PDA

View Full Version : Serena WAS injured

igost
Nov 16th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Anyone, who said she wasn't, either didn't see the match or was biased against Serena.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Get well 100% the soonest, Serena!!

Paneru
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Anyone, who said she wasn't, either didn't see the match or was biased against Serena.

It's just a couple of haters with nothing better to
do than constantly talk of someone they claim to hate
so much!

Not to mention that a certain someone(I think we all have a good idea)
is behind these "new" posters and their immediate bashing of Serena.

Anyone with eyes could
see she was hurt.

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I mean....funny how everybody believe Maria´s shoulder injury in Zurich and then just don´t wanna admit that Serena WAS visibly injured in this match?! I mean FIRST serves of 80 mph´s?! From Serena?

TonyP
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:15 PM
I think she was injured, but it only seemed to affect her serve. She seemed to move well and be able to execute other shots. Maria fans, and Maria herself, might have been skeptical, because of when the five minute injury break was called, and the fact that she seemed to do everything except serve just fine.

They may also be skeptical because of Serena's long history of claiming injuries.

LIke it or not, she is one of the most often injured players on tour and has failed to finish matches before, pulling in third sets when behind. This time, she toughed it out,but you can't blame Maria for being a little skeptical.

And it is time for Serena to show a little more maturity and start giving a little credit to her opponents. She simply got out played at Wimbledon and to pretend it was all about her not showing up is simply nonsense. Sharapova is obviously a tough match up for her, end of story.

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:19 PM
It was too obvious.....Serena is known for her serve....her serves were the speed of Dementieva's or slower...and you KNOW thats not a characteristic of her.....NO but did ya'll see how those injuries that brought the STREET BALL style out that she played back when she was winning grand slams!!!

Lady
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:21 PM
I'm just so upset for Serena! :sad: Poor girl, she was finally more or less healthy, started to find her groove again, and now... :sad:
I just hope she'll be Ok for the start of the season!

Jaime Bahena
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I'm just so upset for Serena! :sad: Poor girl, she was finally more or less healthy, started to find her groove again, and now... :sad:
I just hope she'll be Ok for the start of the season!

Let's hope it's not an abdominal injury like the one Venus suffered, that lasted for about eight months. Get well, Serena.

SJW
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:05 PM
LIke it or not, she is one of the most often injured players on tour and has failed to finish matches before, pulling in third sets when behind.

put a number on it, because i'm sure you don't know what you're talking about.

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:16 PM
I think she was injured, but it only seemed to affect her serve. She seemed to move well and be able to execute other shots. Maria fans, and Maria herself, might have been skeptical, because of when the five minute injury break was called, and the fact that she seemed to do everything except serve just fine.

They may also be skeptical because of Serena's long history of claiming injuries.

LIke it or not, she is one of the most often injured players on tour and has failed to finish matches before, pulling in third sets when behind. This time, she toughed it out,but you can't blame Maria for being a little skeptical.

And it is time for Serena to show a little more maturity and start giving a little credit to her opponents. She simply got out played at Wimbledon and to pretend it was all about her not showing up is simply nonsense. Sharapova is obviously a tough match up for her, end of story.

sure, sure....who´s your fav again? If I´m not mistaken it was Lindsay, no? Hmmm.....was she really injured at the u.s.open? She too seems to have a looooonnnnggg history of injuries, no? Maybe Sveta was just a tough match-up?

Besides I don´t see what wimbledon has to do with this match?

KindaNice
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Who is denying she was injured?! It was CLEAR she was!

G1Player2
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:27 PM

Sharapova a tough match up for Serena?! Likewise, Serena is a tough matchup for Maria...end of story...If Serena hadn't have been injured that match would have been over in 2 sets...

By the way, Serena almost beat Maria WHILE being injured...Just imagine the scoreline if she wasn't

irma
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:28 PM
well I guess since I don't think serena is in wellfare and thinks lets just take out on of my biggest weapons so that my opponent can win the match. :o

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Exactly irma...we all know Serena´s game is built around her big serve....yet somehow people wanna make us believe that Serena would delibaretely start missing every 1st serve and df´lting 3 times in a game.....

Elldee
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Serena was injured. Serena is a great competitor and at 4-4 having lost 4 games she would not serve 3 double faults unless she was in great pain. She should have retired at 4-4 though.

Jan2005
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:00 PM
She was injured...her EGO was shattered!

Pinkie
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Isn't the whole point about faking an injury that you look hurt in between points but still still play like you are not? :scratch: How do the powder puffs Serena was serving yesterday fit in? Was she trying to channel her inner Elena D? Serena is not my favorite and I will be the first to whine about her gracelessness in interviews, but kudos to her for actually finishing that match. I mean, she must have thought about Venus aggravating her injury and still played on despite not being able to serve.

Jan2005
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:06 PM
She was just playing it out, it was VERY clear from her initial return to the court that she was healthy as a horse.

When she knew she was a goner, she played the "injured card" til the end.

GoDominique
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I mean....funny how everybody believe Maria´s shoulder injury in Zurich and then just don´t wanna admit that Serena WAS visibly injured in this match?! I mean FIRST serves of 80 mph´s?! From Serena?
Once again bandabou claims things that aren't true at all. :D

silverwhite
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:10 PM
She was just playing it out, it was VERY clear from her initial return to the court that she was healthy as a horse.

Why would anyone throw away a 4-0 lead by serving badly?

DevilishAttitude
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:10 PM
How bad was her stomach :confused:

Was it something which was only affecting her serve
Was it something that probably could only hurt for like a few days
Was it something like that kept Venus out for months :sad:

rabbit_boi_313
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Serena :sad:
well better luck next time

daze11
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:17 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Serena was injured. Serena is a great competitor and at 4-4 having lost 4 games she would not serve 3 double faults unless she was in great pain. She should have retired at 4-4 though.
Anyone who is saying Serena was not injured is not to be taken seriously. If you don't like her and want her to lose, fine, but her injury was obvious and dramatic. But I think she did the right thing, Grand Slam; if she retired it would have had to be at the end of the 2nd set--to go up 4-0 with the injury, and to have Sharapova close to 4-all, would have been poor sportsmanship to not allow her to win. No one, including Maria, is doubting the effect of Serena's condition on the outcome, though both were playing amazing tennis and it was a toss-up if she stayed healthy: at first Maria was distracted by serena's injury more than serena was...but her serve was like Coria at the french when he was hurt; it was a wounded duck not willing to let a big dream go easily, even if the writing was on the wall.

Kudos to serena for being willing to go the distance even if it would not be in her favor. that's a champion. (champions dont always win, but winners are not always champions...a win is fleeting, a champion is lasting.)

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:19 PM

How pathetic can a poster get?

daze11
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Actually, the really exciting thing for women's tennis is that Sharapova also showed again that she is a champion in her mentality as well. She was very unsettled by going down 0-4 knowing Serena was herself in desperation. But she composed herself and closed, which is what most of the top players have not shown consistency in doing. It's also clearly what Serena respects about her. That puts Maria up there with Justine and Serena for sheer tenacity, and --the great big IF of the modern age-- if we have these ladies healthy this year, there will be some sharp-shooting contests this year!

dreamgoddess099
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:45 PM
LIke it or not, she is one of the most often injured players on tour and has failed to finish matches before, pulling in third sets when behind. This time, she toughed it out,but you can't blame Maria for being a little skeptical.Maria and her fans can be as skeptical as they want. Their appoval and acceptance has absolutely no value and is therefore meaningless. Anyway, obviously Serena was injured, if she was faking then I'm sure being up 4-love would be the time to stop faking and put in some huge serves to win the match. :rolleyes:

She simply got out played at Wimbledon and to pretend it was all about her not showing up is simply nonsense. Sharapova is obviously a tough match up for her, end of story.So says the opinion of a person sitting at a computer. Surely your opinion is truth. :rolleyes: Who cares what you believe, it's about what Serena believes. If she believes she is more than capable of putting up a better fight in the finals of Wimbledon (especially since she's won it twice), then who are you or anybody to say otherwise? Her opinion is a lot more educated than yours and her maturity level a lot higher.

mrush2004
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Sharapova a tough match up for Serena?! Likewise, Serena is a tough matchup for Maria...end of story...If Serena hadn't have been injured that match would have been over in 2 sets...

By the way, Serena almost beat Maria WHILE being injured...Just imagine the scoreline if she wasn't

you cannot say what the scoreline would be if serena was not injured. Serena would not have called an injury timeout thereforee maria would have momentum in the 3rd and not have to wait 5-10minutes doing nothing.

but it was obvious serena was injured, watching her serve was awful.

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Actually, the really exciting thing for women's tennis is that Sharapova also showed again that she is a champion in her mentality as well. She was very unsettled by going down 0-4 knowing Serena was herself in desperation. But she composed herself and closed, which is what most of the top players have not shown consistency in doing. It's also clearly what Serena respects about her. That puts Maria up there with Justine and Serena for sheer tenacity, and --the great big IF of the modern age-- if we have these ladies healthy this year, there will be some sharp-shooting contests this year!

Uhum...these three at the top of their games.....would be a treat.

ace4lleykim
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:31 PM
It would've been a good match if Serena didn't have injury. She would've won.

dreamgoddess099
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:46 PM
She was injured...her EGO was shattered!
Far from it, the fact that Serena got a 4-love lead putting in 60mph first serves says tons. :lol:

griffin
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:48 PM
sure, sure....who´s your fav again? If I´m not mistaken it was Lindsay, no? Hmmm.....

You are mistaken - his favorite was (and I believe still is) Martina Hingis.

Which of course is totally irrelevant. I don't care what someone's alleged "history" is (the fact that you're suspicious over and over again only proves that you're suspicious - not right). I don't know how anyone in their right mind could look at Serena's serves, look at the SPEED of her serves - and claim she was faking her injury. She was chucking in 60-70 mph puffballs, for dog's sake!

Maria still deserves the win, imo - it's not easy playing someone with an injury (ask Ivan Lendl). Many players with her relative lack of experience would have fallen apart. She had a great tournament.

Why the need to make a liar out of Serena to say that? (rhetorical question alert)

mboyle
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Uhum...these three at the top of their games.....would be a treat.
bou, that's what I've been saying for over a year now. The future of women's tennis is going to be the great triumverate of Henin-Hardenne, Sharapova and Williams. Yes, Serena was injured today, but Maria played well enough to win regardless. I mean, that first set was probably the best tennis I have seen. Both ladies deserved to win.

MinnyGophers
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:49 PM
she really looked torn by the pain, and i don't belive she would fake an injury and purposely play bad in order to win
same thing for Amelie.... some people started shit and insinuated that she faked her injury in Wimby... why would anyone do it on purpose to lose??? :rolleyes:
it's not like they weren't affected by it when they played.

IVI
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Poor Serena :sad: keep going girl, you will win OZ 2005!!! :bounce:

BIGGTOEE
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:17 PM
During last nite's match, I shouted at the TV...
for Serena not to drink the water that was handed to her. The water bottle, had a Red plastic screw on cap on it and Red & white label on it. A young man gave it to her, as she was sitting down during the first game sets. I jumped up and yelled at my TV...
"Serena Don't Drink It"..."Serena Don't Drink It"
"Don't Drink It"...
And sure enoungh 45 minutes later, she was having Abdominal Problems, and in terrible Pain."She was Poisoned"... I knew that she would be attacked somehow, and forced to loose the match. I just didn't know how it would happen, but i just knew it would. I thought it would be the line judge, calling "IN" balls "OUT", when they were "IN", like how Serena was openingly cheated...at the US Open in New York, this summer. There are some white people, that want Venus and Serena out of white tennis, because they are Winners, and they present a positive image of Black People on the World Stage...and the don't want that. They only want negitive images of Black people on TV, and in the media, to convince Americans and the World, that we deserve to die,as they try and play "GOD" in ...Sudan,America, Africa,Iraq,Palestians, and many other peoples..and soon the Iranians, and Koreans...They feel and think that People of Color don't fit into their World Domination Plans, because they, want their Land, Oil, and other natural resouces.The media is used as a tool, to paint negitive images of Targeted Peoples into prceived enemies. But...They have always underestimated "Our Will & Desire to Fight Back" "Forever & Ever & Always'...
Please Venus & Serena, if you are to learn anything from these attacks on you and Our Strong Black Peoples, and that is Too stay on Guard and be Aware, and PLEASE,Please,Please...
Stop Drinking From the Water Bottles, that the water people hand you on the Tennis courts. Please,Please,Please...there could be anything in these bottles, and isn't it strange that now both you Venus and Serena, have abdominal problems caused by something that you both injested...
"the Water in the Water Bottles"... The proof is in the quickness that the Poison affected Serena last nite. They will do any and everyting to rid of Venus and Serena... and all of us, People of Color,and it is even spreading over into the whites that are poor. They will Kill,Steal,Poison, and Destroy...("Sounds Like Satan 2 Me)."Look at the Stolen Elections, the War for Oil in Iraq", "They will do Anything".
One thing is for sure...Don't despire...This is Still God's World, and just watch as he puts a Stop, to this World domination Madness, and the attacks on People of Color, in racists america and around our Beautiful World..."They will Fail"...like Hitler and the Romans..
I ask those that reads this, to pass these thoughts on, and hopefully, eventually they will reach Venus and Serena, and they will begin to bring their supply of Water and Foods, that they guard with their famaily members, in locked containers. Please convince them to stop taking water from strangers on the Tennis courts...
We all know that they are under attack, by those white people that want them out of tennis, and these attacks are larger then keeping Venus and Serena from winning in Tennis. They will be trying to hold all of us back in every way, economically,
education,health wise, they want us real Badd. But Guess What...they have been trying for 500 hundred years now...to break our Spirits...But they just don't know Black People...We've Got Too Many Moves For'em..Ya Know..HaHaHa... they just don't realize, that WE get Strength from Every
Where...it's Built In our GOD-Given-Soulfulness, and in Our Songs of Life, and in the Rythemic Way we Move, that gives us Strength to Withstand the Negitive Forces that Come Our Way...
"We will Endure"-"Regardless"...
And Even though they want to Kill and Destroy Mother Earth,the Animals, and Pollute the Waters of our World. "This is their Nature, to kill, steal, and destroy". We "People of Color", came through American Slavery, as whites killed the Native American Indian through Slaughters of the Men, Woman, and Children, the South American Slavery, Japanese Interment Camps,the killings of Africans,Koreans,Vietnamese, Arabs,Chinese,the systematic destruction of the Irish by English, the taking of Mexican Lands..You know, the more I think abut it, the more I realize, that Racism,Classism, and Poverty, are tools used to control people, and their actions. To some people in America...Hate and Fear, is what Unifies, Motives, and drives them, and holds them together. "Sounds like Satan to Me". "Dear GOD...Please Give Us Your Knowledge, Wisdom,
Understanding, and Protection to Strive On...
...I know it doesn't sound good, but Always remember, that through it all, we are still very Strong Peoples, and we are continuouly multiplying and Thriving as People of Color...and Their birth rate is shrinking...and that scares them, too want to Kill the World...they will never Succeed at this...
"BECAUSE"...
This is Still GOD'S World... "Venus,Serena, & the Williams Family" ("Thank You 4 All You Do and Have Accomplished")...

Please Stay Strong, Smart,Aware,Positive, Soulful,Focused,Prayerful,and Buckle up and Hold on Tight, and put on the Full Armor of GOD, and " "Please, Please,Please,Don't Drink the Water", "Bring your own Guarded Water and Food to Tournaments"...

"From Adversity Comes Strentgh"

GOD's BLESSINGS & PROTECTION ALWAYS...To All

"A Strong Black MAN in America"

"G"

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:50 PM
You are mistaken - his favorite was (and I believe still is) Martina Hingis.

Which of course is totally irrelevant. I don't care what someone's alleged "history" is (the fact that you're suspicious over and over again only proves that you're suspicious - not right). I don't know how anyone in their right mind could look at Serena's serves, look at the SPEED of her serves - and claim she was faking her injury. She was chucking in 60-70 mph puffballs, for dog's sake!

Maria still deserves the win, imo - it's not easy playing someone with an injury (ask Ivan Lendl). Many players with her relative lack of experience would have fallen apart. She had a great tournament.

Why the need to make a liar out of Serena to say that? (rhetorical question alert)

Exactly.....I mean it is one thing to say Maria deserved the match, which is true....but it is a WHOLE other thing to say Serena FAKED her injury.

GoDominique
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Exactly.....I mean it is one thing to say Maria deserved the match, which is true....but it is a WHOLE other thing to say Serena FAKED her injury.
And who exactly has said that, except of one or two trolls?

NO ONE. Get it together bandabou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 :D

Jaime Bahena
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Well, duuuurrrrrr!!!!!!! Serena was injured coming into the match. You ever been b*tch slapped? Serena still be hurting from that Wimbledon booty slap!!

SharapovaFan16
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:59 PM
serena was about to die, she wasn't injured. i respect her a lot more as a player for the guts and determination. but you also serena fans have to give sharapova credit, she came back down 0-4. even if serena was hurt she was hitting killer forehands and backhands. she still had to hit the shots

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:00 PM
And who exactly has said that, except of one or two trolls?

NO ONE. Get it together bandabou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 :D

I´m sure they were more than just one or two though....

DevilishAttitude
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:01 PM
During last nite's match, I shouted at the TV...
for Serena not to drink the water that was handed to her. The water bottle, had a Red plastic screw on cap on it and Red & white label on it. A young man gave it to her, as she was sitting down during the first game sets. I jumped up and yelled at my TV...
"Serena Don't Drink It"..."Serena Don't Drink It"
"Don't Drink It"...
And sure enoungh 45 minutes later, she was having Abdominal Problems, and in terrible Pain."She was Poisoned"... I knew that she would be attacked somehow, and forced to loose the match. I just didn't know how it would happen, but i just knew it would. I thought it would be the line judge, calling "IN" balls "OUT", when they were "IN", like how Serena was openingly cheated...at the US Open in New York, this summer. There are some white people, that want Venus and Serena out of white tennis, because they are Winners, and they present a positive image of Black People on the World Stage...and the don't want that. They only want negitive images of Black people on TV, and in the media, to convince Americans and the World, that we deserve to die,as they try and play "GOD" in ...Sudan,America, Africa,Iraq,Palestians, and many other peoples..and soon the Iranians, and Koreans...They feel and think that People of Color don't fit into their World Domination Plans, because they, want their Land, Oil, and other natural resouces.The media is used as a tool, to paint negitive images of Targeted Peoples into prceived enemies. But...They have always underestimated "Our Will & Desire to Fight Back" "Forever & Ever & Always'...
Please Venus & Serena, if you are to learn anything from these attacks on you and Our Strong Black Peoples, and that is Too stay on Guard and be Aware, and PLEASE,Please,Please...
Stop Drinking From the Water Bottles, that the water people hand you on the Tennis courts. Please,Please,Please...there could be anything in these bottles, and isn't it strange that now both you Venus and Serena, have abdominal problems caused by something that you both injested...
"the Water in the Water Bottles"... The proof is in the quickness that the Poison affected Serena last nite. They will do any and everyting to rid of Venus and Serena... and all of us, People of Color,and it is even spreading over into the whites that are poor. They will Kill,Steal,Poison, and Destroy...("Sounds Like Satan 2 Me)."Look at the Stolen Elections, the War for Oil in Iraq", "They will do Anything".
One thing is for sure...Don't despire...This is Still God's World, and just watch as he puts a Stop, to this World domination Madness, and the attacks on People of Color, in racists america and around our Beautiful World..."They will Fail"...like Hitler and the Romans..
I ask those that reads this, to pass these thoughts on, and hopefully, eventually they will reach Venus and Serena, and they will begin to bring their supply of Water and Foods, that they guard with their famaily members, in locked containers. Please convince them to stop taking water from strangers on the Tennis courts...
We all know that they are under attack, by those white people that want them out of tennis, and these attacks are larger then keeping Venus and Serena from winning in Tennis. They will be trying to hold all of us back in every way, economically,
education,health wise, they want us real Badd. But Guess What...they have been trying for 500 hundred years now...to break our Spirits...But they just don't know Black People...We've Got Too Many Moves For'em..Ya Know..HaHaHa... they just don't realize, that WE get Strength from Every
Where...it's Built In our GOD-Given-Soulfulness, and in Our Songs of Life, and in the Rythemic Way we Move, that gives us Strength to Withstand the Negitive Forces that Come Our Way...
"We will Endure"-"Regardless"...
And Even though they want to Kill and Destroy Mother Earth,the Animals, and Pollute the Waters of our World. "This is their Nature, to kill, steal, and destroy". We "People of Color", came through American Slavery, as whites killed the Native American Indian through Slaughters of the Men, Woman, and Children, the South American Slavery, Japanese Interment Camps,the killings of Africans,Koreans,Vietnamese, Arabs,Chinese,the systematic destruction of the Irish by English, the taking of Mexican Lands..You know, the more I think abut it, the more I realize, that Racism,Classism, and Poverty, are tools used to control people, and their actions. To some people in America...Hate and Fear, is what Unifies, Motives, and drives them, and holds them together. "Sounds like Satan to Me". "Dear GOD...Please Give Us Your Knowledge, Wisdom,
Understanding, and Protection to Strive On...
...I know it doesn't sound good, but Always remember, that through it all, we are still very Strong Peoples, and we are continuouly multiplying and Thriving as People of Color...and Their birth rate is shrinking...and that scares them, too want to Kill the World...they will never Succeed at this...
"BECAUSE"...
This is Still GOD'S World... "Venus,Serena, & the Williams Family" ("Thank You 4 All You Do and Have Accomplished")...

Please Stay Strong, Smart,Aware,Positive, Soulful,Focused,Prayerful,and Buckle up and Hold on Tight, and put on the Full Armor of GOD, and " "Please, Please,Please,Don't Drink the Water", "Bring your own Guarded Water and Food to Tournaments"...

"From Adversity Comes Strentgh"

GOD's BLESSINGS & PROTECTION ALWAYS...To All

"A Strong Black MAN in America"

"G"

What a load of :bs: :cuckoo: :retard:

So everyone has something against the Williams sisters cos there black and religious :rolleyes:

I can't believe anyone would post shit like that :rolleyes:

It's also very racist on white people :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Greatest
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:07 PM
How pathetic can a poster get?

Serena herself does not seem interested in putting in the kind of commitment and effort necessary to raise her conditioning and her overall game to be able to compete against the younger players these days. it's all up to Serena. however, somehow i just don't see that fire and hunger in her eye any longer. money and fame seem to have killed her competitive/champion's edge. she seems giddy and spoiled and perfectly content just showing off her 'cutesy' fashions. just an observation. i mean, if serena can't make it through a match against a talented 17 year old who hasn't even finished growing yet, without pulling a muscle, a ligament, a tendon or what have you, then what the hell kind of a competitor is she??? . :lol:

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:08 PM
:lol: Yeah, that was a bit over the top....poisoning? I mean come on....

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Serena herself does not seem interested in putting in the kind of commitment and effort necessary to raise her conditioning and her overall game to be able to compete against the younger players these days. it's all up to Serena. however, somehow i just don't see that fire and hunger in her eye any longer. money and fame seem to have killed her competitive/champion's edge. she seems giddy and spoiled and perfectly content just showing off her 'cutesy' fashions. just an observation. i mean, if serena can't make it through a match against a talented 17 year old who hasn't even finished growing yet, without pulling a muscle, a ligament, a tendon or what have you, then what the hell kind of a competitor is she??? . :lol:

Crap, crap,crap....this injury was just a freak injury. Maybe she pulled it by going for a bit too much while serving or something...doesn´t have anything to do with Maria.

Plus it ain´t like Maria is a baby either....she is 6 ft tall, even taller than Serena, soooooo...

Greatest
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Crap, crap,crap....this injury was just a freak injury. Maybe she pulled it by going for a bit too much while serving or something...doesn´t have anything to do with Maria.

Plus it ain´t like Maria is a baby either....she is 6 ft tall, even taller than Serena, soooooo...

It was distressing to watch her struggle as i have said. however, the fact still remains that she still could not close out the deal in the 2nd set like she needed to do. again, the younger, fitter player outlasted serena once again. whether you choose to admit it or not, that's still what happened. if serena is pushed to injure herself as a result of competition, the prognosis is not too bright regarding he chances against younger, fitter, faster players from this point forward. sorry. all you can do is hope for the best and wish her well, but don't set yourself up. :lol:

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:40 PM
It was distressing to watch her struggle as i have said. however, the fact still remains that she still could not close out the deal in the 2nd set like she needed to do. again, the younger, fitter player outlasted serena once again. whether you choose to admit it or not, that's still what happened. if serena is pushed to injure herself as a result of competition, the prognosis is not too bright regarding he chances against younger, fitter, faster players from this point forward. sorry. all you can do is hope for the best and wish her well, but don't set yourself up. :lol:

Yep.....she´s become like Monica Seles was since ´95 and onwards...

fammmmedspin
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:50 PM
It was more obvious than that - some of those last serves made Elena's second serve look speedy.

bandabou
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:24 PM
It was more obvious than that - some of those last serves made Elena's second serve look speedy.

You said it.....

faste5683
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:16 PM
It was too obvious.......NO but did ya'll see how those injuries that brought the STREET BALL style out that she played back when she was winning grand slams!!!

Yeah. STREET BALL style. Why just the other day I was hitting with a pro who said
"faste5683, you needa a little more STREET BALL in your game."

:wavey:

spike83
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:39 PM
she was terrible, she couldn't even get a serve above 70 mph, it looked like Elena's serve at the end, DF, DF, ...

get well soon Serena, you're needed on the tour!
cause Mauresmo nr1? no offense, she's a good player, but not nr 1 worty, Lindsay deserves it, she played the most consistent of all on the tour with her 7 titles.