PDA

View Full Version : Mariah "Emancipated" on new album

AaronJoyB
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Mariah 'Emancipated' On New Album

http://www.billboard.com/billboard/photos/artists/mariah-carey6.gif
Mariah Carey returns to her pop and R&B roots on her new album (http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000527344), "The Emancipation of Mimi," albeit with major dollops of hip-hop. On several tracks previewed for Billboard.com, Carey offers less vocal acrobatics then on recent efforts, proving that less can indeed be more.

Due March 29 via Island Def Jam, the new set will be preceded by the single "Say Something," produced by the Neptunes and featuring Snoop Dogg. Due to hit U.S. radio outlets in January, the slinky, sensual hip-hop jam sports intermittent machine gun-styled beats,

A longtime supporter of club remixes, Carey has commissioned David Morales, Peter Rauhofer and former Pound Boys member David C. to remix "Say Something."

Other album tracks previewed for Billboard.com include the Jermaine Dupri-produced "Get Your Number," a feel-good, dancefloor-primed R&B number that smartly references Imagination's early-'80s top 30 R&B hit, "Just an Illusion." It spotlights the vocals of Dupri, who also helmed the track "Shake You Off."

Carey handled the bulk of the writing on "The Emancipation of Mimi" and also produced the power ballad "Mine Again." Less adult contemporary and more Gladys Knight, the old-school song is signature Carey.

The album also features contributions from producer Kanye West and rappers Nelly and Twista. It's the follow-up to 20002's "Charmbracelet," which debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 and has sold more than 1.1 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

-- Michael Paoletta, N.Y.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000719601

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:34 PM
I love her! :hearts: :drool: :lick: :worship: :bounce: ;) :kiss:

Barrie_Dude
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Me Love Mariah, Too!

AjdeNate!
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Go Maz!

!<blocparty>!
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:38 PM
*edit* :rolleyes:

:bounce: Anyone heard any tracks? reviews on them if yes, plz :p

Barrie_Dude
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:40 PM
:hug: :smooch: i Timmy

SilK
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:42 PM
I really really really hope this will be a great album!

jenny161185
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:21 PM
going back to her roots? her roots are power ballads not r n b I just dont think this record will be massively successful if theres rappers etc on most tracks,I like Mariah and wish her well hopefullly she'll prove me wrong

VeNuS#1LoVa
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Mariah is so great, but the mid 90's was better...Butterfly & Music Box :hearts:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Mariah is so great, but the mid 90's was better...Butterfly & Music Box :hearts:

Butterfly is amazing. I loved that album. Whenever You Call, The Roof, My All, Honey, BreakDown, Babydoll, all those songs, they were amazing. My favourite Mariah album (just b4 Music Box and Daydream)

SilK
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:40 PM
I agree... Butterfly is my favorite album as well. I love Breakdown and The Roof!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:41 PM
I agree... Butterfly is my favorite album as well. I love Breakdown and The Roof!

Yet you hate her hip hop stuff :rolleyes:

(get ur arse on msn, im about to sign in- I have 2 bonus Destiny's Child songs, which arent on d album)

SilK
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:49 PM
I'm on MSN... chill :lol:

Tochio
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:28 AM
ah! Really?

Will she reach #1 on billboard chart again?
Long time ago that i didn't see her on Top 40.