PDA

View Full Version : Favorite female POP act

Kathy Rinaldi
Nov 13th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Again not a conclusive list as you're only allowed 10 options and again it's only a bit of general interest - no anal retentive types posting " I can't believe you're calling ****** pop" etc. in Ms Rinaldi's thread.

Sample hits for each :

Emma Bunton : What Took You So Long / Free Me / Maybe
Geri Halliwell : Mi Chico Latino / Lift Me Up / Ride It
Britney Spears : Toxic / Oops I Did It Again / Slave 4 U
Madonna : Holiday / Like A Prayer / Ray Of Light
P!nk : Most Girls / Just Like A Pill / God Is A DJ
Kylie Minogue : Hand On Your Heart / Can't Get You Out Of My Head / Slow
Sophie Ellis Bextor : Murder On The Dancefloor / Get Over You / Mixed Up World
Melanie C : Never Gonna Be The Same Again / I Turn To You / On The Horizon
Dannii Minogue : All I Wanna Do / Who Do You Love Now / I Begin To Wonder
Christina Aguilera : Genie In A Bottle / Dirrty / Beautiful

BehavingBadly
Nov 13th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Lene Lovich.......

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 13th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Britney all the way. Everytime, Toxic and Slave 4 U are some of the best pop songs ever.

I hate Madonna even though Like A Prayer, Virgin, Into The Groove are all time classics!

SilK
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Xtina... and Kylie :hearts:

tennisIlove09
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Celine :hearts:
Britney :hearts:

Avid Merrion
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Madonna, without a doubt!

maybe when the other ladies listed here have successful careers spanning 20+ years, they can be mentioned in the same breath as Madge, the Queen of pop! :bowdown: :D

jrm
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Eva Cassidy

flyingmachine
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Personal favourite = Kylie Minogue :D
However
The All Time Great = Madonna :devil:

raquel
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:55 PM

maybe when the other ladies listed here have successful careers spanning 20+ years, they can be mentioned in the same breath as Madge, the Queen of pop! :bowdown: :D
Kylie, without a doubt! :p

Kylie's nearly at the 20 year mark and has actually had her best years in from 2000 on. Madonna's best years, as great as they were, were late 1980s/early 1990s and her last album was just terrible.

I have been with Kylie since the Charlene days (wasn't Neighbours amazing back then?!) and her new single is one of her best yet - working with the Scissors :worship: while Madonna is reduced to guest star on bad Britney songs these days. Kylie rocks! :rocker2:

jrm
Nov 13th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Maddie really lost me with Music and American Life and all that eastern crap

Cersei
Nov 13th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Pink :D

Allez-H
Nov 13th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Difficult but I'll take Christine for her beautiful voice and beautiful album

Avid Merrion
Nov 13th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Kylie, without a doubt! :p

Kylie's nearly at the 20 year mark and has actually had her best years in from 2000 on. Madonna's best years, as great as they were, were late 1980s/early 1990s and her last album was just terrible.

I have been with Kylie since the Charlene days (wasn't Neighbours amazing back then?!) and her new single is one of her best yet - working with the Scissors :worship: while Madonna is reduced to guest star on bad Britney songs these days. Kylie rocks! :rocker2:
:lol: i was waiting on someone to pick up on the fact that Kylie was nearly at 20 years too. might have known it would've been you :p

yes Madonna's last album wasn't her best, but still beats early Kylie stuff, no doubt! :p :lol: Kylie only became good after she started sleeping with Michael Hutchence, before that she was pants imo :lol: :p

if it's any consolation to you, although it probably isn't ;) , Kylie is 2nd on my list :D

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 13th, 2004, 11:08 PM
from the list:

1. Dannii
2. Birtney
3. Kylie/Christina

but my absolutely faves are Delta Goodrem and Jessica Simpson :hearts:

jenny161185
Nov 13th, 2004, 11:54 PM
had to pick Madonna when i saw her on the list , I really like American life I thought it was a really good album maybe not as mainstream as others , I dont know how anyone can say madonnas glory days were in late 80s/early 90s , have you listened to ray of light! brilliant and it sold something like 12 million .

I really like Christina now though,what an amazing album cant wait for her next

MLF
Nov 14th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I chose the lovely Dannii Minogue

http://www.eforu.com/cards/pictures/danniiminogue/dm8.jpg

Paneru
Nov 14th, 2004, 03:53 AM
None of the above

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 14th, 2004, 05:57 AM
I gotta go with Christina ...that chile can sing her hind parts off.....Jojo can sing her ass off too...but she just come out. Britney just Xerox everything Janet Jackson does.

bionic71
Nov 14th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Have to say Madonna without question.

Anyone that can maintain a career in the fickle POP industry since 1983 is the clearly the outstanding name on this list.

Just as Madonna has Debbie Harry and Chrissie Hynde to thank for paving the way before her...the pop-tarts on this list have Madonna to thank for setting the pace before them.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 14th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I voted for Sophie :) I don't like most out there and she just brings something more unique than most others.

Stijn
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Kylie Minogue

Pamela Shriver
Nov 14th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Madonna is number 1. And she copied my styles.

Joana
Nov 14th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Madonna obviously.Nobody else on that list will ever make something similar to "Like a Prayer".

darren cahill
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:10 PM
madonna:worship:

King Aaron
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:15 PM
P!nk...yeah baby! :yeah: :kiss: I wouldn't necessarily call her pop but she doesn't care, why should I? ;) :worship:

Did I spell 'necessarily' correctly? I always get it wrong. :lol:

OUT!
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Madonna Queen of Pop :D

!<blocparty>!
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Mariah?

OUT!
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:23 PM

maybe when the other ladies listed here have successful careers spanning 20+ years, they can be mentioned in the same breath as Madge, the Queen of pop! :bowdown: :DMarco and raquel - are you watching Madonna tonight, being inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on C4 at 9pm? :worship:

OUT!
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:07 AM

Anyone that can maintain a career in the fickle POP industry since 1983 is the clearly the outstanding name on this list.

Just as Madonna has Debbie Harry and Chrissie Hynde to thank for paving the way before her...the pop-tarts on this list have Madonna to thank for setting the pace before them.Hey Shane! :kiss: I think Madonna's first single was released in 1982. ;) :)

bionic71
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Hey Shane! :kiss: I think Madonna's first single was released in 1982. ;) :)Indeed...the 12" , double A sided single, single of "Everybody"/"Physical Attraction" was first issued in late 82 and then re-issued in 1983....

My first visual memory of Madonna was 1983...I saw the video to "Burning Up" on an early morning music show and decided that Olivia Newton John was no longer my hero!!!!

OUT!
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:22 AM
My first visual memory of Madonna was 1983...I saw the video to "Burning Up" on an early morning music show and decided that Olivia Newton John was no longer my hero!!!!Yeah me too! :lol: Although I think I liked Dolly Parton when I was a little boy.

Grachka
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Vanessa Carlton anyone? :)

Avid Merrion
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:27 AM

Just as Madonna has Debbie Harry and Chrissie Hynde to thank for paving the way before her...the pop-tarts on this list have Madonna to thank for setting the pace before them.
:worship: couldn't have put it better myself :)

Dava
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I voted Kylie but Christina is a close second and I love the Stripped album...Ive been buying Kylie since the age of 3 though so...

Hachiko
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Madonna.

Dava
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Mariah?Good question actually...

If Mariah was there then she would definalty get my vote.

Randy H
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Shania :hearts:

On the list, I picked Kylie, but I also love Madonna, Emma, Sophie, Dannii, and Christina...plus some others who didn't make the list like Mariah and Anastacia :)

jelena4me
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:38 AM
What, no Victoria Beckham?????????????

Zhao
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:45 AM
no mariah carey????????????

Mr_Molik
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:08 AM
none of the above :p
but if i had to choose one id go with aussie spirit and vote for kylie :yeah:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:23 AM
x-tina without a doubt!

Experimentee
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Mariah Carey, Geri Halliwell, Christina Aguilera.

Barrie_Dude
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Of this group, Madonna! She is far and away the most talented. Though I would much prefer to see Sheryl Crowe

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Britney.............

Emola
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Britney.............
shocking :eek: :lol: :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:37 PM
shocking :eek: :lol: :p
I bet you were debating whether i chose her or Frankie from S Club 8 weren't you :p

Emola
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:38 PM
That is absolutely what I was thinking. How did you know :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:40 PM
I'm a bloody genius, that's how i know :p

Emola
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Coz you know everything right :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:45 PM
You're learning ;)

Emola
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:47 PM
:kiss: :bowdown: :worship:

Im a fast learner :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:48 PM
S-L-O-W

It's taken you 2 years to work out :rolleyes:

Emola
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Dont even try and pretend this is the first time I've grovelled :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Dont even try and pretend this is the first time I've grovelled :p
:confused:

You're thinking of snoop ;)

Emola
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:59 PM
easily confused :o I dont notice faces anymore and rarely bother with names :sad: :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:05 AM
I just asked them to open their legs, look at the pattern and say 'ahhhhhhhhhh yes, you again' ;)

Not really, i have only the one ;)

Emola
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:07 AM
the pattern? :p David, we are ruining this thread, get yourself on msn ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Yeah, a Brazilian or whatever :lol: I will do soon, let me go get food and make her upstairs another lemsip :lol: Damn cold, means i'm not getting it :lol:

Cuckoo
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Out of the list, Madonna, defintly.

Out of the all time broads Cher has to be my ultimate favourite, without a doubt, someone who can uphold a pop career for 40 Years, Be the only Woman Star with Hits in ach of the 4 Deckades, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, Be the oldest #1 Artist, have the longest gap between #1's Male or Female and have the second highest earnings behind Paul Mc Cartney.

...Someone who has won an Oscar for best actress beating the likes of Meryl Streep and Susan Sarandon in 87 for Moonstruck (Think it was 87) is defintly someone who has the star quality and the talent to burst to be able to have a roller coaster career and at the end, come out of it on a high deserves a thumbs up.

OUT!
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Yay the majority admire Madonna the most :D

TimBo
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:27 PM
I agree with the comments concerning Cher, but she hasnt had a single out in a while. However, I've loved all that she has done.

I voted for Britney, but I really honestly like all on the list. X-tina, Madonna, Kylie.. .they are all great.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Vanessa Carlton anyone? :)

Sorry Graham, No1 has agreed with ya so far :p :p.

(Numerous people have mentioned your REAL fave - Mariah :p :angel: :tape: )

jean_genie
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:14 PM
I chose the lovely Dannii Minogue

http://www.eforu.com/cards/pictures/danniiminogue/dm8.jpg

Who wouldn't choose her? :lol:

LucasArg
Nov 19th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Go Christina!:worship:

LucasArg
Nov 22nd, 2004, 06:21 AM
:bounce: :bounce: bump

Belgium = Best
Nov 24th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Sophie Ellis-Bextor, but: also Britney, Christina and Kylie! :)

heidi2
Dec 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
QUEEN KYLIE FOREVER! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :worship:

http://www.gqmagazine.co.uk/girls/Kylie_Minogue_IV/slides/1.jpg

http://www.gqmagazine.co.uk/girls/Kylie_Minogue_IV/slides/2.jpg

gRaFiC
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:09 AM
kylie but of course!!!!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Bugger, this is old, I went to vote and I already had :rolleyes:

shirley
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Madonna, for me all the way. But I'm also a fan of Britney, Kylie, Pink and I like some of Sophie's songs and Melanie C's earlier material.

daffodil
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:04 PM
So much respect for Madonna, but Christina Aggi all the way.

andrew_uk
Jun 4th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I love Kylie but nobody beats Alisha's Attic :lol:

Although they had huge success with their debut album, their publishers gave them bad promotion after and subsequently another talented band was wasted, and you don't get lots of talented female artists everyday.

Tori Amos, Alanis Morrisette and many other females are missing from this poll, but I suppose it's just a pop poll :o :p

darren cahill
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Out of the list, Madonna, defintly.

Out of the all time broads Cher has to be my ultimate favourite, without a doubt, someone who can uphold a pop career for 40 Years, Be the only Woman Star with Hits in ach of the 4 Deckades, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, Be the oldest #1 Artist, have the longest gap between #1's Male or Female and have the second highest earnings behind Paul Mc Cartney.

...Someone who has won an Oscar for best actress beating the likes of Meryl Streep and Susan Sarandon in 87 for Moonstruck (Think it was 87) is defintly someone who has the star quality and the talent to burst to be able to have a roller coaster career and at the end, come out of it on a high deserves a thumbs up.

well, Cher did win an Oscar that year, but not over Susan Sarandon....the other 4 were Streep, Glen Close for Fatal Attraction, Holly Hunter for Broadcast news and Sally Kirkland for Anna...Kirkland was a dark horse who a lot of people thought might pull an upset, it was pure classic camp to watch her roll her eyes when Chers name was announced.

timray
Aug 10th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Out of the list, Geri Halliwell.

Maria Croft
Aug 10th, 2005, 02:05 PM
X-Tina !!

*Karen*
Aug 10th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Madonna's my faviourite but only her stuff from the 80's. I like Kylie and Christina too.

sarza
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Madonna :hearts:

tapout
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:55 PM
That poll is useless no Alizee option:(
so I voted Sophie Ellis Bextor.

andrew_uk
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM
From this list I would put Kylie at the top followed by Madonna.

However all acts listed here are popular commercially, there are many wonderful female acts who are far better but fit more in to the alternative genre such as Bjork, Kate Bush, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, Alisha's Attic, Shakespear's Sister, Tori Amos and Alanis Morisette. I have my fingers crossed for Shelly Poole - who is receiving very postive reviews so far (her music is due to be released in a month's time).

I have gone off Sophie Ellis Bextor a bit, I like some of her songs, but one of my songwriter friends who has worked with her found her personality to be unbearably rude - so rude in fact that she had to discontinue working with her after the 1st day :tape:

R&J
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:50 PM

Madonna for me as well :yeah:

@m@nd@
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:28 AM
none of the above :p