PDA

View Full Version : Serena Comment Has Sharapvoa Confused

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:26 AM
In her post-match interview, when addressing her Wimbledon loss to Sharapova, Serena said this:

"I can't reflect back. I don't believe I played Wimbledon," she said. "I don't know who it was, but that was someone else."

Sharapova was said to be confused and responded in kind:

"Oh, yeah, in reality there was one," Sharapova said. "She might not have been in reality."

To be continued, I guess.

franny
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Lol, that's funny.

Stamp Paid
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:34 AM
yeah, like Serena was being serious as if she just actually doesn't remember that day. And of course, thats exactly how they present it to Maria, as if Serena said that with 100% seriousness. These journalists take evrything out of context in an attempt to start shit and get quotes for their articles.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Oh well. Go Serena, I guess :p

franny
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Trust me, take everything the media interprets as(with?) a grain of salt.

wipeout
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:50 AM
All Serena's saying is the she wasn't herself, and I think a lot of people can agree with that. :)

rue
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Serena said the same thing when she lost against Justine at the french open. This is just redicuoulsly funny the way she comes up with some of these comments. I guess she does not want to bring up an issue like that again, so she will say that she does not remember at all.

franny
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:54 AM
The thing about Serena is, she backs up what she says. She always comes back out with a vengeance. You've got to respect that.

Dan23
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Serena better go find the person who did play and get them to own up because the official scoreboard still has:
M. Sharapova def S. Williams 6-1 6-4
:hehehe: :D j/k

lolo7
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Alot of you people need to grow up and stop taking everything so seriously.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Serena better go find the person who did play and get them to own up because the official scoreboard still has:
M. Sharapova def S. Williams 6-1 6-4
:hehehe: :D j/k

you seem very happy today! :D

dreamgoddess099
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:41 AM
In her post-match interview, when addressing her Wimbledon loss to Sharapova, Serena said this:

"I can't reflect back. I don't believe I played Wimbledon," she said. "I don't know who it was, but that was someone else."

Sharapova was said to be confused and responded in kind:

"Oh, yeah, in reality there was one," Sharapova said. "She might not have been in reality."

To be continued, I guess.

Sounds like two ladies with PMS to me. :lol:

SerenaSlam
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Serena said the same thing when she lost against Justine at the french open. This is just redicuoulsly funny the way she comes up with some of these comments. I guess she does not want to bring up an issue like that again, so she will say that she does not remember at all.
she in a way is telling the truth. b/c the serena we knew when she played Jusitne wasn't there. but come wimbledon and they played again, the serena we knew and expected had showed up. one thing you all need to realize is serena doesnt say these things just to cauz problems etc, she backs up her comments. she made similar comments after she lost to jennifer at the french and then crushed her at wimbledon. mauresmo at the 2003 french same scenario. i belive the IO? made some comments but yet she backs herself up with the play of tennis she showed. just see how she plays and the difference tomorrow. u will see what she is talkin bout.

SerenaSlam
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:50 AM
and here is how they put in on yahoo.

``I don't believe I played the Wimbledon final,'' she said, half serious and half smiling. ``I don't know who it was. I wasn't at Wimbledon this year.''

"The way Serena played today, I don't think (Sharapova) has any chance," said Myskina, who lost to her compatriot for the first time in four career meetings. "I think she played unbelievable. If Maria can play the same level as Wimbledon, she was not showing me today."

Also Anastasia thinks like most (its the truth) Maria really doens't stand to much of a chance if serena continues this form. Even the pace and type of serve. At Wimbledon serena had no legs (her footwork) and her serve was just gone. Her serve her last two matches she has hit at total of like 25 aces. And today she hit 54 winners to 43 errors. She played an unbelievable high level of tennis. and i think that in general if serena comes out tomorrow doing the same it will litteraly initmidate Sharapova too the utmost.

Gowza
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:00 AM
thats one to put with her 'i only played at 20%' in the wimbledon final, there is such a thing as playing well and still losing and also players being able to make you look like you are playing badly when you are actually playing well. serena may not have been playing great (which the reason why she didnt is debateable - may have been from sharapova's play or serena may have generally not been playing great) but she was still playing pretty well. serena is a great player and all but i think she thinks she is better than she is.

as for these comments, looks like serena is still disappointed about wimby, the way she is dealing with wimby she is trying to give herself a psychological advantage, she believes she shouldnt have lost that final so she is trying to forget it and block it out so it doesnt effect her. as for sharapova being confused, that comment doesnt make her sound confused, makes her sound like she is having a dig at serena for making sharapova out to be a nothing player ie the 20% etc.

Gowza
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:02 AM

Also Anastasia thinks like most (its the truth) Maria really doens't stand to much of a chance if serena continues this form. Even the pace and type of serve. At Wimbledon serena had no legs (her footwork) and her serve was just gone. Her serve her last two matches she has hit at total of like 25 aces. And today she hit 54 winners to 43 errors. She played an unbelievable high level of tennis. and i think that in general if serena comes out tomorrow doing the same it will litteraly initmidate Sharapova too the utmost.
at wimby her serve was gone? during some matches serena's serve is what kept her in the match.

AnaIvanovicFan
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:10 AM
cant wait til maria kicks her ass AGAIN today :D

SJW
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:11 AM
serena must be going crazy :scared: first she beat lindsay now she doesnt realise that she played wimbledon :cuckoo: :retard:

don't talk about her like that. she has amnesia :(

geoepee
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:27 AM
don't talk about her like that. she has amnesia :(
you are so silly :)

franny
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Basically, when Serena wins, she shows up. When she loses, she doesn't show up. We must all accept it, that's how the world works.

Grohl
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:03 AM
just another excuse

Navratilove
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Yeah she's totally in denial. Oh well of course she remembers it but she just doesn't wanna show it in public. She knows she got outplayed on that day, yet doesn't wanna admit it with the media. She's got no class and whatever she means by sayin that, it ain't funny a bit. I see her ass whipped yet again tomorrow. As Gowza said exactly, she still thinks she's better than the rest of the tour and of course better than she actually is. She never ceases to come up with one excuse to another. I think she needs some serious counceling to save the downhill part of her career.
Serena, you gotta keep this in mind: your days are far behind and there are more and more girls better than you every fuckin single day!

Back_hand_78
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I still cannot believe that people have not gotten used to the fact that this is how Serena responds to matches she has lost. We can go on and on and on and on ...... till the cows that jump over the moon comes home, but Serena being Serena will react that way.

That is what makes her Serena. No offense, but why do people love to take whatever any player says out of context and make a big deal about it? That's the reporters job and let those people do their freaking job.

A poster here mentioned that whatever comments you read on any article, take it with a pinch or salt. A pinch might be too little, perharps a spoonful. (PS: Not too much. coz will give you high blood pressure)

bandabou
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Nothing new.....Serena never wants to talk about matches she lost..you guys should know that by now.

Besides no words are gonna change the end result anyways.

pigam
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:07 AM
it's not the first time Serena has a sudden flow of amnesia coming over her.
Poor thing :sad:, maybe that's why her forehand wasn't working i the past few
months :unsure:. Masha can only hope the amnesia continues :p

Serena :o but also a bit :lol:

Paneru
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:21 PM
:lol:

Venus did say that wasn't Serena in that final,
it was an imposter! An imposter that she said she
never ever gets to play against! ;)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Obviously people shouldn't take what Serena said seriously.

After the French Open match against Justine, Serena said at Wimbledon (a month later) she can't remember what happened in Paris.

Paneru
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Yeah she's totally in denial. Oh well of course she remembers it but she just doesn't wanna show it in public. She knows she got outplayed on that day, yet doesn't wanna admit it with the media. She's got no class and whatever she means by sayin that, it ain't funny a bit. I see her ass whipped yet again tomorrow. As Gowza said exactly, she still thinks she's better than the rest of the tour and of course better than she actually is. She never ceases to come up with one excuse to another. I think she needs some serious counceling to save the downhill part of her career.
Serena, you gotta keep this in mind: your days are far behind and there are more and more girls better than you every fuckin single day!
Bitter much? :lol:

vettipooh
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:32 PM
don't talk about her like that. she has amnesia :(Temporary amnesia, I hope.;)

Junex
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Basically, when Serena wins, she shows up. When she loses, she doesn't show up. We must all accept it, that's how the world works.

hmmmm....thats how HER world works. :p

mashenka best 1
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:31 PM
sharapova has the weapons

to beat ANY serena

whether arrogant... or very arrogant

vamos!

AnaIvanovicFan
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Serena is so pathetic

thats why she has no friends on tour other than her pathetic sister

Jaime Bahena
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:26 PM

In psychological terms, it's called "denial."

Jaime Bahena
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Obviously people shouldn't take what Serena said seriously.

After the French Open match against Justine, Serena said at Wimbledon (a month later) she can't remember what happened in Paris.

Here we go again: Serena is in denial. Actually, it's a good psychological manuever, because if you remember getting beat, it will have a tendency to be a total "downer"

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Serena is so pathetic

They have Chanda Rubin, Alex Stevenson and celebrities outside of the tennis world.

Not many of the players, including Maria, can say that.

Pureracket
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Well, if Serena can't remember that she was in the Wimbledon(=) Final, then I can't either. After all, we Serean fans are all Serean worshippers and take everything she says seriously anyway. :)

Volcana
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:51 PM
It's just a humorous way of saying 'no comment'. How could Serena possibly kow so many people would lack the intellectual capacity to understand that?:)

apoet29
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:55 PM
This is just typical Serena. She is an intense competitor and hates to lose and I think these types of comments are her way of being amusing about the situation. Sometimes I wish she would pass on that competitive fire to her sister.

Fantastic
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Why didn't Serena just say, "I wasn't playing my best at Wimbledon"? It would be factual and she wouldn't be leaving herself open to these journo types. Then again, I guess logic has never been a woman's strong point. Slam! ;)

Pureracket
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Why didn't Serena just say, "I wasn't playing my best at Wimbledon"? It would be factual and she wouldn't be leaving herself open to these journo types. Then again, I guess logic has never been a woman's strong point. Slam! ;)Well, if YOU were being logical (. . .and I'm sure you're a smart person), then you would know that EVERYTHING Serena says is going to be dissected and lambasted.

Jaime Bahena
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:20 PM
The thing about Serena is, she backs up what she says. She always comes back out with a vengeance. You've got to respect that.

My question is: If you can't remember a match you played (such as 2004 Wimbledon), how can you get revenge for something that according to you, never happened?

mboyle
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:25 PM

How about Sharapova's form? Maria hit 24 winners in a single set against Vera, a 6-4 set at that. I think Serena could play well and still lose.

DevilishAttitude
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Serena :rolleyes: stop making silly comments :rolleyes:

Jaime Bahena
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:40 PM
They have Chanda Rubin, Alex Stevenson and celebrities outside of the tennis world.

Not many of the players, including Maria, can say that.

Question is: why would they want to say that, anyway? "Yeah, I know Rick Fox, that adulterer/playa playa...good friend of mine...had dinner with him last night, while his wife was home sick with the flu."

ans
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Justine raising her hand at RG against serena was also nothing serious. She just wanted to have some fun. Just like serena she has a strange sense of humour.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Question is: why would they want to say that, anyway? "Yeah, I know Rick Fox, that adulterer/playa playa...good friend of mine...had dinner with him last night, while his wife was home sick with the flu."

I think she has more friends than that and so do you.

cheo23
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:45 PM
My question is: If you can't remember a match you played (such as 2004 Wimbledon), how can you get revenge for something that according to you, never happened?
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

HellanSpicen
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:54 PM
To be an top player to have to have an positive attitude. Maria usually just side-steps questions. She could be at home saying I'm going to beat the bitch. She just doesn't
say it to the public. Venus and Serena tell you up front they weren't playing well. They deny that they are losing touch or their game has slipped, maybe this denial or positive attitude keeps them thinking positive till the game reaches top level.

I think Maria went into Wimbledon thinking positive and she will go into WtA championships thinking positive.She just isn't telling anyone.

Don't confuse her side-stepping answers as nice or passive,because in her mind she's thinking kill. That's why she's successful. She has an strong mind and so does, Serena.

Don't hate on people with an postive attitude it's working for them in thier own way.

bandabou
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:54 PM
How about Sharapova's form? Maria hit 24 winners in a single set against Vera, a 6-4 set at that. I think Serena could play well and still lose.

So could Maria...

Jaime Bahena
Nov 15th, 2004, 06:36 PM

That's the beauty of post match interviews. You can say whatever you want, so you can downplay the fact that your quality of play sucked. How many times has Maria used the excuse that "I'm seventeen" was her reason for losing? Serena can also say that she "wasn't herself."

jenny161185
Nov 15th, 2004, 06:43 PM
so serenslam the real Serena didnt show up to play Justine at RG 03? Keep telling yourself that!

Paneru
Nov 15th, 2004, 06:46 PM
so serenslam the real Serena didnt show up to play Justine at RG 03? Keep telling yourself that!
Nevermind, this is far too easy! :lol:

Jakeev
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Serena is so pathetic

And who will be pathetic when Ana gets beat down by both of them? Stop the crap would you.

DA FOREHAND
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Doesn't take much to confuse a 17yr old.

Jaime Bahena
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Doesn't take much to confuse a 17yr old.

What are you confused about?

Sanneriet
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Don't confuse her side-stepping answers as nice or passive,because in her mind she's thinking kill. That's why she's successful. She has an strong mind and so does, Serena.

Don't hate on people with an postive attitude it's working for them in thier own way.

Exactly. Different personalities, different ways of handling the media.

SjuTjuD
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Well Maria is just 17...

Midnite Surfer
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:52 PM

I think it is interesting that Serena made it to the final of the year end championships even though she has played like half the matches of everyone else. She is still playing at like two levels below her best. It is f---king amazing. She has the potential of a Graf or Navratilova. When she hets back to her best form the rest of the field is in trouble.