PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise 'The War of the Worlds' filmed near me....

Bacardi
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Tom Cruise new movie from Paramount Pics is being filmed in my area. It's called 'The War of the Worlds'. Anyone know about this film and who else is starring in it? If Angelina Jolie is in it, so help me God I'll probably end up locked up in jail by next summer.

Just thought I'd share, that's pretty interesting :bounce:

Bacardi
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:26 PM
From my local News Channel WDBJ7:)

Tom Cruise has been spotted yet again in Rockbridge County.. this time in just the past week and half.

(------------)

Some of the scenes from the actors latest movie 'The War of the Worlds" will be shot in the county- possibly on this farm on Decatur Road.

It's a remake of the film about a Martian invasion of earth.

Cruise apparently spent the night at a private inn recently-

People from paramount studios have also inquired about lodging in the area.

MY DAUGHTER HAS SOME PROPERTY SHE WANTED TO RENT OUT WE HAVE GOTTEN SOME CALLS FROM THE MOVIE CREWS WANTING TO RENT THE HOUSE.

Cruise and Director Steven Spielberg were in town about six weeks ago as well- spotted at the Lexington Dairy Queen where Cruise ordered a chocolate cone.

C. J. WALLACE/DAIRY QUEEN EMPLOYEE; HE GAVE ME A GIRL AND MY GENERAL MANAGER AUTOGRAPHS.

SHERYL WAGNER/ROCKBRIDGE TOURISM MARKETING DIR.; THEY'RE BIG NAME HOLLYWOOD STARS AND THEY'VE BEEN IN ROCKBRIDGE COUNTY IT'S NEAT AND KIND OF COOL.

Paramount people have also inquired about warehouse space for props and catering services for the crew.

The scenes will be shot sometime next month.. Filming is expected to take about a week. The movie is also being shot in New Jersey and Upstate New York. It's due out next June.

Barrie_Dude
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:26 PM
You haver a thing for short pretty boys?

Bacardi
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:30 PM
He's OK, he is a pretty boy... but I'd prefer Angie. :rolleyes:

I guess next month, since I'll be in that area Christmas shopping I could go stalk some film crews. Maybe they give me a part in the movie, it leads to fame, and getting me out of this hell hole.... and ultimately leads me into getting cast along side Angelina in a future flick. :hehehe:

Yes, yes, yessssssssssssssssssssss, now my evil plot to take over the world is coming to me. :devil:

Barrie_Dude
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:33 PM
He's OK, he is a pretty boy... but I'd prefer Angie. :rolleyes:

I guess next month, since I'll be in that area Christmas shopping I could go stalk some film crews. Maybe they give me a part in the movie, it leads to fame, and getting me out of this hell hole.... and ultimately leads me into getting cast along side Angelina in a future flick. :hehehe:

Yes, yes, yessssssssssssssssssssss, now my evil plot to take over the world is coming to me. :devil:Please don't forget to put on your clothes b4 you go!

Bacardi
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Please don't forget to put on your clothes b4 you go!

Before I go get a part in the Cruise flick? Or before I turn up on set with Angie? :scratch:

Philbo
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Cool!! cant wait for the remake to come out!

Bacardi
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:37 PM
I was shocked to hear they'd film anything around here. But it's good news... Maybe this just leads to more stuff being shot here. I know for a fact it would have to be cheaper to film here than anywhere else.

jelena4me
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Yeah, they wouldnt like want any accuracy and film it in the UK where War of the Worlds is actually set, bet they dont mention that in the film.

Lemonskin.
Nov 20th, 2004, 05:29 AM
OMG War of the Worlds is gonna be a movie?

I LOVED THAT BOOK!!!

And I have a musical version on CD!!!

Awesome!

Mattographer
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Miranda Otto (Lord of the Rings as Eowyn) will part of this movie as the wife of Tom Cruise's character! :hearts:

j_dementieva27
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:32 PM
tom cruise's "war of the worlds is filmed" IN MY TOWN! beat that

i havent seen him yet, but hes been all over the place filming, mostly downtown and i live uptown... hes been eating at restaurants in town and half of the restaurant would be close down for him and his posse... lots of people i know saw him or talked to him already... i think its funny that they this is going to be the biggest budegeted movie of all time and they have been filming in bayonne, new jersey for it for the last month!

Bacardi
Nov 20th, 2004, 04:05 PM
After they wrap up in Jersey he's coming to Roanoke, VA. Supposed to start in December. I think they've scouted there, and that's where all these people have seen him. I sure wish they'd film something else with another major star around here. :o

Mattographer
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:25 AM
There you go: http://www2.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=7309