PDA

View Full Version : Is Maria So Goofy because she's only 17?

DeDe4925
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:12 AM
:eek:

bmxbandit
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:12 AM
What I'm seeing really is pathetic :lol:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:14 AM
I think that's just her personality... people used to think Hingis' erm, "issues" were age related too, but she never really grew out of them... I expect the same of Maria ;)

KindaNice
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:15 AM
I would tend to agree. She IS only 17. She was awful intense but a little grace in handling the situation (an obviously injured opponent) would have been nice to see.

SelesFan70
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:15 AM
That was definitely the speech of a 17 year old. :eek: :lol: That nasaly giggle, though... :rolleyes:

tondinh
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:16 AM
I think I just threw up my dinner. Stop your goddamn giggling, bitch!

faste5683
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:17 AM
She's the goofiest YEC champion I've ever seen...

:haha:

:wavey:

Diesel
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Hopefully being tacky and not even mentioning your opponent and their effort in a match isn't the symptom of a 17yrd old. That was horrible.

franny
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Again, I think that it's just from exhaustion. It just shows you how much a year on the tour can wear you out. SHe looked more relieved to win than excited. At wimbledon, it was pure excitement. Here, it looked like relief.

DeDe4925
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:22 AM
I think that's just her personality... people used to think Hingis' erm, "issues" were age related too, but she never really grew out of them... I expect the same of Maria ;)
:lol:

faboozadoo15
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:25 AM
I would tend to agree. She IS only 17. She was awful intense but a little grace in handling the situation (an obviously injured opponent) would have been nice to see.
playing passively and not getting into the match wasn't doing much for her... :rolleyes:
some of you would have only been happy if maria would have lost meekly, but guess what, didn't happen.

Amorc
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Hopefully being tacky and not even mentioning your opponent and their effort in a match isn't the symptom of a 17yrd old. That was horrible.

Thats true, what she should of said is:

"Serena played at her very best today and gave a great effort, fortunately I was still able to win despite the fact that I only played at about 20% of my best"

Diesel
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:31 AM

"Serena played at her very best today and gave a great effort, fortunately I was still able to win despite the fact that I only played at about 20% of my best"

That's fine. Because even injured Serena still almost took the title. Attempt wit, it doesn't change the result nor the fact that Maria was tacky and classless today.

cool bird
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:32 AM
What did Serena and Sharapova say in threre speech

DeDe4925
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:44 AM

No what she said was "I wore her down". If that's not the stupidest thing I've ever heard. :rolleyes: That's like kicking a dog when they are down. Far worse than saying I only played at about 20%. But, you be the judge.

Lucy
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:45 AM
yeah. she's kinda ditsy at times and cocky, but we have to remember she's only a teen. every teen goes through that phase when they've achieved so much at a young age. hopefully, she's grow out of it as she matures over the years. :)

Amorc
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:49 AM
No what she said was "I wore her down". If that's not the stupidest thing I've ever heard. :rolleyes: That's like kicking a dog when they are down. Far worse than saying I only played at about 20%. But, you be the judge.

She said that!!!!!!!!! Damn that bitch, she should be shot...... absolutely no excuse for uttering those kind of obsenities.

jacobruiz
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:53 AM

Yes, and the goofiest Wimbledon winner and number 4 in the world:lol: And she looked pretty goofy with that million dollar check!
Wow, Masha - the haters are just going crazy!

Just think what she can do next year!:bounce:

Lucy
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Yes, and the goofiest Wimbledon winner and number 4 in the world:lol: And she looked pretty goofy with that million dollar check!
Wow, Masha - the haters are just going crazy!

Just think what she can do next year!:bounce:

i'm looking forward to next year. maria has been working on varaiety of shots to improve her game. i hope she gets better at it.

mp3junkie
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Damn, that Maria needs to polish her speeches. Stop acting so silly. Her presentation sucked big time.

DeDe4925
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:06 AM
She said that!!!!!!!!! Damn that bitch, she should be shot...... absolutely no excuse for uttering those kind of obsenities.
Yes, you're absolutely correct. :rolleyes:

Julian
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:13 AM
haha wat Maria needs is a "speech trainer"

lorelai
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Imagine if they removed all the handlers, all the PC image consultants--the one's who told every tennis player to wave like prom queens to the clapping fans--and let these players be themselves. I betcha we'd see a whole host of nasty, bratty young women with nothing but attitude. Thing is, at least then we'd KNOW who's real & who's not! Go Clijsters, a true queen of the court of grace and perspective.

Jaime Bahena
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:21 PM

Consider yourself privileged to have the opportunity to see all the YEC champions ever, and having the intellectual capacity to judge her the "goofiest YEC champion." Tell us: who was the most intelligent, who wore the sexiest outfit, who was the most nervous?

faste5683
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Consider yourself privileged to have the opportunity to see all the YEC champions ever, and having the intellectual capacity to judge her the "goofiest YEC champion." Tell us: who was the most intelligent, who wore the sexiest outfit, who was the most nervous?

Geez, take a chill pill. I was implying to the starter of this thread that Maria (goofy or not) was *the winner* of the YEC. She sure will look goofy delivering that million dollar paycheck to the bank in her new ride...

darrinbaker00
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Geez, take a chill pill. I was implying to the starter of this thread that Maria (goofy or not) was *the winner* of the YEC. She sure will look goofy delivering that million dollar paycheck to the bank in her new ride...

She is only 17, Ed, so Yuri will probably be driving..... ;)

faste5683
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:06 PM
She is only 17, Ed, so Yuri will probably be driving..... ;)

:eek: Omg - now that's a scary thought! Have a good weekend, buddy...

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I dunno if this has been posted before, but I thought some of you may find it interesting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3906561.stm

SHARAPOVA 'ON ANOTHER PLANET'

Maria Sharapova's rapid ascent to becoming the hottest property in women's tennis has clearly not gone down well with everyone.

The newly-crowned WTA Tour champion has not impressed France's Marion Bartoli.

"She doesn't really speak to anyone," said the world number 41.

"When you pass on front of her it's as if you don't exist, you're invisible, especially now.

"It's crazy because I remember really well having played her last year in doubles in Quebec. She was quite nice. She chatted. We ate together a few times.

"The following year she has gone onto another planet."

JonBcn
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I would imagine that two thirds of your childhood stolen from you so that you can be on court eight hours a day instead of experimenting with drugs and alcohol and abortions like normal teenagers kind of limits your potential to have anything interesting to say.

tennischick
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:58 PM
I would imagine that two thirds of your childhood stolen from you so that you can be on court eight hours a day instead of experimenting with drugs and alcohol and abortions like normal teenagers kind of limits your potential to have anything interesting to say.:lol: :lol: :lol:

the cat
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Well said Jon.

And maybe Masha's changing and becoming withdrawn. It's possible. But how would Marion Bartoli know that Sharapova doesn't speak to anyone since Bartoli is onlyn 1 person? :confused: It's possible Sharapova talks to other players when Bartoli isn't around. ;) I know Maria doesn't want to be like Anna Kournikova. But Anna went through this too. Adjusting to fame can indeed be tricky.

Denise4925
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:37 AM

Yeah, she's the winner. No doubt about that. Take it from me Ed, that's not what the threadstarter implied. I'm sure the money will make up for the embarrassment she's bound to feel when she sees that tape 10 years from now. :rolleyes:

Greatest
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:42 AM

Goofy in a very endearing way...She is truly the best thing that happened to women's tennis in the last 10 years... :o

Denise4925
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Goofy in a very endearing way...She is truly the best thing that happened to women's tennis in the last 10 years... :o
You mean the third best thing. :o

Doc
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:51 AM
I dunno if this has been posted before, but I thought some of you may find it interesting:

Maria Sharapova's rapid ascent to becoming the hottest property in women's tennis has clearly not gone down well with everyone.

"When you pass on front of her it's as if you don't exist, you're invisible, especially now.

"It's crazy because I remember really well having played her last year in doubles in Quebec. She was quite nice. She chatted. We ate together a few times.

More drivel :rolleyes:

Perhaps Bartoli should have said "Congratulatins" - or even "Hello" to Maria - rather than "passing in front of her"????

You know Maria might have thought SHE was being stand-offish?

Greatest
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:56 AM
More drivel :rolleyes:

Perhaps Bartoli should have said "Congratulatins" - or even "Hello" to Maria - rather than "passing in front of her"????

You know Maria might have thought SHE was being stand-offish?

I agree...

Either Bartoli is just JEALOUS or simply want to achieve "a minute" of fame by using Maria Sharapova. :o

LDVTennis
Nov 20th, 2004, 01:01 AM
That was definitely the speech of a 17 year old. :eek: :lol: That nasaly giggle, though... :rolleyes:

You're a Seles fan. And, you're complaning about Sharapova's giggle. OK?

irma
Nov 20th, 2004, 04:34 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3906561.stm

thank goodness they have the old article out again. of course updated it with a new player and another player complaining

one thing is sure though it's definitely a credit when you are the center of this famous article :lol:
Maria S can be proud of herself :)

faste5683
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Yeah, she's the winner. No doubt about that. Take it from me Ed, that's not what the threadstarter implied. I'm sure the money will make up for the embarrassment she's bound to feel when she sees that tape 10 years from now. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

<Maria - watching the interview 10 years into the future>

Maria: "Boy, I sure was goofy back then. What have we decided to do with that extra 10 billion we cleared last month?"

Maria's accountant: "Ahh, you were so cute! Well, we've decided to purchase Monte Carlo..."

Maria: That's nice.

TonyP
Nov 20th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Williams fans need to get a grip. Maria won, Serena lost. Move on. There's always next year.

Others should also get a grip. Stop analyzing every single thing Sharapova does and looking for proof she is a bad person, or her father is a bad person, or tennis is ruining her.

She doesn't seem so ruined to me. Besides, all of your tacky criticism is basically and effort to distract from her accomplishments on the tennis court. She won Wimbledon, over Serena, and she won the year end championships over the same opponent.

YOu can't change those facts, so stop worrying about her speeches or who she does or does not talk to off court.

For heavenshakes, nobody ever engaged in more tacky behavior than the Williams clan. I didn't see Sharapova's father holding up signs in the stands, or doing a dance on court, or demanding a share of the WTA profits go to his daughter.

And so far, Sharapova has NOT proclaimed how much she loves herself. Only a Williams could come up with that kind of embarassing effort to keep herself in the spotlight.

Serena+LenaDrule
Nov 20th, 2004, 01:30 PM
see they say andy roddick is arrogant and they are right but at least the guy is always graceful in his speaches :yeah:

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:57 PM
:rolleyes:

<Maria - watching the interview 10 years into the future>

Maria: "Boy, I sure was goofy back then. What have we decided to do with that extra 10 billion we cleared last month?"

Maria's accountant: "Ahh, you were so cute! Well, we've decided to purchase Monte Carlo..."

Maria: That's nice.

You sure have high hopes for this girl. I hope she shares it with you. :)

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Williams fans need to get a grip. Maria won, Serena lost. Move on. There's always next year.

Others should also get a grip. Stop analyzing every single thing Sharapova does and looking for proof she is a bad person, or her father is a bad person, or tennis is ruining her.

She doesn't seem so ruined to me. Besides, all of your tacky criticism is basically and effort to distract from her accomplishments on the tennis court. She won Wimbledon, over Serena, and she won the year end championships over the same opponent.

YOu can't change those facts, so stop worrying about her speeches or who she does or does not talk to off court.

For heavenshakes, nobody ever engaged in more tacky behavior than the Williams clan. I didn't see Sharapova's father holding up signs in the stands, or doing a dance on court, or demanding a share of the WTA profits go to his daughter.

And so far, Sharapova has NOT proclaimed how much she loves herself. Only a Williams could come up with that kind of embarassing effort to keep herself in the spotlight.
Yeah, and just like you can criticize the Williams sisters for any and every little thing, Mr. Hypocrite. Maria can too be criticized. Oh, but that's right. She's white and blond, therefore nothing should be said to her or about her. She's such a fragile little precious flower. Of course she does nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

msmsed
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:46 AM
after her win in wimbledon, her giggling after the speech was horrible. omg..

Prizeidiot
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:54 AM
I admired her a little more after Wimbledon actually, because she seemed genuine. I was mostly disappointed with her Masters Cup performance, but let's not start that debate again...

SharapovaFan16
Dec 9th, 2004, 09:35 PM
roddick took time to grow too there whoever said that. he was very just focused on winning and nothing else when he came in. temper he had!

beauty_is_pink
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:25 PM
I'm 17 and I aint goofy :angel:

Jaime Bahena
Dec 16th, 2004, 08:09 PM
You sure have high hopes for this girl. I hope she shares it with you. :)

Time will tell.

Jaime Bahena
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:12 PM

What new ride? I thought she donated to a Russian charity organization? I would have donated the Porsche after putting 2,000 miles on it.

DevilishAttitude
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Why are Williams fans such sore losers :confused: :sad:

Some of them are fine and respectful but others act so OTT about a Williams loss and they have millions of excuses to say why it wasn't because the other player was better :rolleyes:

Jaime Bahena
Dec 17th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah, and just like you can criticize the Williams sisters for any and every little thing, Mr. Hypocrite. Maria can too be criticized. Oh, but that's right. She's white and blond, therefore nothing should be said to her or about her. She's such a fragile little precious flower. Of course she does nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

Good points. Double standards should not exist.