PDA

View Full Version : Anybody post/See this article about Serena ( appeared in French Paper )

"Sluggy"
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Title: Serenea williams loves herself (sans filet) - i think sans filet means "without limits" - its an idiomatic expression so i am not sure

Full of joy after her vicotry against Amelie in semi final of los angeles, Serena threw herself flowers in the press conference. she said, "I love myself. I love all of myself.", smiling. Serena gave more detail: "I love my legs, i love my arms, i love my lips and i love my eyes." To hammer in the nail, Serena wore a t-shirt saying "I love myself".

So everyone should understand that Serenas morale is high. And inspite of the the rumours that are circulating: Serena will probably undergo a breast reduction in the next few months to help her with her agility.

The translation may be rough, but when i have time i will put the french original there for you so you can translate it yourself.

"Sluggy"
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:34 AM
BTW the article appeared in the People section of the paper, not even in the Sports Section. Shows that France Cares about Serena, It does.

MistyGrey
Nov 17th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Breast Reduction :eek:
Why Serena?

Andy T
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Which paper?

Stamp Paid
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Cant imagine Serena without the jugs. :p

alfajeffster
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:41 PM
The toilet paper in the unisex water closet at terminal D at CDG

"Sluggy"
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:02 PM
It appeared yesterday in 20 minutes, a local free paper, that a lot of people read. i will try to find it for you, the french version at least

"Sluggy"
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:06 PM
20 MINUTES
People
Serena Williams s’aime sans filet
Mardi 16 novembre 2004

Ivre de joie après sa victoire sur Amélie Mauresmo en demi-finale du Master de Los Angeles, la joueuse de tennis s’est jeté des fleurs en conférence de presse. « Je m’aime. J’aime tout de moi. » Sourire en coin, Serena Williams a détaillé son propos. « J’aime mes jambes, j’aime mes bras, j’aime mes lèvres, j’aime mes yeux. » Pour enfoncer le clou, la joueuse arborait un tee-shirt portant l’inscription « Je m’aime ».

Tout le monde aura donc compris que l’Américaine n’a pas le moral dans les chaussettes... de tennis. Et ce malgré les chuchotements des mauvaises langues : la joueuse pourrait subir dans les prochains mois une opération plastique pour réduire la taille de sa poitrine dans le but d’accroître son agilité. Cédric Couvez

Andy T
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Serena Williams s’aime sans filet
Mardi 16 novembre 2004

Ivre de joie après sa victoire sur Amélie Mauresmo en demi-finale du Master de Los Angeles, la joueuse de tennis s’est jeté des fleurs en conférence de presse. « Je m’aime. J’aime tout de moi. » Sourire en coin, Serena Williams a détaillé son propos. « J’aime mes jambes, j’aime mes bras, j’aime mes lèvres, j’aime mes yeux. » Pour enfoncer le clou, la joueuse arborait un tee-shirt portant l’inscription « Je m’aime ».

Tout le monde aura donc compris que l’Américaine n’a pas le moral dans les chaussettes... de tennis. Et ce malgré les chuchotements des mauvaises langues : la joueuse pourrait subir dans les prochains mois une opération plastique pour réduire la taille de sa poitrine dans le but d’accroître son agilité. Cédric Couvez

Here's another attempt at a translation.

"Serena Williams loves herself do or die"

"sans filet" means without a safety net, as in acrobats and there is a play on the word "filet" for tennis net/let.

Ecstatic (literally "drunk with joy") after her victory over Mauresmo in the semi final of the Tour Champioships at Los Angeles, the player showered herself with compliments (literally "threw flowers over herself") at the press conference. "I love myself. I love everything about me." With a wry smile, Serena Williams explained her comment. "I love my legs, I love my arms, I love my lips, I love my eyes". To drive the point home, the player was wearing a T shirt with the words "I Love Myself".

Everyone thus understood that the American's morale was not down in the dumps (literally in her....tennis...socks) - despite the whispers of the gossip-mongerers that the player may undergo breast reduction surgery in the coming months to increase her agility. Cédric Couvez

bandabou
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:36 PM
aah...so it is a rumour that she is gonna have breast reduction....