PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please tell Sharapova...

bmxbandit
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:44 AM
...it's quite rude to pump your first and YELL out Come on! when your opponent makes an error? Once is ok, but it happened about 15 times tonight. :rolleyes:

bmxbandit
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:45 AM
2 more.

dukeblue5
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:47 AM
...it's quite rude to pump your first and YELL out Come on! when your opponent makes an error? Once is ok, but it happened about 15 times tonight. :rolleyes:

Well I usually don't mind but she has gone a little overboard as of late...

Oneofakind0490
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:48 AM
It is kinda rude and even more since Serena is injured. But most players do it.

Knizzle
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Why is it rude??

CC
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Erm, it's a point won. Everyone does it.

bmxbandit
She's done it the last EIGHT times Serena made an error.

Billabong
Erm, it's a point won. Everyone does it.

I agree;)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:50 AM
It sounds like Maria has gone to the Lleyton Hewitt school of tennis etiquette ;)

~CANUCK~
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:51 AM
I like it when players do this. it shows they are in the match, the error usually comes from a great shot that the other player hit, so why not be happy about it. Its rude when you do it on a double fault.

Knizzle
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:52 AM
It's rude to pump your fist at a DF when your opponent is injured tho. Not necessary.

bmxbandit
I like it when players do this. it shows they are in the match, the error usually comes from a great shot that the other player hit, so why not be happy about. Its rude when you do it on a double fault.
Which she just did after Serena's 3rd double fault in this game.

bovina_forever
oh great first the grunt and now this :rolleyes:

~CANUCK~
It's rude to pump your fist at a DF when your opponent is injured tho. Not necessary.
I agree, that is to much

UDiTY
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:53 AM
It's not rude normally.

But that last game she did it after every point.:rolleyes:

she's injured for christ's sake...

LindsayRocks89
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Yea Maria is being disrespectful out there to Serena while shes injured, its even a little to much for me, and i usually love it

kiwifan
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:54 AM
She's young, give her a break...

...this year. :devil:

JLDementieva
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:56 AM
It's really rude to do that when your opponent is injured. Being young can't be her excuse, everybody should know this.

bmxbandit
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:56 AM
And 3 more times in the final game.

Knizzle
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:57 AM
You know what I'm pissed off now. No reason for her to be falling on the court or for her father to be running down. Cut the dramatics, really :rolleyes:

ys
She has always done that.. If anything, against Serena it is OK.. Serena does the same kind of things too..

bandabou
Itīs cool....shows who her real self is.

kiwifan
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Okay, her daddy ain't young. :tape:

His fist pump was pretty pathetic. :lol:

bmxbandit
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:58 AM
She has always done that.. If anything, against Serena it is OK.. Serena does the same kind of things too..
Yes, everyone does it...but on literally EVERY point?

Martian Willow
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:01 AM
She should be more like Serena who is just a saint. :angel:

bmxbandit
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:02 AM
She should be more like Serena who is just a saint. :angel:
After the way she embraced Maria at the net, even after Maria showed an utter lack of class, I think she IS a saint.

Junex
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:02 AM
You know what I'm pissed off now. No reason for her to be falling on the court or for her father to be running down. Cut the dramatics, really :rolleyes:

Kniz,

please dnt interfer with their emotions.
I mean if you were out there, you fight hard fot this and you almost are in the brink of defeat, even how injured your opponent is. Its still worht celebrating however you may express that happiness.

they have the right! let them be.

lucashg
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:04 AM
I found it so unnecessary, but I guess it's just the way she is. But since they get along quite well, I found it very disrespectful.

It's quite understandable, though. Just see her pathetic father. Damn, I wasn't thrilled with this match at all. Poor Serena and Maria. One couldn't win because of her injury and the other is gonna be bashed until death for being over optimistic about one of the most important titles of her career and for beating an injured player in the final.

Knizzle
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Kniz,

please dnt interfer with their emotions.
I mean if you were out there, you fight hard fot this and you almost are in the brink of defeat, even how injured your opponent is. Its still worht celebrating however you may express that happiness.

they have the right! let them be.
Oh please, I'm not buying the bullshit.

Aphrodite
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Umgh actually Serena is not too different I remember when she won Wimbledon and Us open the fisrt times, she was jumping up doing flips practically and pumping her fists, people shouldnt be bitter masha won, serena accepted it, its just part of tennis, Serena will be back she will feel healthier. Why does everything have to be so dramatic on this board.

*hingis_forever*
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Serena does it alot too! :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Then Serena gives the classiest speech ever to make Maria look even worse!!

Serena :worship:

Knizzle
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Serena does it alot too! :rolleyes:
Not when her opponent serves a DF cause they are visibly injured.

Amorc
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:12 AM
STFU you sad bunch of moaning old fuks

Jeleno Benesovo
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Serena does it alot too! :rolleyes: sooooo true :cool:

franny
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:25 AM
I'm not going to play the Serena used to do this game, blah blah blah. Maria went overboard I agree, I accept it. But she won, that's what's important. SHe was trying to keep herself intense. That's the only way for her to do it. What else do you suggest she do? If she didnt do it, I bet you she would have lost that match because her concentration was just all over the place.

dylan24
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:27 AM
you can't blame sharapova for her actions.
look at her psycho lunatic father and how he acts.
at least she is no way as bad as him

Amorc
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:35 AM
you can't blame sharapova for her actions.
look at her psycho lunatic father and how he acts.
at least she is no way as bad as him

Thankfully Serena nor Venus are as bad as their psycho lunatic father either.

Junex
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Oh please, I'm not buying the bullshit.

Wimbledon 02, when Serena jumping all over the court after defeating her sister Venus.

Now that rude, its your sister for cryuing out loud!

that just cost a nickel i think you cn afford it to buy it this time!

as usual, when a williams is beaten, her fans can't help but being bitter!!!!

Mephisto
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Yeah Maria's fist-pumping is just annoying ................. Doing it sometimes is absolutely ok, but she does it on nearly every single point even if her oppenent hits a wide error without being forced by Sharapova or a doublefault. Hey and I'm not a bitter Williams-Fan :angel:

Masharapova
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:37 AM
She is only encouraging herself.
She isnt going to stand there and look miserable.
She's playing for a prizemoney and a porshe...I mean, c'mon!

majuu__
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:53 AM
I have the Maria-Lindsay Wimbledon semi on tape.... Maria fist pumps whe Lindsay hit a double fault...very rude

naiwen
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:49 AM

You're right. But Hewitt does this all the time.
:devil:

Spunky83
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:01 AM
She's young, give her a break...

...this year. :devil:

Yep, she was already all fist-pumping in her SF. The third set only consisted of Mariaīs fists :rolleyes: , but I am pretty sure I wouldnīt have noticed or complained about it, if Nastya had won that match, so maybe it wasnīt that bad at all.

However, you got a good point in your post kiwifan. I am pretty sure itīs hard to stay calm when youīre so pumped up, but I seriously hope that she can stop this annyoing behaviour on court in the future.

A true champ needs a certain class :D

Sharapower
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Well Maria was positively losing the match against 20% of a Serena so she was pissed against herself, then she behaved in a somehow rude manner as a reaction. The outcome showed it was the right way. It was this or dropping the match. At this stage of her career, Maria wins big matches 50% with her tennis skills and 50% with her emotions. With time, her tennis is going to improve so that she won't need to permanently raise the adrenaline anymore.

Sharapower
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Nowadays, tennis has become a fight sport. We aren't anymore in the era of elegance and etiquette. It's just win matches, by every means or die.

swiss
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Nowadays, tennis has become a fight sport. We aren't anymore in the era of elegance and etiquette. It's just win matches, by every means or die.
:rolleyes: poor of you

Sharapower
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Can somebody please tell Sharapova...

I gave Maria a phone call to tell her and I had this answer : "SHUT THE FUCK UP !!!". Then I realized I did a mistake and dialed Anastasia's number instead or Maria's :cool: ...

(to be continued)

Sharapower
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:48 AM
:rolleyes: poor of you
I didn't say that was a good thing ...
Just stating the reality... Just look at Justine, Serena and of course Maria. And I don't even talk of all the others who put pressure on the opponent long before the match has begun by making resounding statements in press conferences and interviews.
The WTA tour is not a domain for angels.

SOA_MC
May 7th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Ana the new fist pumping Maria:rocker2:

rockstar
May 7th, 2008, 10:16 AM
pointless bump imo :shrug: