PDA

View Full Version : venus vs. serena in semis: result?

RAA
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:09 PM
so, assuming that all goes as it should, there will be a serena / venus semifinal.
I, for one, think that Serena may be able to beat Venus this time. I think that Serena might be hungrier than Venus right now. Venus has won three tournies already this year. She attained her goal of getting the #1 ranking. She might be sort of cruising until the French... on the other hand, Serena got injured early this year and came back with a vengeance, knocking off hingis and capriati in scottsdale. you'd think she would be just psyched to show her stuff again in Miami. maybe she has a bit more motiviation RIGHT NOW than Venus?...
what do people think? I'm interested in other opinions... sometimes when I see Serena play I can't believe that ANYONE can beat her, even her big sis.
Ruth in philly pa usa

QueenO
Mar 19th, 2002, 06:57 PM
You may be right. Which ever Williams win I am fine

Infiniti2001
Mar 20th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Sorry , but I gotta go with Big Sis here... She has more at stake , so I have a feeling she will take it to lil sis in pretty much the same fashion as at the US Open ( the jam serves work wonders) -- only this time she will leave her footprints on her butt <evil grin> Go Venus!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Jovon
Mar 20th, 2002, 02:41 AM
I think this will be a tough call, if they should both make it to the semis. I would go with Venus just because of the H2H record, but it seems Serena means business if you go by her last tournament. I would like Venus to win so she can defend her title but I would have no problem with Serena picking up where Venus left off.

oh yeah, I am not sure who will win.:D

GrandSlammed
Mar 20th, 2002, 02:44 AM
Venus will win... in straight sets. Maybe Serena will force a tie-break... but nothing more.

I only hope that, Venus and Serena show up at this tournament, playing CLEAN all-court tennis from the first match. Sure... they win inspite of errors nearly in triple digits... but it's gotten tired. Time to improve. I'm growing tired of sitting, and watching their games breakdown, after winning the first set.

It's ELEVATION time... improve or perish.

GOODLUCK to both... my money is on Big V to, "Keep It Williams!"

Ntosake
Mar 20th, 2002, 03:17 AM
RAA,

If they both come thru to face the other, my mind will say Venus, but my heart will say Serena. And anytime they play each other, it's agony for me because I know someone will have to lose.

It must be triple time agony for the two of them, because they are sisters. I think perhaps Serena needs more than motivation to beat Venus though. She has to overcome the "big sister syndrone" and sneak in a few things on V. She certainly has all the tools to win, so it's mostly mental I think.(and love for her big sis too:) )

Becool
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:09 PM
I'm so sad for Serena if it's happen :sad:

I really want a high quality match, and I realy want Serena to overcome her Sis's problem... It's been affecting her all time they face each other, and doesn't matter if Serena is playing he best tennis of her life, it's so sad to see Serena with no reaction against Venus...

I hope she does can handle to win this time, it's gonna be tough.. It's all for Venus to reach finals again, only Serena can defeat her, and I hope she does :)

Gooooo Rena!

moon
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:46 PM
I think it'll be Venus in 3 sets.
Serena will come out blazin, but she won't have as much of a melt down as she did at USO. But still, Vee will keep it together and will eek out the win. :)

Deira
Mar 20th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Woe is me :sad:

One part of me (the big part) hopes they both get there, and the other part can't bear to watch them play each other. I still have two of their matches on tape and just can't watch them ... woe, woe, woe

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Williams Rulez
Mar 21st, 2002, 01:46 AM
I dunno who to root for if that happens... sigh...

TeeRexx
Mar 21st, 2002, 10:37 AM
C'mon, let's face the facts.
SERENA is a very good player, but her sister is on her way to becoming one of the all time tennis greats.

Maybe later this year SERENA may get that win ovr big sis, but if they play in the semis, look for VENUS to come out the winner.

Infiniti2001
Mar 21st, 2002, 01:49 PM
Couldn't have said it any better Tee... I really like Serena, but I'm annoyed with her... To me tennis is not her first priority... If she showed up more often, she would not have to play against her sis in the semis :P

Becool
Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:37 PM
Infiniti what u said has no sense...

Serena don't make the draw, she didn't choose to face Venus on semis! Imagine if she is playing more frequently, and she is the third or fourth seed... She would face Venus anyway, it's not about the rankings...

Serena is the favourite in that draw, being seed or not seed..The problem is that she will have to play Venus

And if tennis wasn't her priority, she wouldn't be playing now... :rolleyes:

seems u don't like her

victory1
Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:26 PM
If Cappy loses early, I hope Serena wins over Vee (Rena needs a few wins over big sis to gain confidence;) ), if Cappy make it past the quarters then I'm with Venus all the way, Serena can take Amelia Island!!! But as long as both make it to the semis, I will be happy because I know one of them will win the title!!!:bounce:

Infiniti2001
Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:06 PM
Infiniti what u said has no sense...

Blah, Blah, blah... GO Venus :P

QueenO
Mar 23rd, 2002, 12:53 AM
I just want a 3 sets of good tennis :bounce: :bounce: :) :) :) :) :)

victory1
Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:11 AM
QueenO when it comes to the Williams sisters total domination is what I pray for ;) , you can have a 3 set game by any player without the name of Williams!!:D

RAA
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:56 PM
hey - just want to point out that I predicted (although I hedged) this win over venus correctly!!
(my predictions are hardly ever right, so that's the only reason I'm posting this!)

I still believe when serena is playing her BEST, she's better than her sister. Venus is, of course, the more accomplished player right now, and clearly her mental toughness is where she is head and shoulders above Serena.
but serena is making a SERIOUS run this year..

anyway, congrats to both of them for their play in the tourney.
and here's to serena winning it ALL!

GrandSlammed
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:37 AM
I'm just grateful that it was SERENA that put Venus out of her misery here...

Venus' play here has been miserable.:rolleyes:

Jovon
Mar 29th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Its harsh to say but I agree, GrandSlammed!

She did not seem herself in this tourney!:sad:

But she will be back next tourney, I am sure of it!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: