PDA

View Full Version : Serena to star in 'Rush Hour 3'

CrossingDelancey
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Has anybody viewed the interview with Brett Ratner on ET-TV?

He was being interview about his latest movie, starring Pierce Brosnan. When he was asked would there be another ‘Rush Hour’ movie in the making, and would Serena have a starring role.
He went on to answer that he was in discussion why Jackie Chan & Chris Tucker. They were working on the premise that the movies main theme would be about a tennis champion being abducted by the mob.
In the movie the Chris Tucker character was childhood friends with what would be I presume the ‘Serena’ character. Well that’s what it sounded like when he was describing the plot.
Although he did articulate that the tennis champion in the movie would be fictional, and not Serena Williams herself.

I thought the first two movies were great fun! :) Who knows!

Andrew.
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I think it would work, but don't try to work the tennis theme in there. 90% of Americans don't know what it is.

miranda_lou
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:44 PM
The first "Rush Hour" was a big hit; the second "Rush Hour" was not such a hit. I imagine the third one will be even less so.:rolleyes: This is a movie with one star who can't act and another one who can't speak english.:tape: I think people might be a little tired of the premise.

Besides, I thought Serena didn't want to play a tennis player. Isn't that why she turned down "Wimbledon"?

Veegeta
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:44 PM
This movie's gonna be huge.

Becool
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Oh I love rush hour! This might be interestin! :D

darrinbaker00
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Besides, I thought Serena didn't want to play a tennis player. Isn't that why she turned down "Wimbledon"?
Serena: "For the last time, Brett, I don't want to play a tennis player. I turned down the role in 'Wimbledon,' and I'm turning you down."

Brett: "We'll pay you twice what they offered you for 'Wimbledon.'"

Serena: "OK."

Of course, I could be wrong..... ;)

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I know I said I would not post in GM till next season...but let me just say this one bit then I'm out...DONT FALL FOR IT SERENA!!!!!! He is lying to baby gurl to get into her pants...Aint no damn Rush Hour 3...:mad: :bolt:

Denise4925
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Has anybody viewed the interview with Brett Ratner on ET-TV?

He was being interview about his latest movie, starring Pierce Brosnan. When he was asked would there be another ‘Rush Hour’ movie in the making, and would Serena have a starring role.
He went on to answer that he was in discussion why Jackie Chan & Chris Tucker. They were working on the premise that the movies main theme would be about a tennis champion being abducted by the mob.
In the movie the Chris Tucker character was childhood friends with what would be I presume the ‘Serena’ character. Well that’s what it sounded like when he was describing the plot.
Although he did articulate that the tennis champion in the movie would be fictional, and not Serena Williams herself.

I thought the first two movies were great fun! :) Who knows!
:bs:

SharapovaFan16
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:50 PM
chris tucker can act, he is funny as hell obviously you don't understand what humor is haha

AimeeLizAni
Nov 19th, 2004, 01:44 AM
What an ingenious plot to ruin what could have been a perfectly good movie!

Dava
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Wasen't their en episode of Charlies Angels like this, Aaron Spelling is SO going to sue...but I would love to see Serena in a Rush hour film...it would be the perfect vechicle for her acting career, if thats the way she wants to go, and it would certainly be a lot of fun.

Maybe they should have some Russian maffia plot and have Anna as Serenas less successfull nemesis. We have to have some Asian theme in there as well, give me time Im working on it...Ill make a hollywood star out of Shinobu Asagoe yet!!!

tennischick
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:14 AM
I know I said I would not post in GM till next season...but let me just say this one bit then I'm out...DONT FALL FOR IT SERENA!!!!!! He is lying to baby gurl to get into her pants...Aint no damn Rush Hour 3...:mad: :bolt:so you think he's just hanging around Serena to get ideas for his movie? that would be despicable if it turns out to be true :mad:

Dava
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:19 AM
I know I said I would not post in GM till next season...but let me just say this one bit then I'm out...DONT FALL FOR IT SERENA!!!!!! He is lying to baby gurl to get into her pants...Aint no damn Rush Hour 3...:mad: :bolt:
There is a Rush Hour 3, it was announced back in Febuary this year and the plan is to shoot it back to back with Rush Hour 4. Renter is confirmed as the director with a scrip produced by Jeff Eastin. It wont be out until late 2005, early 2006.

Denise4925
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Wasen't their en episode of Charlies Angels like this, Aaron Spelling is SO going to sue...but I would love to see Serena in a Rush hour film...it would be the perfect vechicle for her acting career, if thats the way she wants to go, and it would certainly be a lot of fun.

Maybe they should have some Russian maffia plot and have Anna as Serenas less successfull nemesis. We have to have some Asian theme in there as well, give me time Im working on it...Ill make a hollywood star out of Shinobu Asagoe yet!!!
:lol:

Ari
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:55 AM
The first "Rush Hour" was a big hit; the second "Rush Hour" was not such a hit. I imagine the third one will be even less so.:rolleyes: This is a movie with one star who can't act and another one who can't speak english.:tape: I think people might be a little tired of the premise.

Actually, the second Rush Hour grossed more than the first Rush Hour; domestically that is. It(Rush Hour 2) made like $215 million. The first one grossed apx. $140 million.

dreamgoddess099
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Actually, the second Rush Hour grossed more than the first Rush Hour; domestically that is. It(Rush Hour 2) made like $215 million. The first one grossed apx. $140 million.
I definetely remember the second one making more money than the first. No wonder Serena said she sees herself in a movie with Chris Tucker.

Becool
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Serena was offerd a part in wimbledon :confused:
yes, but to be only kirsten dunst's opponent in a certan important match and small participation

Jeff
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I never figured Serena would play a fictional tennis player on t.v./movies, considering she wanted be a diverse actress and make movies a hobby AWAY from tennis.

Tochio
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:56 AM
Serena in Rush Hour 3!!!!! :eek:

That will be interesting.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:36 PM
i thought rush hour 2 was funnier thhan the first!and i would LOVE for serena to be in it!

harloo
Nov 21st, 2004, 08:17 PM
I wish Serena could play the Black Wonder Woman. She would totally pull it off well, and carry on Linda Carter's legacy.