PDA

View Full Version : Are You Guys Going To Be Watching The American Music Awards Tonight?

Freewoman33
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:55 PM
If so, who are your favorites to win?

Favorite Male Artist — Pop or Rock
Josh Groban
Lenny Kravitz
Michael McDonald
Usher

Favorite Female Artist — Pop or Rock
Sheryl Crow
Avril Lavigne
Jessica Simpson

Favorite Band, Duo or Group — Pop or Rock
Evanescence
Nickelback
OutKast

Favorite Album — Pop or Rock
"Feels Like Home" (Norah Jones)
"In This Skin" (Jessica Simpson)
"Confessions" (Usher)

Favorite Male Artist — Soul / Rhythm & Blues Music
R. Kelly
Prince
Ruben Studdard
Usher

Favorite Female Artist — Soul / Rhythm & Blues Music
Beyonce'
Janet Jackson
Alicia Keys

Favorite Album — Soul / Rhythm & Blues Music
"The Diary of Alicia Keys" (Alicia Keys)
"Musicology" (Prince)
"Confessions" (Usher)

AjdeNate!
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I'm only watching the first 6 minutes to see Gwen Stefani perform.

Steam
Nov 14th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Who cares about who wins? I watch to make fun of them.

Martian KC
Nov 14th, 2004, 07:45 PM
This is the worst list of nominees ever.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:09 AM
I am watching it, but it got started off on a bad offt when Gwen Stefani sang that horrible song. I am just watching to see if Venus and Serena are going to presenting.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Jimmy Kimmel had a good monolouge.

Diana Ross was the first present looks very good.

Usher won the first award (Favorite R&B/Soul Male)

The next presenters are Nick Lachey and Kelly Osbourne

Oukast just won for Best Pop/Rock Duo and Band

Williams Shatner is the next presneter

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Shatner presented Jessica Simpson, who sang something I didn't understand

Now a country singer named Kenny Chesney and Uncle Kracker, who apparently didn't take a bath before he came on stage.

CC
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Anna Nicole :scared:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Next up, Ciera and the guy on Desperate Housewives just presented Best Country Duo or Group (Brooks & DUnn won)

A drugged up Annan Nicole Smith just presented a performance by Kanye West and fucked up his name. :lol:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Now a performance by John Mayer (who I can now hear that they fixed the audio problem)

BTW, I think Twista was on stage wiht Kayne. He was dressed as an ugly chick.

CC
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:43 AM
I can't believe I gave up on watching Desperate Housewives last week and now it's not on.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Ashanti and Linkin Park are presenting the Best Rap Hip Hop Album (OutKast won).

I love when people win and they promote, promote, promote!!

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Lil' Flip and JoJo just presented the award for Best R&B/Soul Female Artist (Alicia Keys won)

American Idol 1 winner Kelly Clarkson and Kenny G presneted a performance by Rod Stewart. He is singing old folks songs.

BTW, I think someone is giong to call the FCC tomorrow regarding a joke host Jimmy Kimmel made aobut Anna Smith and Uncle Kracker.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:02 AM
David Koz made a surprise apperamce to accompany Rod Stewart.

Now Alicia Keys is singing. So far, the best peformance of the night.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Now Pamela Anderson and Big Boi are presenting the Best Pop/Rock Album (Usher won).

grmbl
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Now a performance by John Mayer (who I can now hear that they fixed the audio problem)

I wanna see that!! He's my hero, he's awesome.. He did 'Daughters'?

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Someone named Mike just presnet a performance by a country artist named Gretchen Wilson.

Jenny McCarthy and Gene Simmons just presented the best Alternative Band or Album (Linkin Park won).

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:19 AM
I wanna see that!! He's my hero, he's awesome.. He did 'Daughters'?
Unless you saw it or taped it, you missed it.

grmbl
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Unless you saw it or taped it, you missed it.
Im not able to see the show.. lol.. Im in Holland.. :wavey:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Billy Idol just presented a performance by Snoop Dogg and Pharaell.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Kobe Brynat is presenting the award for Favoroite Soul/R&B Album (Usher won).

BTW, Kobe got mostly applause, but some boos.

Ryan
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Aaah! I love Gwen, she's fucking hot and really CAN sing live, but that "thing" tonight was awful. She tried to put way too much 'spin' on it for my liking. Diana Ross needs to die, or at least get off the crack she was smoking. Jessica Simpson can also sing amazing, but tonight was :eek:.

harloo
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Did Fantasia perform yet? I'm on the west coast so no show until 8.:rolleyes:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:40 AM
American Idol 2 runner-up Clay Aiken and Kathy Griffin presented the Favorite Male Country award (Toby Keith won).

Nicolette Sheridan and Eva Longoria (Depserate Housewives) just presneted the Award of Merit to Bon Jovi. They are performing right now.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Aaah! I love Gwen, she's fucking hot and really CAN sing live, but that "thing" tonight was awful. She tried to put way too much 'spin' on it for my liking. Diana Ross needs to die, or at least get off the crack she was smoking. Jessica Simpson can also sing amazing, but tonight was :eek:.
that Diana Ross comment was a bit harsh (that she needs to die) but the rest of what you said about her was :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ryan
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:52 AM
that Diana Ross comment was a bit harsh (that she needs to die) but the rest of what you said about her was :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, die or at least cut her hair.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Well, die or at least cut her hair.
or you mean change her wig? cause no one seen Dianas real hair ever in her entire life!:eek:

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:55 AM
and by the way, arent we supposed to be calling her Miss Ross?:confused: :confused: theres like some law in the world if some one calls her Diana...well, we cant even go there!:eek: :rolleyes:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:58 AM
I had to reboot, but while I was offline, some group named Velvet Revolver presented the award for the Best Female Pop/Rock Female Artist (Sheryl Crow won; Lance Arnstrong wasn't with her though).

Brian McKnight presnted American Idol 3 winner Fantasia who sang a song I didn't understand. Now a group named Maroon 5 is performing.

Dava
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Urm what has Sheryl Crow released this year...????

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:59 AM
I'm glad i am not watching this mess cause it sure sounds trifling.

i do love maroon5 though but not enough to watch an awards show.

Dava
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:02 AM
I dont understand why Gwen is so hit and miss live :confused:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Macy Gray and Brooks & Dunn presnted the award for Best Hip Hop/Rap Duo or Group (OutKast won).

Dava
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:03 AM
No suprises their...Was Macy high...an award ceremony wouldnt be an award ceremony without Macy doing something dumb.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:05 AM
I'm glad i am not watching this mess cause it sure sounds trifling.

i do love maroon5 though but not enough to watch an awards show.

Truer words ahve never been spoken.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Truer words ahve never been spoken.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

i dont watch it but i am sitting here reading about it so go figure...so much for logic huh?:scratch:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Urm what has Sheryl Crow released this year...????
She might have released somehting late in 2003 (late October). If she did, then it was eligible for an award.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:08 AM
She might have released somehting late in 2003 (late October). If she did, then it was eligible for an award.
she had her greatest hits thing out with that song "first cut is the deepest' which one station here still plays to DEATH like its a # 1 song of all time or something:mad:

Dava
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Wasent it like her Greatest hiTs though...oh well I guess these are the peoples awards.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:09 AM
No suprises their...Was Macy high...an award ceremony wouldnt be an award ceremony without Macy doing something dumb.
I don't think she was high.

BTW, Janet Jackson was just on presenting a performance by Alicia Keys and Usher. She got a nice repsonse from the audience.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Wasent it like her Greatest hiTs though...oh well I guess these are the peoples awards.
Maybe so, but if there was a new song on the album, then it was eligible for an award.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I don't think she was high.

BTW, Janet Jackson was just on presenting a performance by Alicia Key and Usher. She got a nice repsonse from the audience.
Was Tara Reid with her? that would be quite the combo:p :eek:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Now on, Teena Marie (who gave a shout out to the late Rick James) and a group named Switchfoot presented the award for Best Country Album (Toby Keith won).

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Now, Mandy Moore is on presenting an appearane by Josh Grobin.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Was Tara Reid with her? that would be quite the combo:p :eek:
Tara Reid was nowhere to be found. Only people who are famous or used to be famous are on this show tonight:p .

CC
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Gosh, why do I always feel jealous when Usher and Alicia Keys get so close to kissing?

The first time I saw that video I was like :( Now they're doing it on stage. :rolleyes:

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Now, Mandy Moore is on presenting an appearane by Josh Grobin.
reason # 1,000000 not to watch this mess...and yet you bust on Tara reid for not being famous now or ever before and mandy moore is on???:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Gosh, why do I always feel jealous when Usher and Alicia Keys get so close to kissing?

The first time I saw that video I was like :( Now they're doing it on stage. :rolleyes:
isnt Alicia Keys a lesbian?

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:20 AM

I forgot to mention that Alicia Keys and Usher looked REALLY close at the end of their performance. I think they are really dating.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:22 AM
reason # 1,000000 not to watch this mess...and yet you bust on Tara reid for not being famous now or ever before and mandy moore is on???:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

No offense, but I was trying to make a joke.
Years ago, the American Music Awards used to be able to get A list celebrities. Now they are struggling to get C list celebrities, like most of the ones you see tonight.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:23 AM
No offense, but I was trying to make a joke.
Years ago, the American Music Awards used to be able to get A list celebrities. Now they are struggling to get C list celebrities, like most of the ones you see tonight.
i knew you were joking, as i was joking back with the mandy moore comment.;)

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:25 AM
That's the rumor, but she denies that she is.

BTW someone named Jamie is presenting the American Music Award that was voted on by the fans called the T-Mobile Award. Kenny Chesney won:confused: .

CC
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:25 AM
I don't know if she is. Apparently she's dating some mystery gentleman that I've never seen her with.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Now, Michael McDonald is presenting a performance by Toby Keith.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:26 AM
I don't know if she is. Apparently she's dating some mystery gentleman that I've never seen her with.
good lord...some mystery gentleman??? so shes got a Stedman too?:lol: :lol:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:27 AM
i knew you were joking, as i was joking back with the mandy moore comment.;)
Oh, OK:)

CC
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:27 AM
I forgot to mention that Alicia Keys and Usher looked REALLY close at the end of their performance. I think they are really dating.
I thought he was dating Naomi Campbell.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:28 AM
I dont think Usher 'dates' anyone, he just tears it UP! and boy oh boy, i'd like some of that mess:p

CC
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:29 AM
good lord...some mystery gentleman??? so shes got a Stedman too?:lol: :lol:
Are you saying Oprah and Gayle are together? :eek: Lol, at what I deduced from your comment.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:29 AM
I thought he was dating Naomi Campbell.
I thought so too.

Mabye he is dating both of them:shrug:.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Are you saying Oprah and Gayle are together? :eek: Lol, at what I deduced from your comment.
No, i just meant that Stedman is about as straight as i am...i doubt hes even seen oprah nekkid.

gayle on the other hand, probably seen it ALL............

harloo
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Sorry but last time I heard Usher was back with Chili on the down low. ;)

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:34 AM
No, i just meant that Stedman is about as straight as i am...i doubt hes even seen oprah nekkid.

I guess you mean that Stedman is gay.

My niece went to college with a woman that knows his family and believe me, he isn't gay.

BTW, I think it is unusual that Gayle is always around Oprah. Doens't she have a man of her own.

CC
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:35 AM

Oooh, I never thought that way about Steddy. In fact, I can't really say I have seen that much of him to make an assessment anyway.

lizchris
Now, John Stamos and Carmen Electra are presenting the Award for New Breakthrough Artist (Gretchen Wilson).

darren cahill
I guess you mean that Stedman is gay.

My niece went to college with a woman that knows his family and believe me, he isn't gay.

BTW, I think it is unusual that Gayle is always around Oprah. Doens't she have a man of her own.
of course i'm only joking but he seems a bit odd to me...

the gayle/oprah thing always reminded me of Whitney and her 'friend' Robin...remember that stuff? that all was shot to shit when she hooked up with Bobby Brown...whitney couldnt have planned that one any better

CC
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Gayle is divorced so she has time to spend with her bestest friend.

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:37 AM
shit, i'd hang with oprah too if i was her, she might decide to spring a brand new car on me too!

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Mercy Me, the winner of the Best Contemporary Christian Act, is presenting the award for the Best Adult Contemporary Artist (Sheryl Crow).

darren cahill
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:38 AM
too much sheryl crow for me....time to roll out...

have fun guys! nice chatting with ya CC and lizchris:wavey:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:39 AM
The Ying Yang Twins, who appear to be semiliterate, are presenting a surprise performance. It is Jamie Foxx singing a Ray Charles song.

UDiTY
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Jamie Foxx is soo freakin' talented it's ridiculous. :worship:

Anyone know the name of the song Josh Groban performed!??! I am kinda in the mood to listen to it.

lizchris
too much sheryl crow for me....time to roll out...

have fun guys! nice chatting with ya CC and lizchris:wavey:
Good night.:wavey:

Nice chatting with you:) .

CC
Goodnight Mr. Cahill.

I dislike Kanye.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Kanye West and Twista just joined Jamie Foxx on stage.

What the fuck is Twista saying?

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:44 AM

Doesn't Gayle have children?

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:47 AM
There are really people who watch that?

Watch what?

Martian KC
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:49 AM
This is such a travesty.

harloo
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:49 AM
There are really people who watch that?
:lol:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Now Tony Perkins from Good Morning America is presenting special footage from teh Beateles that has not been seen in America in 40 years. There was a speech (on film) from Ringo Starr.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:54 AM
Host Jimmy Kimmell just presented the awards for:

Best Female Country Artist (Reba McIntyre won).

Best Pop/Rock Artist (Usher won).

Oneofakind0490
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Was Serena and Venus on? If Serena was not on thats good because she needs all the rest she can get.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Well, the show is over and it was worse than last year. Plus I am angry that they didn't do a special tribute to the artists that died between last year's show and this year's show:fiery: .

BTW, the favoite Latin Artist award went to Marc Anthony adn the favorite R&B/ Hip Hop Male artist went to Jay-Z.

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Was Serena and Venus on? If Serena was not on thats good because she needs all the rest she can get.
Thanks for reminding me. Venus and Serena WERE NOT on the American Music Awards. Mabye next year they will be on.

Justin
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Usher :drool:

lizchris
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:12 AM
BTW, at the end of the show, they dedicated the show to the memory of someone named Wendy Charles Acey. According to the Internet Movie DataBase, she was an associate director on TV shows and specials. She was 54 years old and suffered from cancer.