PDA

View Full Version : Maria is the epitome of Class and Grace!

Jan2005
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Miss Sharapova never ceases to amaze me in the manner in which she conducts herself on and off the court.

I feel blessed just to be able to see her play. She IS the future of women's tennis, and it is in good hands.

Her gift(the proceeds of the Porsche) to the russian families that were attacked by terrorists shows her kind nature and caring heart.

I feel sorry for those that feel the need to attack such a talented and kind person.

Becool
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM
:awww:

Jan2005
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Serena resorted to some Justine Henin tactics last night, shameless.

mr_zebra
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Before you martyr her, don't forget to mention that she HAD to give the Porche to a charity. That's the rules.
Grace and class do not come from cheering an injured opponents 70 mph double fault.
They just don't. She had class in Wimby, not last night.

Jan2005
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:59 PM
INJURED????

C'mon now! Serena couldn't face a loss straight up, so she had to resort to these games of being injured.

A blind man could see that.

Serena's ego and pride won't allow her to lose gracefully, always resorting to SOME EXCUSE for the loss.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

lolo7
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Maria is the epitome of arrogance and over blown hype.

Jan2005
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:14 PM
It's not hype when you can back it up.

As far as arrogance...well, we ALL know who takes the cake there!

A quick look at a S. Williams press conference or a glance at her clown-like outfits on the court tells the world who the most arrogant player is.
Oh, and the I-LOVE-ME shirt was very non-arrogant too! LOL
She's a nasty freak that's embarassing to watch.

At least Venus doesn't make a fool out of herself like Serena seems determined to do.

lolo7
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:17 PM
What is up with you people? You think this girl is the second coming of christ or something.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Maria Classlessova? yeah, she's terrific lol.

I hope Serena wears more "I love ME" shirts, in fact, I hope Nike endoreses them and sells millions of them :)

valnlance
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Serena used to be humble, but somewhere lost all of that good nature !Maybe she got caught up in all that celebrity hype. Last night was a pure sham on her part. How can someone struggle to serve and in the next volley of the same point be runninng around as if the pain disappeared. That is hypocrisy at a high level.
Sharapova on the other hand was great. Deal with it Serena fans! Sharapova was the better player last night.

Jan2005
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:33 PM
It's odd how Venus never succumbed to that hype like Serena has.

jrm
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Class and grace at 17? Believe me, when this girls are out there THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYBODY!!!

lorelai
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Thank you JRM, they are all athletes, and want to pound the snot out of each other. The only one who probably genuinely cares how they beat their opponent (without embarrasing them) is Clijsters and on occasion Davenport, when she is playing a friend. And that might be why Clijsters has not won a GS event--she doesn't have the desire to pound the heck out of her opponent. But hey, we certainly like it when guys act this way (ala Conners), why are we so interested in class over fire for the women? The guys routinely pull out the cans of whoopass and it's just expected, often even admired. Cut the women some slack (girls in many cases) and just enjoy the show. Heck, Clijsters will always be my #1 simply because her attitude and physical prowess combined make her an uber-athlete, but if everyone were like her I would have no point of reference to make her #1, and the world of women's tennis would become as boring as the world of the LPGA--the best league in the world! Don't ask! ;)

pcrtennis
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Miss Sharapova never ceases to amaze me in the manner in which she conducts herself on and off the court.

I feel blessed just to be able to see her play. She IS the future of women's tennis, and it is in good hands.

Her gift(the proceeds of the Porsche) to the russian families that were attacked by terrorists shows her kind nature and caring heart.

I feel sorry for those that feel the need to attack such a talented and kind person.

You're a moron...

Jaime Bahena
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Before you martyr her, don't forget to mention that she HAD to give the Porche to a charity. That's the rules.
Grace and class do not come from cheering an injured opponents 70 mph double fault.
They just don't. She had class in Wimby, not last night.

That's OK, because everybody knows that your environment dictates your behavior. When in London, do as the classy British people do. When in America, do as the classless Americans. Sorry to say that, but I'm an American, too, and it makes me sick to acknowledge how little class we possess.

Mase
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Im going out on a limb here...

Jordan maybe?