PDA

View Full Version : what movie?

rand
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:06 AM
hello all, just wanted to make an equivalent topic of the "what band?" topic, but for movies instead, so this is supposed to be a chat thread for movie lovers, mostly about movies...
I'll start:
last week I went seeing
Old Boy, a Korean movie that won the special prize in Cannes last year, to be honest I was kinda disoppointed:a lot of violence (np in general), but in a sick kind of way, and pointless, not beautifully filmed or anything...and the story tries to much to be sick and deviant...
on the other hand I also saw
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, which was brilliant although I n ormally don't like Charlie kaufman...
Jim Carrey is very well cast and shows again, that when he wants to, he's a very good actor....the story, even though a bit too romantic is very original, the direction is perfect...only minus points are elijah wood and kirsten dunst who show their limits as actors (I'd say in dunst case:again! )
cheers :wavey:

DutchieGirl
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Hmm, the last movie I saw was "Suddenly 30" (13 Going on 30). I really liked the movie, although it's not really a serious movie.

You don't like Kirsten Dunst?

rand
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Hmm, the last movie I saw was "Suddenly 30" (13 Going on 30). I really liked the movie, although it's not really a serious movie.

You don't like Kirsten Dunst?
it's not that I don't like her actually I do, she looks nice, I think she's pretty, she was weel cast in for example spiderman, but she's just not a great actress that's all...it doesn't really matter, except when it sows, which did in the aforementioned movie :)

Sam L
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I saw Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason. Good but not better than the first.

The last actual movie I saw (not necessarily at the cinemas) is actually the original Star Wars trilogy. I'm in love with it again.

Cuckoo
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:43 AM
I saw The Stepford Wives
Pride and Prejudice
Heavenly Creatures

DutchieGirl
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:43 AM
it's not that I don't like her actually I do, she looks nice, I think she's pretty, she was weel cast in for example spiderman, but she's just not a great actress that's all...it doesn't really matter, except when it sows, which did in the aforementioned movie :)
Hmm I haven't seen either Spiderman movie. Nor the other movie you mentioned, so I can't really comment that much about her acting skills. I thought she was good in bring It On, but then she was just a semi-ditzy cheerleader so... ;) I'd like to see how she is in Wimbledon too. I haven't had time to go to the movies lately. :sad:

rand
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Hmm I haven't seen either Spiderman movie. Nor the other movie you mentioned, so I can't really comment that much about her acting skills. I thought she was good in bring It On, but then she was just a semi-ditzy cheerleader so... ;) I'd like to see how she is in Wimbledon too. I haven't had time to go to the movies lately. :sad:
haven't seen bring it on to be honst :o

DutchieGirl
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:45 AM
I saw Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason. Good but not better than the first.

The last actual movie I saw (not necessarily at the cinemas) is actually the original Star Wars trilogy. I'm in love with it again.
eww I don't like the Bridget Jones movies. Well I hated the first one, so I won't bother with the second!

Hmm the last movie I saw not at the cinema was Daredevil then! ;) I have a crazy amount of dvd's considering that I've only had my dvd player for a year. It's riduculous the amount of money I have spent. And actually, looking at my dvd collection says alot about me I think! lmao Just don't ask me to tell you what dvd's I have now! :p

rand
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:46 AM
eww I don't like the Bridget Jones movies. Well I hated the first one, so I won't bother with the second!

Hmm the last movie I saw not at the cinema was Daredevil then! ;) I have a crazy amount of dvd's considering that I've only had my dvd player for a year. It's riduculous the amount of money I have spent. And actually, looking at my dvd collection says alot about me I think! lmao Just don't ask me to tell you what dvd's I have now! :p
actually I do ask :D

DutchieGirl
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:47 AM
lmao, honestly wouldn't have expected you too, seeing as it's about a high school cheerleading squad! lmao I only saw it coz it had one of my Buffy faves (Eliza Dushku) in it! :D

DutchieGirl
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:49 AM
actually I do ask :D
lmao sure you really wanna know? :p

rand
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:23 AM
lmao sure you really wanna know? :p
of course, why not? :)

King Aaron
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:40 PM
The Terminal
The Grudge
Twisted

King Aaron
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Oh wait, are we supposed to discuss the movies? :o

Andre_Co_Uk
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:32 PM

I think she’s quite good in teen/comedy dramas. Although she is finding it difficult with the transition over to mainstream drama.
Drop dead gorgeous, and Dick are prime examples of this. As for Spiderman, she was only playing the love-interest. There wasn't much acting needed there, really, was there?

Beat
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:53 PM
bring it on was great! it totally took the piss, without the whole teenie audience noticing... :lol:

my last movies:
confidences trop intimes (from france): looks like a drama, but is subtly funny.
miffo (from sweden): apparantly a big hit in scandinavia. the story's not very original, but it's told in a very charming and witty way.

DutchieGirl
Nov 18th, 2004, 12:51 AM
of course, why not? :)
OK, are you ready? (It's quite a long list...) :p

TV Show Box sets:
Buffy Seasons 1-7
Angel Seasons 1-4
Alias Seasons 1 & 2 (and should be getting 3 for Christmas). :bounce:
Punk'd Season 1

Movies:
Bring It On
The New Guy
American Pie 1, 2 and The Wedding
Wrong Turn
Bend It Like Beckham
Miss Congeniality
Soul Survivors
True Lies
A Knight's Tale
Honey
Tomb Raider 1 & 2
Daredevil
City By the Sea
Harry Potter 1 & 2 (and possibly 3 soon) ;)
The Craft
GI Jane
Charlie's Angels 1 & 2
10 Things I Hate About You
Kindergarten Cop
Sorority Boys
Chicago
Coyote Ugly
The Corrs: Live at Lansdowne Road
The Best of The Corrs
Delta: Delta Goodrem
Cruel Intentions
Centre Stage
Legally Blonde
100 Girls
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

I think that's all of them. Noticing any themes there? Or any seemlingly fave actors/actresses from those titles? :p

DutchieGirl
Nov 18th, 2004, 12:53 AM
bring it on was great! it totally took the piss, without the whole teenie audience noticing... :lol:

yeah, I really like Bring It On, but it is very "teenie" based. But I used to take dance classes, so for me, the dancing in it is good to see! :D Plus it was funny. ;)

canadian_bass_2
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:45 AM

It was actually Jennifer Garner who was in '13 Going On 30', not Kirsten Dunst.

But anywho, back to the original subject...

I just got back after watching Disney's The Incredibles. I found it to be an absolutely hilarious movie, that I highly recommend to others. Though the plot moves along like every other Disney plot, it still works well at deconstructing the idea of what it means to be a superhero. The whole thing was brilliantly cast, and I loved Edna. Fricken hilarious.

rand
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:10 AM

my last movies:
confidences trop intimes (from france): looks like a drama, but is subtly funny.
miffo (from sweden): apparantly a big hit in scandinavia. the story's not very original, but it's told in a very charming and witty way.
I'll have to watch confidences then...saw it many times in the rental thingie, thanks for the tip :)

rand
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:12 AM
@ inkyfan, I sort of do :lol: but there are many ones I didn't see on that lost, I loved legally blonde though :lol:

rand
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:14 AM
I think she’s quite good in teen/comedy dramas. Although she is finding it difficult with the transition over to mainstream drama.
Drop dead gorgeous, and Dick are prime examples of this. As for Spiderman, she was only playing the love-interest. There wasn't much acting needed there, really, was there?
I think that was the point ;)
but if you say she can act I believe you you know, I just didn't see her do that yet that's all... :)