PDA

View Full Version : the doors?

Grohl
Nov 14th, 2004, 07:07 AM
although i'm only 20, I've been a big fan of the doors. And I was wondering if there are other people who hadn't been born when the doors were hot, but still like 'm, 'cause sometimes I feel like I'm the only one.

Volcana
Nov 14th, 2004, 07:28 AM
I didn't discover The Doors til long after Jim Morrison was dead. Then, around 1985 I heard 'Shaman's Blues' and I was totally hooked! It's all so much overlapping poetry you can get lost in it. I've listened to 'The Soft Parade' over and over for hours. I used to perform 'End of the Night', 'The End', 'Soul Kitchen', 'When the Music's Over', 'Peace Frog', 'The Spy', 'Cars Hiss by My Window', and 'Riders on the Storm'. Not that I was any fucking good, but the music spoke to me so much I had to play it, and I was still fooling myself I'd have a career as a performer in those days.

MisterQ
Nov 14th, 2004, 07:34 AM
they aren't my absolute favorite, but I've always liked the Doors. :cool:

rand
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:37 AM
ditto

AjdeNate!
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:50 AM
I like them, I even tried to find Jim's grave - but I was alone, it was dark, and I had a cracked out hooker following me. True story.

"Sluggy"
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:32 AM
i visit Jims grave sometimes in paris here. i like the doors, but their musicals solos tend to bore me. jims lyrics are great though.