PDA

View Full Version : I love Google!!!!

Sam L
Nov 19th, 2004, 08:21 AM
It's not enough that it's my favorite search engine on the net.

I, now, have gmail thanks to Kerni!! :kiss: Which, imo, is the best email that I've ever used!

AND they've gone and made Google Scholar which has made it so easy and neat for me to search for relevant scientific publications and citations.

Google is simply the best. I love it!!! :worship::worship::worship:

Calvin
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:24 AM
I'm curious about what Scholar has to offer that ISI Web of Knowledge can't...

I Google-Sholar-ed my no1 publication but couldn't find it, or does it only show 100% free articles?

Sam L
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I'm curious about what Scholar has to offer that ISI Web of Knowledge can't...

I Google-Sholar-ed my no1 publication but couldn't find it, or does it only show 100% free articles?
Yes it doesn't show just 100% free articles, which is annoying sometimes, but it's working out for me so far.

Calvin
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Yes it doesn't show just 100% free articles, which is annoying sometimes, but it's working out for me so far.
what I want to know is: in what aspect is it better than ISI? Or in what aspect will more advanced versions of scholar be better? :confused:

Sam L
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:57 AM
what I want to know is: in what aspect is it better than ISI? Or in what aspect will more advanced versions of scholar be better? :confused:
I don't think it's more advanced as such. But I like it for its clean interface and the citations which are very useful for me. It might not be useful for others though.

I have enough resources at my university library already. And this for me is just another tool I can use.

Mattographer
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:02 PM
I, now, have gmail thanks to Kerni!! :kiss: Which, imo, is the best email that I've ever used!
Your welcome :kiss: Glad to hear you like it! :D

veryborednow
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:03 PM
What's the address for google scholar?

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Lol, I have to agree that Google is the best search engine on the net! :yeah:

Pamela Shriver
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:06 PM
I simply love the word Google. All those vowels... GOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle . Great stuff.