PDA

View Full Version : Music Styles

TimBo
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:25 PM
This weekend, I bought Marilyn Manson Greatest Hits; Shania Twain Greatest Hits and Britney's Greatest Hits. Just wondering if im weird or do you guys have varied musical tastes as me?

btw- im disappointed in the Marilyn CD. I love it, but my fav song was not included " Dont like the Drugs, But the Drugs like Me"

TimBo
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I totally agree. Coma White was great as well. Why in the heck was mOBSCENE included?

Experimentee
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I like artists or bands from most genres too. I mainly listen to alternative, indie, rock and punk/hardcore, but i also like ska, metal (all types), pop (love Mariah Carey and Spice Girls), hip hop, urban, R&B, and techno (mostly trance). So I dont think you're weird for liking all that.
And I dont like Greatest Hits albums, i find them mostly crap bc the songs I like are usually left off. I prefer to just get the original albums that the songs were off.

rand
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:14 PM
This weekend, I bought Marilyn Manson Greatest Hits; Shania Twain Greatest Hits and Britney's Greatest Hits. Just wondering if im weird or do you guys have varied musical tastes as me?

btw- im disappointed in the Marilyn CD. I love it, but my fav song was not included " Dont like the Drugs, But the Drugs like Me"
diversity? :confused: they're all greatest hits albums :haha:

Martian Willow
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Marilyn Manson, Shania Twain and Britney isn't diverse. They all belong to a category of music called shit.

TimBo
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:44 PM
wow Willow, that was harsh. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean its shit... I like it that's all that counts

Barrie_Dude
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Well, I have everything fro the Blues (BB King, Billie Holiday) To Country (Willie Nelson, Emmylou Harris ET ALL) To Classical/Opera (Pavorotti) to Pop (Flleetwood Mac)and The Beatles and The Beach Boys And Alanis and Fiona Apple and Sheryl Crow

TimBo
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Rand, yeah they are greatest hits ablums and?
I never said I didnt have the orginals, matter fact I do

Richie77
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I have very varied music tastes. I could see myself buying Shania and Britney's greatest hits (but not Marilyn Manson :scared: )

My favorite types of music are jazz, both smooth and traditional; 70's and 80's R&B, and most soft rock. I also like a lot of trance and house/acid music.

Barrie_Dude
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:31 PM
I have very varied music tastes. I could see myself buying Shania and Britney's greatest hits (but not Marilyn Manson :scared: )

My favorite types of music are jazz, both smooth and traditional; 70's and 80's R&B, and most soft rock. I also like a lot of trance and house/acid music.Not to mention a huge soft spot for Miss Stevie like I have!

rand
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:01 AM
for my tastes I love classical (fave composer scriabin), jazz (fave etc..:miles davis),soul diva's (couldn't choose one to mention, there are so many as great one as the oher), crooners (sinatra!),60's rock (the doors, the velvet underground :drool:), 70's electronical music (tangerine dreams, kraftwerk!), prog rock (pink floyd), hard-rock/ heavy metal (led zep, black sabbath!), punk (dead kennedy's, sex pistols, clash,the stooges, television),80's pop(AHA, talk talk, kate bush, gary numan...)post-punk (the sisters of mercy, joy division...), EBM/industrial (Numb, front line assembly, wumpscut,etc) 90's pop (pulp, radiohead and all), Gothic(goethe's erben, lacrimosa),singer/songwriters (L Cohen, Lou Reed, John Cale, David Bowie...), ethereal music (dead can dance), goth-folk (current'93), experimental music (Coil and so...),,trip hop(Massive Attack, Portishead) rap(well, don't know a lot about the sub-genres, but I love Grandmaster Flash,50 cents, and eminem for example,all probably more hip-hop but hey...),country/western(Johnny Cash, mainly)
I'm probably forgetting lots of music styles ...those are the first that come to mind
that's what I call diversity :cool:

rand
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:04 AM
O and I'm not afraid to say I like Britney and taTu too :p

Poppy Corn
Nov 16th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Marilyn Manson, Shania Twain and Britney isn't diverse. They all belong to a category of music called shit.

Poppy does not like hard rock or heavy metal so whatever is written on MManson, Poppy gives no shit!
But to say that Britney(even if Poppy's not a huge fan)and mostly Shania Twain (who has the best selling album by a female!) are shit, then you must be joking! Millions of people can't be that wrong!