PDA

View Full Version : Russia's President Vladimir Putin congratulates Masha's victory

Shoulderpova
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:30 AM
President of Russian Tennis Association Tapilshev also said that Masha's victory is a big pride of russian tennis :worship: :wavey:

Dan23
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Yes Maria was the 1st Russian to win the WTA Tour Championships..:)

Edward.
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:46 AM
That's nice of him.

xan
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:58 PM
That's nice of him.
Specially as he predicted she would lose :mad:

and didn't pick her for the Fed Cup team - yet again. :fiery:

Andy Mac
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:32 PM
he said she was gunna lose?

nouf
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:50 PM
yes! Putin calls Tarpischev plze to put masha in russian team in fed cup!

he can before 23 november to change list members!

DrChemicalX
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:10 PM
That is great, russia is a great country and despite its current condition russians are hell smart and good people! Putin is a good guy it was very nice of him to congratulate maria! I believe he also called her after her wimbledon win to.

Dan23
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Bugger them if they didnt pick her before then tough...Masha can rest instead :p :D

Lemonskin.
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah Masha needs rest, not the Fed Cup :D

ekaterina
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:17 AM
There was an article that said Masha isn't playing Fed Cup this year because her father made an arrangement with coach Tarpishchev that she would not play Fed Cup until next season.

It would've been nice to see her compete, especially since they have good chance to make the final :(

Shoulderpova
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:30 AM
yeah.Don't worry men.I also heard that Masha will play in Fedcup as a member of russian team next year ;)

Sharapower
Nov 18th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Yes, Maria's young body needs rest now rather than Fedcup. And if she was to play, I think she would lose her matches, which isn't good neither for Russia nor for Maria.

I'm wondering if one of the players selectionned withdraws for health problems, would they try to call Maria ?

greenfunkTHREE.
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:55 AM
i suppose so quasimodo. or maybe they might get elenaD. they prolly want the more experience and better ones.? anyway. there's no sign of kirilenko aye?

nouf
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:03 AM
lol i want masha in fed cup because i can record matches on my computer!

its france-russia! :-)

else i prefer maria rest for australian open! go masha an other!

Shoulderpova
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Russian will win the Fedcup this year.I'm sure ;)

Lemonskin.
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:06 AM
i suppose so quasimodo. or maybe they might get elenaD. they prolly want the more experience and better ones.? anyway. there's no sign of kirilenko aye?
Kirilenko is nowhere near the standard of the top Russians... yet :D

DrChemicalX
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:29 AM
else i prefer maria rest for australian open! go masha an other!

Yes! I have tickets to the AUS Open now! Hope to see maria there, i pray infact! Will be good if she rests for that :) So she can win another grand slam!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Yes! I have tickets to the AUS Open now! Hope to see maria there, i pray infact! Will be good if she rests for that :) So she can win another grand slam!

:worship: