PDA

View Full Version : Alias ----> WEDNESDAY'S In 2005

AjdeNate!
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:46 AM
LOS ANGELES - ABC's popular Sunday night spy drama "Alias" will move to Wednesday when it returns to the schedule next year, Walt Disney Co. President Robert Iger said Thursday.

Iger said network executives have decided to move "The Bachelorette" from Wednesday to Monday nights as part of a new reality television block to replace "Monday Night Football" after the season ends.

"Rather than take a chance with some new dramas, which they have done in the past and not done well, they've decided, given the landscape in terms of the competition, to go with an all-reality night," Iger said.

ABC delayed the fourth season of "Alias," which stars Jennifer Garner as a sexy CIA agent, to allow enough episodes to be filmed so the full season could be broadcast without interruption.

The prime-time soap opera "Desperate Housewives" now occupies the Sunday night time slot in which "Alias" ran. The show has become a surprise hit for the network.

AjdeNate!
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:48 AM
I swear if the ratings drop and it gets canned, I will be an angry bitch.

Jericho
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:50 AM
thank god my wednesday nights are free :p

AjdeNate!
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Season 4/Episode 1
AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY 1
WED. JAN. 5, 9pm Eastern/8pm Central

Season 4/Episode 2
AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY 2
WED. JAN. 5, 10pm Eastern/9pm Central

DutchieGirl
Nov 19th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Yah, it's gonna be a JJ Abrams night in the US...Alias is gonna follow his other show "Lost".

I don't even know when it's gonna be on in Australia though. I hope we don't have to wait too long next year until we get it. And I'll be pissed if the ratings drop because of the move. I've been watching Alias since the start! I can't wait for S3 to come out on box set here. I'm getting it for Christmas. :D It's out at the start of December! :D Yay.

DutchieGirl
Nov 19th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Season 4/Episode 1
AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY 1
WED. JAN. 5, 9pm Eastern/8pm Central

Season 4/Episode 2
AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY 2
WED. JAN. 5, 10pm Eastern/9pm Central
Hmm...it's still on at the same time though. It was always 9pm on Sunday's. ;) (I have an American poster for the show on my wall: "Alias Sundays 9/8c". ;) But I hate it how shows get changed around so much. Alias has been changed here already. It used to be on Monday's, and that was the best night of tv for me. Alias at 7:30pm, then an hour off (or Sex and the City - my friend liked that show, I wasn't into it so much) and then Buffy at 9:30pm. That was the best, but this year Alias was on Tuesday's, which sucked (for me coz I had work)! ;)

Mattographer
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Just to let you know that Melissa George confirmed that she won't returns the show as Lauren Reed even not for flashbacks. She want to do work in a big screen.

Keith
Nov 19th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I am uber-excited for the ALIAS premiere!

I just started watching this year and I've watched all of them on DVD, so it is going to suck hardcore sitting through commercials and waiting a week for the next episode.

A sneak peek inside the new season: Jack Bristow will be the antagonist in season 4. Also, Julian Sark will only appear in about 4 episodes this season. In episode 7 of the 4th season, Anna Espinosa returns for at least 2 episodes. Lena Olin (Irina Derevko) will NOT be in season 4, but she said she would like to return for season 5.

I love ALIAS. It's a great show. I think season one was the best. I hope they return to the formula that made the first season so special.

xr6turbo
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Anna Espinosa returns for at least 2 episodes. Lena Olin (Irina Derevko) will NOT be in season 4, but she said she would like to return for season 5.

:eek: Awesome!!! Irina rocks!!! :woohoo:

roots
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:03 PM
When Desperate Housewives (ABC) got picked up for an entire season, I remember thinking that no way was Alias going to get back its 9pm time slot on Sundays, I said it would be ideal if it played on Wednesdays after Lost, instead of that crappy Bachelor. Sure enough, Alias will play on Wednesdays. I really hope it picks up viewers. How can't it, Lost is doing great and it's aimed at the same audience.

I can't wait for the new season of Alias to start. Alias has got to be the best thing on TV!

jrm
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:00 PM
I wonder how Jennifer/Michael will coupe now they aren't a couple anymore?

Michael, my phone number is ...

Mattographer
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Irina's other sister than Katya, Yetunde (I think it's her name) will appeared in the season and possible the role goes to Sela Ward (who was in The Day After Tomorrow as Sam's mother). I think Sela Ward is a good choice as she and Lena Olin much lookalike each other!

DutchieGirl
Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:12 AM
OMG! That'd be awesome if Lena would come back for Season 5! Lena is so cool!

btw, apparantly Jen and Michael had to do a few kissing scenes at the beginning of season 4, and the were "very professional" about it. I read that in an interview with one of the alias members - don't remember who though! lol