PDA

View Full Version : Russians hail Sharapova

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:28 PM
An article called "Russians hail Sharapova" can be found at www.gulf-daily-news.com/story.asp?Article=96829&Sn=SPOR&IssueID=27243 (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/story.asp?Article=96829&Sn=SPOR&IssueID=27243)

Even though Maria is an Americanized Russian she is gaining respect and admiration in the Motherland for her accomplishments in tennis. :)

AlexB
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:45 PM
An article called "Russians hail Sharapova" can be found at www.gulf-daily-news.com/story.asp?Article=96829&Sn=SPOR&IssueID=27243 (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/story.asp?Article=96829&Sn=SPOR&IssueID=27243)

Even though Maria is an Americanized Russian she is gaining respect and admiration in the Motherland for her accomplishments in tennis. :)

I know that newspaper is not run by the other top rusian players because they arent so quick to sing her praises..it should be an even more interesting 2005 :devil:

valnlance
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Come on Myskina, give Sharapova a break. She beat you fair and square and Serena too, twice!!

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Myskina has a calf injury. It happens. That's part of sports.

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 06:00 PM
You make a good point Alex. Masha is treated great by the Russian media and that has to really irk Myskina and Dmentieva especially since Masha apparently rarely visits Russia and has never even played the Ladies Kremlin Cup in Moscow. :eek: In a way i can understand their frustration. But the Russian emdia treats Sharapova like she's one of their own. :) Da.

CrossingDelancey
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:07 PM

Is that the young lady who won Wimbledon, and has a Monica Seles laugh? ;)

Jakeev
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I know Dementieva is indifferent toward Maria, but I thought Myskina was actually a friend of Maria?

AlexB
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Jakeev]I know Dementieva is indifferent toward Maria, but I thought Myskina was actually a friend of Maria?[/QU

not anymore... ******************** reported thay are not speaking to each other.

alfajeffster
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Well, I certainly hope she was wearing protection. Here in America, if you go outside in the hail, you can really bruise your head...

finch
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Well, I certainly hope she was wearing protection. Here in America, if you go outside in the hail, you can really bruise your head...

Why do you feel the need to rag on Sharapova at every opportunity? Your attempt to disguise it with humour isnít paying dividends.

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Yes that's her, Crossing.

Jakeev, I thought Myskina and Sharapova were friends too. And maybe they are. But I have a feeling that Masha has encroached on Myskina's Russina #1 status since Wimbledon and that's why Myskina has possibly given Masha the cold shoulder.

finch
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:27 PM

Jakeev, I thought Myskina and Sharapova were friends too. And maybe they are. But I have a feeling that Masha has encroached on Myskina's Russina #1 status since Wimbledon and that's why Myskina has possibly given Masha the cold shoulder.

Take no notice of that wanker alfajeffster.(Where is he anyhoo, signed out again, and in with another username).

finch
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:31 PM
He tries in vain, to present himself as ĎIím everybodyís friend, thereís no one more a free spirit than Ií. Heís just a self obsessed Steffi fan, who is still disgruntled that Monica had her number. And now more so because Maria has SerenaĎs.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Why do you feel the need to rag on Sharapova at every opportunity? Your attempt to disguise it with humour isnít paying dividends.

This post gets the :retard: prize of the day. Until I find a worse one...

Crazy Canuck
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry to see that finch got banned before I could turn it all red :sad:

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Who is finch? I can't keep up with all this stuff. :(

AlexB
Nov 19th, 2004, 01:50 AM

were friends...another website is reporting they aren't speaking now

Sharapower
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:06 AM
were friends...another website is reporting they aren't speaking now
Link please :cool: ?

Personally I don't really believe this rumour, There was this pic of the YEC participants and the Porsche in which Maria and Nastya are on a very friendly pose. It's hard to believe that they would be hypocrit enough to take up such a pose if they don't speak to each other.

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Udachi Masha :kiss:

This girl deserves the respect! :)

AlexB
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:43 PM

Personally I don't really believe this rumour, There was this pic of the YEC participants and the Porsche in which Maria and Nastya are on a very friendly pose. It's hard to believe that they would be hypocrit enough to take up such a pose if they don't speak to each other.

tennisreporters.com
the LA crowd story for subscribers

xan
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:00 PM

But Myskina did come out after her loss to Maria, and say very pointedly that maria was not good enough to beat Serena.

Something like that might produce a little friction.

the cat
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:07 PM
All TR.net says is that Sharapova and Myskina aren't on speaking terms. But there is no proof of that.