PDA

View Full Version : why Mauresmo is a hypocrite

MarkyMark
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:18 AM
I am not trying to pick on her at all, and this has been the case for various others chasing the number 1 ranking in the past(henin,kimmie,etc) but the minute their chances to become number 1 are erased they act like they were never trying to get to number 1 anyways. check out momo's quote taken from yahoo:

The Frenchwoman had to win the tournament to topple Davenport, who failed to advance to the semifinals. Davenport also ended the year at No. 1 in 1998 and 2001.

``It's not my main concern,'' said Mauresmo, who spent five weeks at the top after the U.S. Open before Davenport surpassed her.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Mauresmo played three tournaments in a row after a injury and was a media whore stating at any opportunity given, that she was dying to become year end number 1. I just hate how some players change their tune the minute they lose.

DD
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:22 AM
You are totally correct, but almost all the players are hyocrite.

MarkyMark
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:27 AM
You are totally correct, but almost all the players are hyocrite.

i agree, when kim passed juju at one point last year to become number one, justine said she didn't care about being number 1 at all. Which is opposite to what she had been saying all year. Even Lindsay after not making it to the sf's at the YEC stated she didn't care about being number one, she cared more about the great year she had, again total hyprocrisy on her part

jaex
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:38 AM
What's the point of this thread any way if you are not picking on her for calling her a hypocrite?

who is the hypocrite here? Geezzz......

SzavayFi
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:40 AM
what kind of a thread is this? Ok most players are hypocrite, they say the all dont mind the rankings, yea right they all of striving hard to improve their ranking....

shap_half
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:44 AM
I think maybe they mean that they didn't care about being number 1 compared to winning the YEC. Both Mauresmo and Henin have been number 1 going into the YEC and i think since they've already achieve that goal, their perspective lies within winning a big event like the YEC.

Of course EVERYONE wants to be #1 and even more so, YEC #1. Don't let anyone tell you different.

MarkyMark
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:56 AM
What's the point of this thread any way if you are not picking on her for calling her a hypocrite?

who is the hypocrite here? Geezzz......

sorry if I was not out right attacking a player like so often happens on this board. I am not picking on her in any sense just stating something I have noticed with her and other players lately. I am entitled to post a thread I think means something to me.

slice
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:09 AM
she's just pissed off coz she had a really great year tennis-wise and lost to some1 who has been playing shit all year compared to what she should be playing like... shows how good serena is and how mauresmo doesnt deserve the number1 ranking... she never wouldve gotten it anyways if henin/kim were injured :rolleyes:

jaex
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Ofcourse you have the right to post thread.

My problem with you is you said and i quote you "i noticed her and OTHER PLAYERS" so since it's not Amelie you have a problem with but others as well why making a thread title only Amelie as a hypocrite! Why singled her out if you are not attacking her?

Don't you think the thread Amelie and other former world number one are hypocrites is more accurate.

MarkyMark
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:23 AM

My problem with you is you said and i quote you "i noticed her and OTHER PLAYERS" so since it's not Amelie you have a problem with but others as well why making a thread title only Amelie as a hypocrite! Why singled her out?

Don't you think the thread Amelie and other former world number one are hypocrites is more accurate if you are not attacking her like you said.

yes you are right, I will re-title it just for you to ensure u sleep better tonight

Hachiko
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Mauresmo is no hypocrite.

jaex
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:28 AM
oh why thank you... :rolleyes:

I guess i will sleep well tonite then! :zzz:

MarkyMark
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:46 AM

My problem with you is you said and i quote you "i noticed her and OTHER PLAYERS" so since it's not Amelie you have a problem with but others as well why making a thread title only Amelie as a hypocrite! Why singled her out if you are not attacking her?

Don't you think the thread Amelie and other former world number one are hypocrites is more accurate.

your totally blowing this thread out of proportion, first of all this was an observation thread I made of amelie and of other players. I even stated kimmie and justine in the post. I never asked for any one to back me up , I realized this was a trend and amelie just happen to be the last person to be a hypocrite when it came this issue. enough said i think