PDA

View Full Version : Arnold for President?

AimeeLizAni
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Give me a fuckin' break! :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:45 PM
that would be very sad indeed

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:57 PM
:rolleyes:

AimeeLizAni
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:58 PM
*deep voice* "Caleeforneea does not need any girly-men"....

canadian_bass_2
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:14 PM
It's truly sad when the country will turn to a blue-eyed blonde-haired AUSTRIAN to save their country before turning to a black/hispanic/japanese/insert-other-type-here American who grew up in the US and who knows how it works from the inside out.

Though the fact that you've never had a female president doesn't help matters either. The US governement is a "Big Boy" group. Take a look at the senate. There are 5 people of visible minority. The one gay guy got ousted too, so it's not just race...but whatever. My rant is over.

Berlin_Calling
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Arnold can't be President. Unless the Congress amends that Constitution which will never happen.

Volcana
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Arnold can't be President. Unless the Congress amends that Constitution which will never happen.On July 10th, 2003, Senator Orrin Hatch introduced S. J. Res. 15 (http://www.library.georgetown.edu/dept/govdocs/SJRes15-1.pdf), the 'Equal Opportunity To Govern Amendment'. Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to make eligible for the Office of President a person who has been a United States citizen for 20 years.On June 11th, 2003, Congressional Representative man Vic Snyder (D-AR) introduced H.J. Res. 59 (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.J.RES.59.IH:)Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to permit persons who are not natural-born citizens of the United States, but who have been citizens of the United States for at least 35 years, to be eligible to hold the offices of President and Vice President. The bill currently has six co-sponsors in the House and has been referred to the House Subcommittee on the Constitution.

PointBlank
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:19 AM
I get to vote in 2008 and If its between Arnold and Alanis Morisette...Vote Nader.

Circe
Nov 19th, 2004, 05:44 AM
could be worse.

vutt
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Wasn't Roland actor to? So in that sense it's nothing new.
and btw. isn't Arnold typical representation of american way of life?

Truthwillout
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:13 AM
The Americans should think twice before amending the constitution just for Arnold's sake. Remember what happened last time people elected someone who spoke with an incomprehensible Austrian accent? :lol: :eek: :tape:

Plus those who want to amend the constitution for Arnold's sake might get Navratilova being elected president instead. ;)

fifiricci
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:34 AM
It demonstrates how the US is totally hooked on showbiz.. My fear is that too many of its citizens believe all the claptrap propaganda oozed by its media system and Hollywood. Sometimes I fear that a goodly proportion of its citizens honestly believe that Private Ryan won world war II on his own.

What a laugh!

:lol: