PDA

View Full Version : Im off to the Australian Open Training Camp this weekend!

AUSBOY
Nov 19th, 2004, 08:52 AM
I've been invited to play a few matches at Melbourne Park this weekend while all the ballkids, scoreboard operators go through their final trial.

Its the final practice run for them b4 the Open along with the local umpires/linesmen for the Open.

Its gonna be cool not having to pick up my own balls for a change! Just have to watch my language, dont wanna cop a warning in front of all those kids LOL

Its the closest Im gonna get anyway to the real experience of playing the Australian Open!

broncosven
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Cool

Sounds awesome

Aussie_chic
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Lol! Just dream a little while ur there hey!

Enjoy!!

nitocris_tiger
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:11 AM
I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago but it was just for the ballkids. Great fun and way cool to get balls chucked at you when you're serving! And yeah I have a tendancy to swear a bit too so I had to keep that in check!

pierce0415
Dec 15th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I've been invited to play a few matches at Melbourne Park this weekend while all the ballkids, scoreboard operators go through their final trial.

Its the final practice run for them b4 the Open along with the local umpires/linesmen for the Open.

Its gonna be cool not having to pick up my own balls for a change! Just have to watch my language, dont wanna cop a warning in front of all those kids LOL

Its the closest Im gonna get anyway to the real experience of playing the Australian Open!
Do you have to have connections to be invited to one of these sessions? I have played at the US OPEN facilities before but not w/ ballkids:p :mad:

Mr_Molik
Dec 15th, 2004, 02:51 AM
i got to have ballkids in pennant the other day aswell it was awesome!

nitocris_tiger
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Do you have to have connections to be invited to one of these sessions? I have played at the US OPEN facilities before but not w/ ballkids:p :mad:
Nah there's quite a few sessions for the ballkid training sessions so it's pretty easy to get into one.

pierce0415
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Nah there's quite a few sessions for the ballkid training sessions so it's pretty easy to get into one.
thanks
I guess they run things a little differently Down Under

Experimentee
Dec 15th, 2004, 11:27 AM

How do you get info on when these sessions are and how to get into them? Might consider it next year.

nitocris_tiger
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:20 PM
How do you get info on when these sessions are and how to get into them? Might consider it next year.
Just ring up Melbourne Park, they start as early as July

azza
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:22 AM
cool :D was it fun

SM
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:56 AM
cool. ive played matches on show courts before and undefeated . its really fun but im sure it will be much better not having to chase the balls ;):)