PDA

View Full Version : Venus in 2005

maccardel
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Do you think she has the list of prey completed or is she waiting for sydney to add more names to disiminate in 2005? I say that the list is completed and with the rankings the way they are now, it will be easier for both venus and serena to get to the semis in melbourne, cos maria is now number 4 and she will anchor one side of the draw, therefore the other in betweens can have a better opportunity to make it to the finals. Kim, Justine, and Serena and also Venus will be in line to give that ass a thrashing....it will be interesting.

Navratilove
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Who cares? She's a done deal.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:01 PM
No, actually, she's not done.

Navratilove
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Well..she's done... stop gettin your hope up... get over it...she'd done...yes

Rocketta
Nov 18th, 2004, 01:05 AM
hmmm, I don't know what 2005 holds for Venus but I'm VERY confidant that I'll like it! :bounce: :bounce:

WTAaddict
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:33 AM
I dont think Venus could ever comeback as a dominant force again. Its gonna be hard but I could still be proven wrong. I just dont put my money on her.

Jaime Bahena
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:40 PM
I dont think Venus could ever comeback as a dominant force again. Its gonna be hard but I could still be proven wrong. I just dont put my money on her.

Venus had some great years in 2000 and 2001. Unfortunately, in similar fashion, some players had great years when the competition was soft or "not ready for prime time". Quiz: Name the player who made four Grand Slam singles finals in the same year, and won three of those.
If you answered Martina Hingis, you are correct. Once the rest of the competition caught up with her, and passed her up, she ceased to become Number 1. Unfortunately, the same is true for the sistahs.