Svetlana Kuznetsova
Vera Zvonareva
Elena Likhovtseva

Austria
Sybille Bammer
Yvonne Meusburger
Patricia Wartusch
Dani Kix

Russia and France by far the favourites here :)

ZAK
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:14 AM
France :D

KindaNice
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Wow...well Russia and France, yes the clear favorites. This is going to be fun to watch. Anytime you get Mary Pierce involved in FedCup...its going to be fun!

croat123
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:32 AM
:o / :help: @ austria and spain

(the sad thing is that they got this far...)

beauty_is_pink
Nov 16th, 2004, 01:52 AM
yay! Tati will get to play! :D

lukehingis
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Why isn't LenaD in the line up???

Mr_Molik
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:39 AM
no babsi :sad:

JLDementieva
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Why isn't LenaD in the line up???
Cause the Russian Captain is a retard!! :mad: Seriously Likhotseva over Dementieva? :retard:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Zvonareva over Dementieva? :confused:

beauty_is_pink
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Likhotseva over Dementieva? :retard::cuckoo:

shannonannafan
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:33 AM
It had to have been Dementieva's choice not to play. There is no way that a girl who has so much dedication and pride for her country and is one of the most talented and popular girls of her country not be chosen.

Stephieva
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Cause the Russian Captain is a retard!! :mad:yes..he is a :retard:
he has ignored Lena since the beginning of this yr...:ras:

Momo even said...LenaD is the only one Russian she is scared of...
and me sure she is happy with the damn stupid decision of Shamil...
Even the captain of france said Shamil is weird...
and if Lena played for France he would surely take her :hearts:

Chunchun
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Seriously Likhotseva over Dementieva? :retard:

one reason for that is they have to use LenaL for doubles :rolleyes:

but the captain should replace Bepa with lenaD :mad:

AlexB
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:58 AM
wrote this earlier in another post:

this russia-austria matchup in russia no less, has the makings of a horrible russian beatdown. And more importantly than that, Anastasia will be able to get good rest in her own home and wont even have to go full blast to kill her opposition. yeah yeah talk about respect your opponents and all those trite sayings but this is gonna be legalized assault.

Spunky83
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Zvonareva over Dementieva? :confused:

Zvonareva over Sharapova...will Masha ever play for her country? :tape:

This is the same team as it was last time. The team including players and coach wanted to keep the succesful team. Why change a winning team? ;)

Daniel
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Go russia :)

Wojtek
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Cause the Russian Captain is a retard!! :mad: Seriously Likhotseva over Dementieva? :retard:
Likhotseva will play doubles. Do you think Dementieva is better doubles player?

David Barker
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Such a pity Babsi Schett injured, especially as she says she will retire after the Oz Open. Babs played so well against the USA - always inspired playing for her country - more like the old Babsi form wise too.

Elldee
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:17 AM
C'mon Mary!!

I wonder if Svetlana will be less flat than at YEC. Hope so.

peanuts
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:43 AM
:o / :help: @ austria and spain

(the sad thing is that they got this far...)

:lol: :lol: true :tape: :lol:

Shoulderpova
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Russia will easily overcome Austria and then take the Fed cup ;)

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Likhotseva will play doubles. Do you think Dementieva is better doubles player?The doubles team should be Myskina and Zvonareva, or Tarpischev should bring Petrova into the squad.

Kuznetsova and Likhovtseva are not playing well as a team at the moment.

Vut
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Good Luck! France :D

Jorn
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Vamos Spain!! :)

btw, Mauresmo has withdrawn.

Grachka
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Austria :sad:

No Schwartzmeister :sobbing:

Bette_Midler
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Forget remplace Mauresmo par Bartoli
Suite au forfait d’Amélie Mauresmo, c’est un Guy Forget déçu de la décision de la numéro 2 mondiale qui a fait appel à Marion Bartoli.

Sur le site de la FFT, Guy Forget a confié que le forfait de Mauresmo était un «coup dur pour l’équipe mais aussi une grande déception. Je savais depuis trois semaines que c’était quelque chose qui pouvait se produire, parce qu’elle m’en avait déjà parlé. Mais j’y ai cru jusqu’au bout et j’ai essayé de faire valoir des arguments pour la faire changer d’avis.» Pour la remplacer, le capitaine de l’équipe de France a appelé Marion Bartoli.

Pengwin
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Zvonareva over Sharapova...will Masha ever play for her country? :tape:

This is the same team as it was last time. The team including players and coach wanted to keep the succesful team. Why change a winning team? ;)

Masha chose to make herself unavaliable

Jorn
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Who will play for France, Marion or Loit? (In other thread they said Loit)

Linnie
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Who will play for France, Marion or Loit? (In other thread they said Loit)From what I read, Loit (who was a reserve) will replace Amélie, and Bartoli will replace Loit as the reserve player.

I'm quite surprised at Marion for agreeing to do this, as she had said in the past that she wouldn't play Fed Cup unless she could play singles. But I'm glad she's now had a change of heart :)

Even though Momo's not playing, I'm still rooting for France ;) ALLEZ!!!

MissDynamit
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:56 AM
damn, I think my country will lose 5:0 :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Tichi
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I think that it's perhaps the best thing for Sharapova not to play in Fed Cup. It's again held in Russia, so she should again travel over there; after her busy season she might need some rest. I also often wonder if the other russian girls get along with Maria..? They did not grow up together and perhaps she has more adjusted to the 'western or american life' than the others.

bee
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Definitely ...a Russia vs France final...

Spain and Austria...
Sad to say...
No chance at all... :) ;)

*Jool*
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Without Momo, Spain has a chance.
But I also think this will be a Russqia-France final w/ Russians taking their 1st title.

I hope Tati and Mary will play singles and I hope i'll see this on Tv( the bad thing is that if they show it onb French telly, Conchita will not be there so once again, I wobn't see her! Damn, I haven't seen one single of her matches in 2004, what a pity ! )

Well, I'm not really patriotic, but as Conchi doesn't play and two of my overall faves play for france, I'll support French team !!
Allez les filles!!

Caz
Nov 17th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Hmm, I think Mauresmo pulling out changes things. I think now Spain has a chance against France; Pierce should win both her singles, but Spain should take the doubles, and should have a chance in the remaining singles ties. I guess Russia will win the whole thing. Still, Vamos Espana! ;) :D