PDA

View Full Version : Will poor Scott Hamilton ever get a break?

Helen Lawson
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:27 PM
This guy, he's so nice, does anything go right for him?

Take from me, brain tumors are a serious business.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/more/11/11/hamilton.brain.tumor.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Sally Struthers
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:31 PM
He seems like a nice guy and all. I wish him the best. But I can't help but thinking maybe with figure skating ratings in the basement this is the sort of thing needed to give them a little boost. They really need a Tonya/Nancy incident again.

Helen Lawson
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:40 PM
I thought Nancy Kerrigan was a total bitch and I'm glad she lost to that Russian girl at the Olympics and who later became an alcoholic. Plus I thought she looked like Jeffrey Dahmer.

Tonya, what can I say, the only way I see her back on top is to like marry a Kurt Cobain type and hope he kills himself and she gets loads of money.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I thought Nancy Kerrigan was a total bitch and I'm glad she lost to that Russian girl at the Olympics and who later became an alcoholic. Plus I thought she looked like Jeffrey Dahmer.

Tonya, what can I say, the only way I see her back on top is to like marry a Kurt Cobain type and hope he kills himself and she gets loads of money.
why was nancy a bitch???i liked her!

Helen Lawson
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:16 PM
She just had a snotty, rich girl look to her. And then she went to Disney with the medal and acted like a spoiled little pill.

Sally Struthers
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:19 PM
The look on ole horeseface .. i mean Nancy's face... when the drunk russian won the gold was priceless

Helen Lawson
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:28 PM
It was, so damn bitter and angry. At least I put on a happy face when I lost all those Oscars, but Nancy is no actress. Was it just me, or did Nancy look about as graceful on ice as Lindsay Davenport does on red clay? That drunk Russian girl looked like poetrry in motion, she deserved to win.

The thing I loved most about the whole Nancy/Tonya thing was that they tried to make it like they were the only ones in contention to get the Gold Medal, I mean, the drunk Russian girl was the favorite to win the Gold like months before the clubbing.

Didn't Nancy like break up her agent's marriage and marry him and he's like 20 years older?

Sally Struthers
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:34 PM
yes. Nancy's not all sugar and spice and everything nice. She truly was an Ice Queen in every sense of the word. Homewrecker. Tramp. Slut. I had to stop watching ER because one of the nurses looked like her.

I always liked Tonya even though I think she knew about the clubbing. I mean come on. Her act was totally unbelievable. She was probably the mastermind. She had a hard life and deserves to get a break. It's not easy going from trailer trash, to ice princess, to felon, back to trailer trash, and then to celebrity boxer.

Martian KC
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Holy crap, he has either the worst luck or the worst genes. All the best, Scott!

Helen Lawson
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:57 PM
There's a certain quality to Tonya that has prevented me from totally hating her, even though I, too, am convinced she knew all about the clubbing. Her life was a Jerry Springer show and it's too bad that even though she got out of that life financially (for a time) she never got out of it socially and it cost her her career and now she's back flat broke.
I never saw that Jeff Gilloolie tape, I read he's like packing 10 inches or something. Tonya knows how to pick them.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I didn't like Nancy as a skater. Oksana was much better :yeah:

Sally Struthers
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:09 PM
There's a certain quality to Tonya that has prevented me from totally hating her, even though I, too, am convinced she knew all about the clubbing. Her life was a Jerry Springer show and it's too bad that even though she got out of that life financially (for a time) she never got out of it socially and it cost her her career and now she's back flat broke.
I never saw that Jeff Gilloolie tape, I read he's like packing 10 inches or something. Tonya knows how to pick them.

You know, I think that more of us can relate to Tonya than Nancy and her perfect image.