Nov 18th, 2004, 06:56 AM
I didnt get to hear her being interviewed but she was in the studios of Joy FM, the Gay and Lesbian Radio station in Melbourne yesterday.
They have a Gay & Lesbian Sports program every Wednesday from 7pm
Im sure she would have had lots of interesting comments on lesbians on the tour but I missed it :sad:
Oh well good that she being more public about her own lesbian tendencies, wonder if Stubbs will be on next :P
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Spewin I missed it too :awww:
Nov 19th, 2004, 01:19 PM
lesbian tendencies :haha:
I'll keep my mouth shut ;)
I read the thread in GM, sounds like it was quite a show...pity I missed it (but then again I've never listened to Joy in my life so how was I to know it was on? Bah!)
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Yeah some guy posted what she talked about in GM, was so glad that someone heard the show and could rpeort on it, I was spewing I couldnt listen to it
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:25 AM
heres what she said:
- Tennis is 90% mental
- Hard to form friendships with fellow players :sad:
- Alicia Molik will be a top 10 player within the next couple of months :worship:
- The Russian domination of the tour will continue and will expand..
- Elena Dementieva is the best athlete in women's tennis.
- Maria Sharapova is the real deal.
- Nadia Petrova is likely to be the next russian to win a grand slam.
- The William sisters won't regain their top positions in the game as they have to many technical flaws in their game. :bowdown: :D
- Williams sisters are not gracious in defeat but they are improving :bowdown:
- When she retires which is in about 3 years wants to coach.
- Nicole Vaidisova is the future of the game
- Eleni Daniilidou very talented but has not lived up to true potential.
- Believes that Monica would have been the greatest ever player if not for the stabbing.
- Believed that Daniela Hantuchova was anorexic last year.
- 2000 Olympics in Sydney was the highlight of her career.
- Many players find Arantxa Sanchez annoying. :lol:
- Believed Mark Phillipoussis can win a grand slam if he puts the effort in.
nicole u absolute legend i agree with almost everything she said!! :worship:
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:10 AM
Good on her! :worship: I suspect that there aren't many pro tennis players who have gone on air on a gay and lesbian radio station! :( Come to think of it, there aren't many gay and lesbian radio stations! ;)
"Can I have a cup of coffee and then we'll get going?" were the first words (accidentally) spoken on air on the new station by presented John Oliver, when it first went to air on World AIDS Day, the 1st December 1993.