PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon the movie?

-Ph51-
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Could someone tell me if it's worth to watch :confused:
Thx :)

turt
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Well, it's one of these romantic comedies you can watch with your girlfriend, it's not bad but it's not the best either... ;)

There is some tennis action (with a computer tennis ball), it's not too realistic (some points are just too :eek: even Roger Federer couldn't reach such balls), and also the preparation for the matches isn't exactly a professional one, but all that taken aside, it's not so bad... Kirsten Dunst is :hearts: and the Paul Bettany guy is quite funny! At least an English movie without Hugh Grant ;)

englishjenfan
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I would say it is worth seeing, it shows Wimbledon quite a bit and Brighton (near where i live!) As said it is not the best but the actors and actresses are good!

*abby*
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:18 PM
haha i loved it!!!i spent the whole film goin ive been there ive been there!!!!
i thought it was great perhaps a tad unbelievable but who cares!

Ting
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I haven't seen it. Wanted to but most of my friends said it wasn't worth to watch...dunno if they're still showing it.

thalle
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:05 PM
if you know just a bit about tennis, then dont! too obvious with all the mistakes:o
if you know nothing about tennis, then its a great movie!

mandy7
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Well, it's one of these romantic comedies you can watch with your girlfriend, it's not bad but it's not the best either... ;)

There is some tennis action (with a computer tennis ball), it's not too realistic (some points are just too :eek: even Roger Federer couldn't reach such balls), and also the preparation for the matches isn't exactly a professional one, but all that taken aside, it's not so bad... Kirsten Dunst is :hearts: and the Paul Bettany guy is quite funny! At least an English movie without Hugh Grant ;)
you mean all the pre-game-sex?
hey, whatever works for them :p

Hanne
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:24 PM
great movy, there are naturelly better ones, but though, you should go see it :)

Lizzie Bradbury
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:43 PM

Yes hon, go watch the movie :kiss: it shows what a great tennis pro I am :D

-Ph51-
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Yes hon, go watch the movie :kiss: it shows what a great tennis pro I am :D
Thx sweets :D

Come-on-kim
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I just saw it!!

I loved it lol But then again, I love romantic comedies :p But romantic comedies + tennis is wonderful for me :p And plenty of cute guys and girls!! I even recognized Alicia Molik playing a backhand when they showed an alround view of Wimbledon!

Worth to see :yeah: I don't know anyone who didn't like it!

Emola
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:32 PM
I dont know....I thought it was pretty average. Very predictable and.....nice. Thats all I can say about it really lol.

Abandon
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:48 PM

Watch a movie titled 'Dick'. Kirsten Dunst stars in this, and it's way superior.:)

nitocris_tiger
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Make no mistake, it's a girlie movie first which just happens to have a tennis theme. Don't expect it to be realistic about tennis, just like all girlie movies aren't realistic.
i spent the whole film goin ive been there ive been there!!!!
I so did too! Went to Wimbledon 2003, one of the highlights of my life :dance:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:16 AM
if you know just a bit about tennis, then dont! too obvious with all the mistakes:o
if you know nothing about tennis, then its a great movie!

I disagree. I know plenty about tennis and I enjoyed it. The problem is going in with that attitude. Don't expect it to be "realistic' in terms of tennis. Appreciate it for what it is - a MOVIE. And not exactly the best movie of all time at that. Go in with my attitude and you'll like it, so long as you don't mind romantic comedies ;)

In fact, if you don't know shit about tennis, you wouldn't get half the tennis references and jokes that they pop.

Pamela Shriver
Nov 17th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Perhaps if you can overcome the scandalous decision not to cast George and I in the lead roles...

thalle
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:50 AM
I disagree. I know plenty about tennis and I enjoyed it. The problem is going in with that attitude. Don't expect it to be "realistic' in terms of tennis. Appreciate it for what it is - a MOVIE. And not exactly the best movie of all time at that. Go in with my attitude and you'll like it, so long as you don't mind romantic comedies ;)

In fact, if you don't know shit about tennis, you wouldn't get half the tennis references and jokes that they pop. i was actually going in with a great attitude, but unfortunately I lauged more at all the mistakes that the movie itself.
I think it is a cute movie, and Dunst is very cute, but I can't stand that they did not ask some tennisexpert to at least find the biggest mistakes.

-Ph51-
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the advice :)

ans
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:00 PM
It's been a long time I've seen such a horrible movie.

And I usually love romantic comedies.

mandy7
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:03 PM
oh come on, it wasn't bad at all!

Lore
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I saw it a week ago and I liked the movie. Just the perfect one to cheer you up and it doesn't go to soft :p If you should go and see a film this week, take this one! :yeah:

Tennis Fool
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:39 PM
The movie sucked, except for the characters. I did like how the American opponent = Roddick, and the main Brit dude was shaped after Goran. K. Dunst's character reminded me of an American Hingis. I liked how the Brit didn't have a coach, but a best friend, "hitting partner" like Marat had. Too bad the movie wasn't stronger.

ans
Nov 18th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry, can't help it but I thought it was really boring, not funny and too predictable. I know this kind of movies are supposed to be predictable but this was too much.

The only thing I liked was the tennis, but my friends who're not so much into this sport were less enthusiastic.

I liked Notting Hill, My best friend's wedding, Love Actually and above all Bridget Jones a hundred times better.

ßcoene
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:57 PM
I haven't seen it but I expect it to be a decent movie. I'm defenatly going to watch it.

wateva
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:54 PM
nice movie!!! peter colt and lizzie bradbury make the cutest tennis couple ever!!!

Becool
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I hate Kirsten, and I hated the movie.. too boring and cutie for me

Oizo
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I'll wait till it comes out on DVD.

Emola
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Speaking of Bridget Jones....I was quite disappointed with the 2nd one! Didn't like it as much as the first one although I think it was just me because my friends loved it.

Tochio
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:05 PM
My friend tell me that it very funny.
But i didn't watch it yet.