PDA

View Full Version : Britney Restaurant

Jetta
Mar 19th, 2002, 07:22 PM
From Eonline.com

Britney: The Bistro
Tue Mar 19, 1:14 PM ET

We can see the menu now: Britney Burgers; Shish Ke-Bob Spears; Timberlake Tater Tots; Oops! I Did It Again Refried Beans; Not an Egg, Not Yet a Duckling Spring Rolls--all washed down with a Pepsi.

Yes, our heart begins to skip a beat at the thought of Britney Spears opening a restaurant.

Adding her name to an ever-growing list of celebrities turned restaurateurs, the pop princess is reportedly planning to open her own Manhattan eatery with the aid of famed New York dining-scene impresario Bobby Ochs.

According to Crain's New York Business, Spears and Ochs are cooking up plans to open the joint within the next few months.

The tentatively titled Pinky's (not to be confused with Pink's, the famous hot dog eatery in Los Angeles, or Pink, the pop singer known for "Get the Party Started" and "Lady Marmalade") is said to be derived from Spears' nickname. It will reportedly serve up a variety of moderately priced eats. No word on whether the menu will reflect the singer's Southern-fried Louisiana heritage.

Britney's bistro will take over the space currently occupied by the defunct upscale French restaurant Virot on 41st Street in New York. The place is currently getting a facelift to reflect the change in theme.

Spears has been trying to branch out from her day job as one of the top-selling teenyboppers. In addition to her budding food empire, she recently made her big-screen debut in Crossroads and is also considering lending her name to a clothing line.

The 20-year-old popster joins a long line of celebrities who've lent their name to eateries, including Sean "Puffy" Combs, Stephen and William Baldwin, Oliver Stone, Laurence Fishburne and even Robert De Niro.

The good news is that Britney's place won't be like those expensive "eatertainment" chains like Planet Hollywood or the Fashion Café that have gone bankrupt in recent years, restaurants that often relied on their star power instead of good food. Word has it that Pinky's will be a pretty straightforward chow house.

The bad news: Ochs has had a spotty track record when it comes to celebrity-backed restaurants. Two of his more recent efforts, the Mulholland Café (which he opened with Patrick Swayze) and Peaches (which he co-owned with Donald Trump ex Marla Maples), flamed out faster than Crossroads.

Ochs is no slouch in the name department--in the food world, he's nearly as big a celeb as his new partner, operating several popular culinary establishments known as much for their celebrity associations as for their food.

In fact, John Travolta was once rumored to be developing a film based on Ochs' life called It Ain't About Food.

Ochs will handle the day-to-day operations of Pinky's, while Spears will presumably provide her name and money. The Britney-Bobby bistro is slated to open at the end of May.

Scotso
Mar 19th, 2002, 07:26 PM
pft :rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Oh Jesus, why?! Why can't she just go away!

Sonja
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:25 PM
agrees with Seles *sigh*

Celeste
Mar 21st, 2002, 12:11 AM
I wish someone would invent a can of Raid that only worked on her.

I'm usually opposed to bathroom jokes, as crude as I can be at other times. But I REALLY want a bunch of us, equal numbers of men and women, to meet in NYC the night her restaurant opens. About 4 hours before, we all go to some really nasty dive and gorge on cheese chili dogs and beer. I mean for hours until we feel horrible. Then, we start walking to her restaurant, stop at a drugstore, and take loads of laxatives, and then we take turns going into the restaurant and totally stinking up the bathrooms so the whole place reeks when we're finished. All of the guests would leave only associating the place with bathroom stench.

Well, one can dream! Hey, I'll pop for 10 hotel rooms at a decent hotel. If someone can defray the flight costs, do we have any takers? :bounce:

Crazy Canuck
Mar 21st, 2002, 01:22 AM
I wish someone would pay me millions to be irritating.