PDA

View Full Version : Serena Fans... . about the YEC Final. . .

Pureracket
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM
. .. .I was wondering while I was @ the track, jogging, "Would it be such a bad thing if Serena doesn't win this match against Sharapova?"

Unlike other players, I don't think that the defeat would shake Serena's confidence, and I don't think she'll start doubting her ability. Her fans know that she's not the fittest that she could be, and we can see that she tends to "push" the ball over the net whenever she is not confident.

The match against Sharapova could definitely be a measuring stick for the explosiveness and competition that she is going to face next year. Even bigger, this tournament could also let Serena know how she rates among the other top players in the world.

I certainly hope that she wins tonight, but I'm thinking - win or lose - she knows that she is still a work in progress. Even if she does win, I am not sure that she would be able to win a SLAM with her current form.

bandabou
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Just by reaching the F.....that was already a bonus to me. NOBODY saw Serena reach the final, so that for me is already great. If she wins, itīs cool. If she loses? not the end of the world....just want to see if the fight is still there.

franny
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Being in the finals of the YEC is never a terrible thing, never. To beat the players that she's beaten, even if she doesn't win, there is no shame in it. Same for Maria. Both are winners in my book. Both have achieved more than what anyone expected from them, so let's just hope they have fun and have a great match.

Navratilove
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah that's a good posititive attitude, because Serena will definitely get her ass whipper tonight. Good preparation folks!

Crazy_Fool
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Could be another Wimbledon, just think the 2 semis are quite similar :D

vs1
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:20 PM
I'm happy for every positive step Serena takes. I certainly want her to win tonight because it will be such a great achievement, on a close of a mediocre year. If she doesn't win, then I won't be broken. I'm so proud of her already. Just hope that she can take that one last step...the step that's worth a million bucks!! ;)

bandabou
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:26 PM
The last step, the last step....seemingly she doesnīt have a problem REACHING the finals ( 5! and at a tier I, wimbledon and the YEC.....so thatīs three BIG events there, not even Davenport did that well in her comeback), so far it seems that PERFORMING in the finals has been a problem. Something really un-Serena-like. Used to be such a clutch performer.

Hopefully this match is gonna help her get that clutch-ness back.

Pureracket
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:54 PM
The last step, the last step....seemingly she doesnīt have a problem REACHING the finals ( 5! and at a tier I, wimbledon and the YEC.....so thatīs three BIG events there, not even Davenport did that well in her comeback), so far it seems that PERFORMING in the finals has been a problem. Something really un-Serena-like. Used to be such a clutch performer.

Hopefully this match is gonna help her get that clutch-ness back.Well, she did perform well @ her first final back. She also won that one in Asia too, right?

Jaime Bahena
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Just by reaching the F.....that was already a bonus to me. NOBODY saw Serena reach the final, so that for me is already great. If she wins, itīs cool. If she loses? not the end of the world....just want to see if the fight is still there.

If this match was a boxing rematch, it would be the old champion versus the new kid on the block: experience versus unbridled energy. It's gonna be a h*ll of a fight, I'm sorry, tennis match. Whomever wins, the loser will use the match as incentive to kick a** the next time they play each other.

bandabou
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:56 PM
If this match was a boxing rematch, it would be the old champion versus the new kid on the block: experience versus unbridled energy. It's gonna be a h*ll of a fight, I'm sorry, tennis match. Whomever wins, the loser will use the match as incentive to kick a** the next time they play each other.

Uhum....got that one right. Hopefully so too..we want a fight!

harloo
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Fight like hell Serena win or lose!! You can bring the Russian Empire down!!;) :D