PDA

View Full Version : Fox Planning US Version Of EastEnders

AjdeNate!
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Not sure if I like this idea or not. :scratch: Nothing will compare with the UK version but woohoo for Chicago!

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox Broadcasting has ordered six scripts for an American version of the BBC soap "EastEnders."

The project will be shepherded by "American Idol" creator/executive producer Simon Fuller. The primetime soap genre is hotter than ever this season in America with the breakout success of ABC's "Desperate Housewives."

"EastEnders" has run on BBC1 since 1985.

The American version, said to chronicle the lives of blue-collar families in Chicago, hails from Fuller and "EastEnder's" head writer and story consultant Tony Jordan. Jordan, who has penned about 250 episodes of "EastEnders" in the past 15 years, is writing the scripts and is executive producing the Fox project with Fuller.

Monica_Rules
Nov 17th, 2004, 05:03 PM
:lol:

This just sounds ridiculas.

AjdeNate!
Nov 17th, 2004, 05:06 PM
It does, I concur... but maybe I can make my big break to the silver screen here. I'll start as an extra (if they film it in Chicago :scratch: ) and then by '06 I'll be the next A-list Hollywood star. :p Maybe I should ask Helen for some pointers. Ya know like which dol goes best with red wine, etc.

canadian_bass_2
Nov 17th, 2004, 05:06 PM
What's the show about? I've never heard of it before...

sarza
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:12 PM
WOW how intresting a Chicago version of Eastenders :lol: !!!!!! I wonder weather they will air it in the UK??? Eastenders is huge hear and Tony Jordan is an awesome writer!!!!! Although i dont know how well its gonna work if they do show it here, anyone remember Elderado, that flopped!!!!!!!!

Andre_Co_Uk
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Emmerdale rules! :)

Linnie
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:40 PM
As an Eastenders fan (I don't miss an episode on PBS) I'm not sure if it'll work out. Most of the charm of the show, at least for me, is that it's British. Look what happened when NBC tried to do "Coupling" American style - it totally bombed!

But I do wish you luck, Nathan, in your Hollywood debut ;) :D

AjdeNate!
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:02 PM
As an Eastenders fan (I don't miss an episode on PBS) I'm not sure if it'll work out. Most of the charm of the show, at least for me, is that it's British. Look what happened when NBC tried to do "Coupling" American style - it totally bombed!

But I do wish you luck, Nathan, in your Hollywood debut ;) :D
I'd just use my A-List status to meet all those that need to meet me. :tape:
I don't act, I can't act my way out of a paperbag. But as we've seen, it doesn't take acting to make it big in Tinselville. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not sure this is gonna work either... but hey it's set in Chicago. Can't be *that* bad.