PDA

View Full Version : Dentists!!

Double Fault
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:02 PM
What is it about these places? You go in there with no pains whatsoever and come out in agony.

They keep you waiting an HOUR in a stuffy waiting room. Then charge you 50 and tell you they can't do what needs to be done and refer you to the hospital.

Who doesn't like the dreaded dentist? Having about five utensils stuck in your mouth whilst they use some drill to CLEAN your teeth. More like take your head off. "This shouldn't hurt......much" You get in this chair Mister Dentist and see if it hurts. :(

I will not be going to no hospital. I'll be getting a second opinion before that ever happens.

Who hates the dentist?

Nikki
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:10 PM
I don't actually mind the dentist. Probably because I have never had to have anything done other then a checkup.

They day I have to have something done, I won't like them.

Kisha
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:11 PM
totally! lol!

they are really evil people sometimes. mine is like Kish, you have beautiful teeth one minute, them the next he is like i need my drill to sort them out! argh! the stress and then they make you have this horrible mouth wash!

some enjoy tourchering you!

Double Fault
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:20 PM
You're right Kisha.

They lull you into a false sense of security. "Oh your teeth are in very good condition" BUT "something is going on here....we'll need an x-ray to explore more closely"

As for the cleaning! Legislation should be written to ban it. It's a terrible procedure.

As for the nurse who sits (practically on top of you) actually this I don't mind ;) Why does she have to squirt that air in your mouth?

That mouthwash is NASTY NASTY stuff. Tastes like petrol.

Scotso
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:00 AM
I'm actually avoided the dentist for 2 years :o

I should probably go but I hate them anyway and after watching "The Dentist" I'm terrified.

The pain doesn't bother me, it's the taste of that crap they put in your mouth! Especially that gritty toothpaste stuff... YUCK!

Oizo
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Usually I am not afraid to go there ;)
I just hate it when they use that cold air, you feel like your teeth will become ice in a second....:mad: I hate that air-thing :fiery:

Scotso
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:13 AM
lol... I agree Oizo ;)

Oizo
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:25 AM
:wavey:

Scotso
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:36 AM

Julie
Mar 20th, 2002, 12:43 AM
I have a lovely dentist :bounce:

We have a nice waiting room, and hes always on time, and he always numbs your mouth so well if you need anything done :)

Arent i the lucky one.

marshmellow
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:47 AM
i like my dentist actually. i even have his number. he's painless!

he keeps my teeth nice and sparkling too.....

i must be the only one who has such a dentist....

i should pay him more....

Candy946
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Hey, it's ironic because when I was about 6 years old, I went to the dentist to get a check up. It didn't hurt as much. Then I stopped going and got this really huge cavity. I was terrified of ever going there because of all their tools and stuff and I was scared of the pain and I watched too many movies on them. So for 7 years, I was in terror and kept thinking that nobody must ever find out. I just kept avoiding visits until my mom forced me to go. I screamed of course and they had to drag me out of the house just to bring me to the clinic. I got surgery while I was awake. After that, I also got braces for 3 and a 1/2 years. Now I have straight teeth and no more cavities. Going for dental check-ups are not a big deal anymore. After I got my braces out, I actually considered my major as a "Dentist", but I don't have the patience to go to school that long so I chose Nursing instead.

Jetta
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:51 AM
my dentist is evil.......he makes everything painful and he's such a perve :rolleyes:

Jordan.
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:53 AM
I see dentist every 1 month...:rolleyes:

marshmellow
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Candy946
Hey, it's ironic because when I was about 6 years old, I went to the dentist to get a check up. It didn't hurt as much. Then I stopped going and got this really huge cavity. I was terrified of ever going there because of all their tools and stuff and I was scared of the pain and I watched too many movies on them. So for 7 years, I was in terror and kept thinking that nobody must ever find out. I just kept avoiding visits until my mom forced me to go. I screamed of course and they had to drag me out of the house just to bring me to the clinic. I got surgery while I was awake. After that, I also got braces for 3 and a 1/2 years. Now I have straight teeth and no more cavities. Going for dental check-ups are not a big deal anymore. After I got my braces out, I actually considered my major as a "Dentist", but I don't have the patience to go to school that long so I chose Nursing instead.

aw, candy....