they would have to face a top opponent in Round 1, possibly being ousted without adding points?

babsi
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:52 PM
No Kimmie on the gold exempt, here is the list, the only source is my e-mail before anyone asks.
2005 Gold Exempt List

(Players in each group are listed alphabetically)

Group 1-3
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Maria Sharapova
Serena Williams

Group 4-6*
Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport
Amelie Mauresmo

Group - 7-10
Elena Dementieva
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Anastasia Myskina
Venus Williams

Group - 11-13
Daniela Hantuchova (WC)
Nadia Petrova
Mary Pierce (WC)

Group - 14-20
Elena Bovina
Tatiana Golovin (WC)
Patty Schnyder
Karolina Sprem (WC)
Paola Suarez
Ai Sugiyama
Vera Zvonareva
Gold Exempt Emeritus: Monica Seles

*The number 4 player may be different on a regional basis, USA, Europe, Rest of the World.

Lindsay Davenport is #4 in the USA and Rest of the World regions.

Amelie Mauresmo is #4 in the European region.

(WC) = Wild Card

turt
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Wow it sucks even more

Slumpsova
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:35 PM
No Kimmie on the gold exempt, here is the list, the only source is my e-mail before anyone asks.

2005 Gold Exempt List

Group 1-3

Justine Henin-Hardenne
Maria Sharapova
Serena Williams

Group 4-6*
Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport
Amelie Mauresmo

Group - 7-10
Elena Dementieva
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Anastasia Myskina
Venus Williams

Group - 11-13
Daniela Hantuchova (WC)
Nadia Petrova
Mary Pierce (WC)

Group - 14-20
Elena Bovina
Tatiana Golovin (WC)
Patty Schnyder
Karolina Sprem (WC)
Paola Suarez
Ai Sugiyama
Vera Zvonareva

*The number 4 player may be different on a regional basis, USA, Europe, Rest of the World.

(WC) = Wild Card

it's so unfair :sad:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 20th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I don't know what this Gold Exempt list is all about!

Andrew.
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:02 PM
I believe she gets unlimited number of wild cards because she's on that list. And what tournament wouldn't give her a WC? She probably won't get special seeding anyway because she hasn't won a GS. No, she's not on that list. And she wouldn't get an SSR in February because she hasn't been off long enough.

harloo
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:05 PM
The AO is too soon. I hope Kim comes back when she is fully healed so that she can defeat the Russians. I really would like to see her win a slam before she leaves the game.;)

Kart
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Really?
Yes.

Kart
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:11 PM
And she has the added benefit of actually knowing the nature of her injury and its progress rather than speculating on it.

~|Naomi|~
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:16 PM
That is absolutley disgusting that Kim isn't on the GE list, the WTA are awful, she did so much for them in 2003 and now they turn around and don't even give her GE status. Kim really needed that. Oh well I know she can do it without it, and show she doesn't need their help. But if things don't go as planned for her when she comes back it will be very tough and who knows what she will do, I just hope she doesn't retire:sad: I thought the GE list was taken from the top 16 after the US Open, when Kim was still top 16. Kim was a GS finalist this season and they give Golovin, Daniela, Sprem and Pierce wild cards onto the list over Kim, when Kim is ranked above them all bar Sprem and played tonnes less. I thought the WTA were bad enough before, but now:mad:

Fingon
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:46 PM
the thing is, the WTA has included injured players in the gold exemption list before, if they haven't this time I wonder they know something we don't.

lauryn
Nov 21st, 2004, 12:53 AM
That's so strange, I don't understand how she cannot be on the GE list :confused: There has to be some reason behind this...
Can a player ask not to be on the list? And any possible reason why a player would not want to be on the list?

Anyway thanks for posting babsi! :)

Fingon
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:04 AM
That's so strange, I don't understand how she cannot be on the GE list :confused: There has to be some reason behind this...
Can a player ask not to be on the list? And any possible reason why a player would not want to be on the list?

Anyway thanks for posting babsi! :)
probably it was Kim who asked not to be included.

According to the rules, players in the ge list need to fulfill their commitments, and if they don't they get fined. Even if they are injured they only get the fine reduced by half. If Kim isn't certain she can honour those commitments she would be paying a lot of money in fines, without getting any benefits.

I am sure when Kim does come back she will not have problems getting wildcards.

lauryn
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:19 AM
I guess that makes sense :)

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:26 AM
I think she will miss the Aussie Open :)

I dont think she would be ready for that level of tennis so early and perhaps the break-up with Hewitt, she isn't ready to play in Australia after all of crap.

I expect Kimmy to miss January/Febuary of 05.

Tochio
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:14 AM
She will be back for Aus open for sure.

Believe me.

alex.2812
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:32 AM
what is the Gold Exempt?

theklein
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:53 AM
I cant wait for Kims return, and i feel sorry for her when i heard that her and hewitt had broken up, how devistating

~|Naomi|~
Nov 21st, 2004, 09:10 AM
If Kim isn't certain she can honour those commitments she would be paying a lot of money in fines, without getting any benefits.

I am sure when Kim does come back she will not have problems getting wildcards.
Hmm yeah maybe, I know Kim wasn't happy about having to play Moscow in the first place and then getting fined when she couldn't play cause she was injured was something she wasn't happy about.

But Kim would get benefits, after AO her ranking is going seriously south and she isn't defending Paris so if she can't play Antwerp then she won't have a ranking:sad: So while she probably paid a lot of fines this year next year I think it would really help her next year to get into tournaments. I hope you are right about her being able to get wild cards, but now she isn't a GE player aren't there restrictions on the number she can actually get and she will need a lot to build herself back up again:sad: I don't think Kim would be above playing quallifying or challengers but she needs a ranking to get into them.

veera
Nov 21st, 2004, 10:10 AM
I seriously don't understand why Kim isn't on that list. It's SO wrong! Kim has won nearly as many matches as Daniela this year. Monica Seles is still on that list though she hasn't played all season. (And yes, of course she deserves to be on that list, but Kim should be there as well...) I officially hate the WTA.

So Kim won't have a ranking in March. Nice. Maybe she'll just have to qualify for 10k tournaments in Scandinavia and I can finally see her playing live.

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 21st, 2004, 10:18 AM
hm, if Kim hasn't asked the WTA to not put her on the list, it's just ridiculous, if she has, I wonder if this is a good idea? :confused:

and if you're not on that GE List, how many WC can you get at most?

and the idea of Kim playing Challengers! so strange!

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 21st, 2004, 10:56 AM
This fucking sucks. :sad:

Tennis isn't the same without her. :crying2:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:53 AM
hm, if Kim hasn't asked the WTA to not put her on the list, it's just ridiculous, if she has, I wonder if this is a good idea? :confused:

and if you're not on that GE List, how many WC can you get at most?

and the idea of Kim playing Challengers! so strange!
shouldnt really affect her too much in getting WC's
she has won the YEC Champs (twice) and that means she can have unlimited # of WC's

Hagar
Nov 21st, 2004, 12:30 PM
I have said this before and I am saying it again: Kim's ranking does not bother me, her health does.
If she's healthy, she will gather points very quickly. And all the tournaments she has won in the past will probably very happy to let her enter, and seen the fact that she's already won a lot of tournaments, that means being able to play enough.

cynicole
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:19 PM
probably it was Kim who asked not to be included.

According to the rules, players in the ge list need to fulfill their commitments, and if they don't they get fined. Even if they are injured they only get the fine reduced by half. If Kim isn't certain she can honour those commitments she would be paying a lot of money in fines, without getting any benefits.
Makes tons of sense.

Besides, the WTA changes the rules all the time anyway so they can always pop her back into the list whenever they want.

I wish all the players would just reject the GE list.

starr
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:41 PM
I'd like to see Kim skip the AO next year. I think it is too much pressure on her. She evidently is having a hard time going out in public even in Belgium, so it seems it's a big ask for her to go down to Lleytonland and have all the press speculation. I'd like to see her start her year earliest during the European winter season.

fammmmedspin
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:08 PM

2005 Gold Exempt List

Group 1-3

Justine Henin-Hardenne
Maria Sharapova
Serena Williams

Group 4-6*
Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport
Amelie Mauresmo

Group - 7-10
Elena Dementieva
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Anastasia Myskina
Venus Williams

Group - 11-13
Daniela Hantuchova (WC)
Nadia Petrova
Mary Pierce (WC)

Group - 14-20
Elena Bovina
Tatiana Golovin (WC)
Patty Schnyder
Karolina Sprem (WC)
Paola Suarez
Ai Sugiyama
Vera Zvonareva

(WC) = Wild Card

Just love the list. its as if they added Sharapova to some 2003 list and then randomised it. Its just full of illogic. why push Jen when you know she can't win - it just cons the people who buy the seats she will be there to watch. What on earth is Daniela doing there at all on her last 2 years of form? Myskina is somehow below 5 players you would expect her to beat and 3 she might beat. Even odder when she seems to be getting applause wherever she plays whilst some peole above her play to silence. How on earth Justine gets number 1 is pretty incredible - even if she still is the best player, and who knows that, she is hardly the most popular on the publicity criteria they are using - ask the French if they want to see Momo or Justine or the Americans if they want to see Venus, Lindsay, Serena, Maria, Jen or Justine. They even have odd categories such as Europe and the rest of the world that only an american could dream up. There is no such entity as Europe apart from in some fantasies in Brussels and with some Americans who use large scale maps. - Momo would never be more popular than Lindsay or Venus in the UK in the same way as she would always be more popular in France. Myskina would obviously be more popular in Russia than either of them. As for the rest of the world - its just a silly concept - apart from Maria the number 2 for the whole of East Asia would be Ai. The concept is dopey, the execution totally ropey.

As for Kim - she obviously should be on the list probably in the first group given that injured players seem to be there and her top form is a lot more recent than 4 of the people in the top 13.

pigam
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:12 PM
Just love the list. its as if they added Sharapova to some 2003 list and then randomised it. Its just full of illogic. why push Jen when you know she can't win - it just cons the people who buy the seats she will be there to watch. What on earth is Daniela doing there at all on her last 2 years of form? Myskina is somehow below 5 players you would expect her to beat and 3 she might beat. Even odder when she seems to be getting applause wherever she plays whilst some peole above her play to silence. How on earth Justine gets number 1 is pretty incredible - even if she still is the best player, and who knows that, she is hardly the most popular on the publicity criteria they are using - ask the French if they want to see Momo or Justine or the Americans if they want to see Venus, Lindsay, Serena, Maria, Jen or Justine. They even have odd categories such as Europe and the rest of the world that only an american could dream up. There is no such entity as Europe apart from in some fantasies in Brussels and with some Americans who use large scale maps. - Momo would never be more popular than Lindsay or Venus in the UK in the same way as she would always be more popular in France. Myskina would obviously be more popular in Russia than either of them. As for the rest of the world - its just a silly concept - apart from Maria the number 2 for the whole of East Asia would be Ai. The concept is dopey, the execution totally ropey.

As for Kim - she obviously should be on the list probably in the first group given that injured players seem to be there and her top form is a lot more recent than 4 of the people in the top 13.

I actually think a lot of poeple like to see justine play tennis.
Not saying she's the most beautifull or popular, but if you've seen her play live
her tennis is something special. You can't deny that.
Besides, who cares about all this?!! Players prove themselves day after day
Justine not Myskina, nor Venus nor anyone else needs your or the WTA's approval for anything. As long as they win matches, they're fine!

And beside, Kim fans shoulmdn't be mad she isn't on there IMHO. I think she stepped up to the WTA and didn't want to be on there and refused to do all the "extra-curricular activities"
Goed gedaan KIm!!!! :yeah:

fammmmedspin
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:20 PM
Not saying she's the most beautifull or popular, but if you've seen her play live
Justine not Myskina, nor Venus nor anyone else needs your or the WTA's approval for anything. As long as they win matches, they're fine!

And beside, Kim fans shoulmdn't be mad she isn't on there IMHO. I think she stepped up to the WTA and didn't want to be on there and refused to do all the "extra-curricular activities"
Agree Justine is great if well. Just don't see any consistency in their criteria. If its popularity she wouldn't be number1 if ability, if well she might be. Kim would probably get the popularity vote too and is more global in her appeal but she isn't even there.. If they are doing it on regions they seem to be making dumb assumptions. If as you imply the list doesn't matter it doesn't matter but if they use the list as written they will just get odd results.

veera
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:34 PM

I agree with you, the list is not that important.
It's just that we don't know if it was Kim's desicion or not... Maybe the WTA just didn't want to put her on that list. And is Monica Seles paying fines for not playing? I doubt it.

cynicole
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:56 PM
Just don't see any consistency in their criteria. If its popularity she wouldn't be number1 if ability, if well she might be. Kim would probably get the popularity vote too and is more global in her appeal but she isn't even there.. If they are doing it on regions they seem to be making dumb assumptions. If as you imply the list doesn't matter it doesn't matter but if they use the list as written they will just get odd results. Maybe you should look at it as

Group 1
IMG / Nike / Prince / Motorola / etc and whichever markets they "control"
IMG / William Morris / Nike / Wilson / etc and whichever markets they "control"
Octagon / Adidas / Wilson / etc and whichever markets they "control"

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the tournament directors the ones who decide the order of the list? The good ones should have a good idea of who their market is willing to shell out money to see.

BTW - Sharapova is #1 and Serena is #2 according to reports that came out of Moscow. That means Justine is #3. There just isn't any real difference between the 3 spots except, I guess, in priority for the GE wildcards.

Greenout
Nov 21st, 2004, 10:45 PM

The list is shown as alphabetical by last name. The truth is
that the top 3 on the list is as follows

1) Maria
2) Serena
3) Justine.

Justine has actually dropped from 1- 3 for 2005. The real.
order of listing has been posted before.

I for one agree with Cyn. It's more of a burden than a reward.
It's a contract with the devil, actually. 13 WTA tournaments,
on the schedule that you must show up or pay fines against
your guarantee earnings for the year.

I'm not even to sure I believe that tournament directors selected
these players. I suspect the WTA hyped this list and led them
to believe this is the star ranking list. It's almost blackmail.
Pay the special WTA appearance fee, get your TIER 1, II or
III billing, and these people will show up.

Actually the list would include Ai Sugiyama; but the it depends
on the country. Japan would have it as..

1) Ai
2) Justine
3) Maria
4) Lindsay
5) Amelie

The Sisters aren't big in Japan.

Daniela is actually quite big in Asia and I do believe the UK, so
it's not that off.

A country like say..China would be more like the global list.

1) Maria
2) Serena
3) Justine.

* I think it sounds possible that Lei opted to not be on the list
and be bound by the WTA contracts for 2005. There's no injury
illness clause expect for gurantee fines on the Gold Exempt list
nowadays.

~|Naomi|~
Nov 22nd, 2004, 12:11 AM
Goed gedaan KIm!!!!
If that is the case then I am happy, the WTA have treated her like crap so I'd be happy if she has. But we don't if it was her choice or the wtas choice.

To someone who knows a fair bit about the ins and outs of the GE system, would it have anything to do with the fact that Kim didn't make her minmm number of tournaments this season, cause when Marc (her coach) did an interview before Hasselt they seemed quite worried about not making that which inevitably they didn't. So could it be the WTA didn't put her on this list as she didn't fulfill the requirements of being on it last year? Or is it more likely they fined her for not playing enough and Kim got mad about that as she is injured so obviously can't play and so said I'm not going on your list?

she has won the YEC Champs (twice) and that means she can have unlimited # of WC's
Thankyou so much for this, I didn't know that, I was worried she would have a limited number.

I for one agree with Cyn. It's more of a burden than a reward.
It's a contract with the devil, actually. 13 WTA tournaments,
on the schedule that you must show up or pay fines against
your guarantee earnings for the year.
So Kim didn't want to sign a contract with the devil:p She would have paid a lot of fines this year:eek:

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:45 AM
I have said this before and I am saying it again: Kim's ranking does not bother me, her health does.
Exactly.

It really eats my goat when all people are concerned about is whether or not she'll get an SR. This could potentially end her career, yet it's her rank that is the focal point.

It does suck that she won't get a SR, but I don't care what tournament she plays or who she plays, it's as long as she plays. :hearts:

Grohl
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:12 AM
that's the thing that counts, as long that she doesn't has to stop like elke it's all good to me, I just want her to come back, so that we can cheer for her again! but she should take all the time she needs for that

alfonsojose
Nov 22nd, 2004, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't comeback from injury on my ex home GS :eek:

Brαm
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:57 PM
A slam is a slam. Who cares where it is?
And ex home? Please! Just because she had a relationship with an Aussie doesn't mean that Oz was her home :rolleyes:

~|Naomi|~
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:12 AM
Why wouldn't Kim want to play the AO, she isn't hated here like some people are making out even though they aren't australian, I'm an aussie and I'd cheer like crazy for her and it isn't just me like on the radio they are still behind her and happy to cheer for her.

Lleyton doesn't own the AO, he has never passed round 4 Kim on the other hand has been a two time semi finalist and also a finalist.

I do hope Kim doesn't play the AO though, not because it is in Australia but becuase I want her wrist to be 100%

Just because she had a relationship with an Aussie doesn't mean that Oz was her home

Exactly, Kim always said that she loved it in Australia but it always felt like a holiday to her and she'd be home sick by the end of AO and that whenever she is back in Belgium that feels like home.

It really eats my goat when all people are concerned about is whether or not she'll get an SR. This could potentially end her career, yet it's her rank that is the focal point.

It does suck that she won't get a SR, but I don't care what tournament she plays or who she plays, it's as long as she plays. :hearts:

Okay maybe you have some of us wrong, we all care firstly about Kim's health and that she is 100% but also want to see her play tennis again when she is 100% and for that she will need to be able to get into tournaments. Kim's health is priority but we don't have to say that in every thread where we can talk about other things.

Are you sure? I think she has to have won it 3 times. Plus meeting other criteria, she meets two of them but not the other one. So I think she will have a limited amount, but I don't think she will have problems getting wildcards, I mean if I held a tournament I'd give her a wild card over many players on that list:p

Daniel
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:03 AM
Come back Kim, :D

Grohl
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:26 AM
what a load of crap! Kim's home is belgium, but she just happens to have an ex in aus

jun_maria
Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:21 AM
This fucking sucks. :sad:

Tennis isn't the same without her. :crying2:

im with you ..... :cat:

jun_maria
Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:23 AM
Come back Kim, :D

im big fan of hingis ... good to see a hingis fan .. sorry .. :cool:
:cat:

Grohl
Nov 23rd, 2004, 08:10 AM
im with you ..... :cat:

me too, it's just really not the same,
it's time that she scores good at a big tourn ,so she can throw a party again! lol