PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys catch the handshake?

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:20 AM
I tivo'd it and watched it like ten times...and after the handshake, Serena looked at her like what? She reacted to Momo being short with her...Might have been discussed but I have never seen this before...(outside of Conchie and Patty) :eek:

nbaker53
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:24 AM
picture? i missed that

Rocketta
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:26 AM
were you been Cam there's a long thread about this...:wavey:

and yes it was very funny..

bw2082
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:27 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=140890 :o

vettipooh
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Momo was pissed that Serena stopped her from getting the #1 ranking, She really thought she was going to win.Didn't really want to shake Rena's hand, I suppose, but had to because its customary.:lol:

Sharapower
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Well, sure it was kinda funny. I mean Serena's reaction was funny. About Amelie, though it was not very elegant, just imagine you were at her place at this particular time, loosing 8 times out of nine to a player and choking for the 185649 th time on a big event : personally, I would be madly pissed off, angry against myself, maybe I would even think of stopping tennis. So the thing is somehow forgiveable.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:32 AM
I don't really know how anyone who just loses a tough match no matter what can be all happy when they shake hands. The way I am I would be so pissed at myself I would just want to grab my stuff and get out!!!!

Leo_DFP
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Yeah, it was funny.

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:34 AM
I tivo'd it and watched it like ten times...and after the handshake, Serena looked at her like what? She reacted to Momo being short with her...Might have been discussed but I have never seen this before...(outside of Conchie and Patty) :eek:
I saw that. :lol: Damn, talk about looking like a sore loser. That was funny. Serena was trying to say "good match" and Momo quickly withdrew her hand and walked away. Serena was like, WTF??!! :lol:

Justeenium
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:35 AM
I saw that. :lol: Damn, talk about a sore loser. That was funny. Serena was trying to say "good match" and Momo quickly withdrew her hand and walked away. Serena was like, WTF??!! :lol:
Rena did the same thing after she lost to Henin at RG. :rolleyes:

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Rena did the same thing after she lost to Henin at RG. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but Serena didn't lie or cheat Amelie out of this match. :o

cheo23
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Yeah VERy FUNNY! SERENA WANTED TO SAY Some WORDS to her but Amelie had NO TIME for that! :D
CONGRATULATIONS SERENA!!!!! that game at 4-3 3rd SET..the 8th GAME Was so LONG but SO DRAMATIC!!!!!!
BOTH Players Played HIGH QUALITY STUFF!!!!!!!!
Poor AMELIE! SHe can't BEAT SERENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Justeenium
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Yeah, but Serena didn't lie or cheat Amelie out of this match. :o
and neither did Justine. bandabou and I already had a discussion on this and reached common ground.

Justine did nothing wrong.

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:38 AM
and neither did Justine. bandabou and I already had a discussion on this and reached common ground.

Justine did nothing wrong.
Yeah, right!! :rolleyes: bandabou doesn't speak for me.

Justeenium
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:41 AM
Yeah, right!! :rolleyes: bandabou doesn't speak for me.
:rolleyes: you can use the search tool to look for it but I'll go over it again.

Faste brought up the point that it is illegal for the chair umpire to ask Justine if she held her hand up, just as a chair umpire can not ask the player if a close ball was in or out. Therefore justine not answering the umpire's question was the correct response since it was a question he can not ask.

If the serve had gone in and Rena win the point, it would have stood because the umpire did not see Justine hold her hand up.

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:53 AM
:rolleyes: you can use the search tool to look for it but I'll go over it again.

Faste brought up the point that it is illegal for the chair umpire to ask Justine if she held her hand up, just as a chair umpire can not ask the player if a close ball was in or out. Therefore justine not answering the umpire's question was the correct response since it was a question he can not ask.

If the serve had gone in and Rena win the point, it would have stood because the umpire did not see Justine hold her hand up.
So what!! Justine cheated. She knows it, you know it and I know it. No point going over it again. You won't change my mind about it.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:55 AM
i don't understand what the big deal was
amelie just lost a tough match, said good match, shook hands and walked away
i don't blame anyone for not wanting to smile and chat about the match right then..

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Helllooooooooooo...Of course Momo was pissed and I did not expect her to tounge Serena down at the net...I understand her being pissed...afterall, she was the "one to beat" :tape: I just thaught Serena's reaction was classic...:lol:

kabuki
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:03 PM

Yes, I am going to beat this dead horse. No, I don't mean you Justeenium.

BUt, for a conservative, and a rabid one at that, this response is terribly Clinton-esque.

What do "sexual relations" mean? What is the meaning of the word "is?"

I like JHH, and I respect her game, but we all know the intent on that day. Justine didn't say to herself "ohmy rule 146-8C says I can't answer this question." She thought, "this bitch is not getting another serve." No semi-fancy talkng, or rule book waving can change that.

Experimentee
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:11 PM
When Serena did it against Justine (and rightly so), people were going on about what a bitch she was, but now its ok for Amelie to do it ;)

irishgirl
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:18 PM
So what is Amelie didn't stop for a chat at the net, she was obviously down after losing Serena is a moron to expect some sort of exchange at the net! Mauresmo was extremely gracious in her post match interview which is more than can ever be said of drama queen Williams!

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:24 PM
So what is Amelie didn't stop for a chat at the net, she was obviously down after losing Serena is a moron to expect some sort of exchange at the net! Mauresmo was extremely gracious in her post match interview which is more than can ever be said of drama queen Williams!
You look great in red...it's so you...moron...:retard:

griffin
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:26 PM
When Serena did it against Justine (and rightly so), people were going on about what a bitch she was, but now its ok for Amelie to do it ;)

Agreed, that's assinine. Is it any smarter to do the reverse?

I don't have a problem with any player (Momo, Rena, whoever), who's just lost a tough match, not bouncing to the net with joy that the OTHER person won.

MinnyGophers
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:03 PM

I don't have a problem with any player (Momo, Rena, whoever), who's just lost a tough match, not bouncing to the net with joy that the OTHER person won.

:lol:

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:39 PM
You look great in red...it's so you...moron...:retard:
And, I love adding my touch to the color. ;)

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:41 PM

Well the one and only time Amelie beat Serena, she expected a kiss. NOT!!! People went on and on about how Serena was a bitch for that. :rolleyes: I'm not saying Amelie was a bitch for doing that. I just thought the whole thing was funny as hell, especially Serena's reaction. :lol:

faste5683
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:59 PM
So what!! Justine cheated. She knows it, you know it and I know it. No point going over it again. You won't change my mind about it.

How?

:wavey:

faste5683
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:00 PM

Why?

faste5683
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Yes, I am going to beat this dead horse. No, I don't mean you Justeenium.

I like JHH, and I respect her game, but we all know the intent on that day. Justine didn't say to herself "ohmy rule 146-8C says I can't answer this question." She thought, "this bitch is not getting another serve." No semi-fancy talkng, or rule book waving can change that.

What question was asked?

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:16 PM
What question was asked?

Let's just say, she didn't own up to holding her damn hand up in the middle of a service motion. That's not a violation of the rules is it, Ed? I mean, taking responsibility, being fair and letting the chips fall as they may by telling the umpire that she held her hand up. She knows how to tell the umpire she needs an injury time out.

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:21 PM
How?

You know how. Why are we even going there. She had an ethical duty and a duty under sportsmanlike conduct to tell the umpire she held her hand up, but she didn't and her coach said she could have, but because it was Serena, she wasn't going to. That incident left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, including the tennis commentators, who mentioned it during this tournament. So, please. The umpire can't ask her under the rules, but she sure could have told him. But, I guess Justine wanted to win above ethics.

Just_lindsay
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Let's just say, she didn't own up to holding her damn hand up in the middle of a service motion. That's not a violation of the rules is it, Ed? I mean, taking responsibility, being fair and letting the chips fall as they may by telling the umpire that she held her hand up. She knows how to tell the umpire she needs an injury time out.

Are we still discussing this? It's almost 2005, peeps! Live for the future, not the past!

DeDe4925
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Are we still discussing this?? :rolleyes:
I didn't really want to from the beginning, but I was hogtied and forced. :p

faste5683
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:29 AM

"Own up to" ? How could Justine "own up to anything" when she wasn't *asked* anything... by anybody? The umpire couldn't ask - it's against the rules. So *who* asked Justine if she raised her hand or not Dee? God, I get so sick of pointing this out.

DeDe4925
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:32 AM
"Own up to" ? How could Justine "own up to anything" when she wasn't *asked* anything... by anybody? The umpire couldn't ask - it's against the rules. So *who* asked Justine if she raised her hand or not Dee? God, I get so sick of pointing this out.

No Ed, she could have volunteered the information. That's not against the rules is it? Anyway, there's no changing my mind on this. I've gotten past this incident. I'm trying to concentrate on hating Maria now. :p

Berlin_Calling
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:37 AM
I saw that. :lol: Damn, talk about looking like a sore loser. That was funny. Serena was trying to say "good match" and Momo quickly withdrew her hand and walked away. Serena was like, WTF??!! :lol:
Its not like Amelie was a total bitch :rolleyes:. She DID say good match, and shes not going to stick around at the net waiting for Serena to shut up already.

faste5683
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:47 AM
No Ed, she could have volunteered the information. That's not against the rules is it? Anyway, there's no changing my mind on this. I've gotten past this incident. I'm trying to concentrate on hating Maria now. :p

Oh, yeah, she could have "volunteered it." How silly of me. What in the hell was I thinking? All these players are regular girl scouts...

Justeenium
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:51 AM

:retard: every time a player sees a ball hit the line but its called out, which I'm sure happens all the time, do they own up to it and admit it was in?

NO. stop being a dumb bitch.

DeDe4925
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:07 AM
:retard: every time a player sees a ball hit the line but its called out, which I'm sure happens all the time, do they own up to it and admit it was in?

NO. stop being a dumb bitch.
Ya mama's a dumb bitch. It's not the same thing, you stupid ****. A person doesn't purposely hit a ball out and expect it to be called in. That bitch Justine raised her hand on purpose while Serena was in service motion, and allowed the umpire to call a fault against her. I'm done with this. Can we let it rest.

DeDe4925
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Oh, yeah, she could have "volunteered it." How silly of me. What in the hell was I thinking? All these players are regular girl scouts...

No, but they should be more sportsmanlike. :rolleyes: