PDA

View Full Version : Can any one help me?

Carolina Girl
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:29 AM
I have two essays to write to put to my application to try to get into governor's school..the topics are:

Identify and discuss one significant problem or issue in contemporary culture that concerns you: some of the dimensions of this issue, why it matters to you, and what possible solutions you or others might propose to deal with it

Discuss an important 20th or 21st century idea in math and explain how it has influenced your thought and/or action.

I can handle the first essay ok, but the second one has me dumbfounded, i have no clue what to write about..any sugguestions?

kabuki
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Although it is sometimes considered "soft math" statistics and probablility affects you every day. Shopping, elections, marketing, urban planning, etc.

MisterQ
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:59 AM
that's tricky... If you know much about chaos theory, there are a lot of philosophical implications for everyday life. (But if you don't know much about it, probably best not to go there... ;) )

jelena4me
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:29 AM
ergh, not really, I think thats a ridiculous question and I should tell them so.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:05 PM
omg, they sound shit :bolt:

Sorry Mandy :hug:

thalle
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:33 PM
i have no idea, but i wish you good luck and hope you get in:)

Mrs.Safin
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:49 PM
You have to write essays to get into college. That's pretty tough. When my big sister applied for Liverpool uni, she just had to write a paragraph about why she wanted to be on that course, and that was it.

~{X}~
Nov 14th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Sorry Mandy...I would help but I myself have 4 papers to write in the next 2 weeks. :( I think I am going to cry.

jelena4me
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:30 AM
You have to write essays to get into college. That's pretty tough. When my big sister applied for Liverpool uni, she just had to write a paragraph about why she wanted to be on that course, and that was it.For Liverpool Uni Im surprised you had to prove you could write.