PDA

View Full Version : Does your best friend consider you his/her best friend as well?

Navratilove
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:31 PM
The other day, I asked the buy whom I had always though was my best friend ( I still believe he is ) if he also reckoned me was his best friend.
After a brief consideration, he shook his head and said "well, to level with you, you're sorta weird and it's hard for me to see ya that way.. sorry mate."
I was soooooooo fuckin hurt! By the way, he looked more or less disgusted when I told him that he was my best friend (that was before I asked him the question ). Anyways, this kinda shit can happen to anyone can't it?

OUT!
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Anyways, this kinda shit can happen to anyone can't it?Yes. My best friend is no longer my best friend since he started dating this awful guy. I hate his boyfriend and his boyfriend hates me. If I like apples, his boyfriend likes oranges. I pray every day that they break up so that we can be best friends again :D

SilK
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:37 PM
You know... Best Friendships are DOOMED... NEVER Be Best Friends with somebody! I have multiple very good friends... There is non really 'my best one'. It's like having 6 kids and picking a favorite!

OUT!
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:40 PM
No Silas have to disagree. I've been thorugh so much with my best friend and confided so much in him, that he is irreplaceable. A best friend is not the same as a child - they're less annoying and you can kick them out at the end of a day.

Fantastic
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:16 PM
The other day, I asked the buy whom I had always though was my best friend ( I still believe he is ) if he also reckoned me was his best friend.
After a brief consideration, he shook his head and said "well, to level with you, you're sorta weird and it's hard for me to see ya that way.. sorry mate."
I was soooooooo fuckin hurt! By the way, he looked more or less disgusted when I told him that he was my best friend (that was before I asked him the question ). Anyways, this kinda shit can happen to anyone can't it?

That sounds like something that would happen to me, which is why I don't go around professing my friendship for anyone - Just be glad that they're there and leave it at that. Now I have to go find some friends in order to feel that way. ;)

Helen Lawson
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:26 PM
I'm my own best friend, so yes.

"Sluggy"
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:27 PM
I will never have a best friend again. i used to. I disappointed him, and he disappointed me, so now, no best friends except my WIFE. I have a great friend now, but he is only human, i dont need to rank him. he is my friend.

XaDavK_Kapri
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Well I hope so ;) If you read this M-A, you better agree with me :p

tennisIlove09
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I don't know. I tell my best friend he's my best friend all the time :)

skanky~skanketta
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:08 PM
i've had 2 best friends since the first grade. i cant even choose who's the bester one. and yes, i know i'm their best friend too.

Rida and Karen, love u bitches!

King Aaron
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:04 PM
This is one question that I'm dying to know the answer to. It's been in my head for quite sometime. How do you know if your best friend considers you as his best friend? Well I would really like to ask my best friend(s) but I'm afraid the answer would be "No" and that it could change our relationship into something bad. However, I think we should know the answer to it right? I mean, I guess we can tell if they do and don't. Argh, it's so frustrating sometimes. Because of that, I'd rather not know...what if the truth hurts? I think I should be happy to know that they're my best friends. Right?

Dahveed
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
This is one question that I'm dying to know the answer to. It's been in my head for quite sometime. How do you know if your best friend considers you as his best friend? Well I would really like to ask my best friend(s) but I'm afraid the answer would be "No" and that it could change our relationship into something bad. However, I think we should know the answer to it right? I mean, I guess we can tell if they do and don't. Argh, it's so frustrating sometimes. Because of that, I'd rather not know...what if the truth hurts? I think I should be happy to know that they're my best friends. Right?

Would it really hurt though? I have a couple of excellent friends, not sure if i consider them my 'best' friends and i'm not sure if i'm theirs. But what if i'm not? It's not that important as long as they keep being the excellent friends they are to me. I don't need any exclusivity, they can be the great people they are with their other friends too. No need to be selfish about it ;)

Sally Struthers
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:13 PM
If you have to ask, the answer is probably no.

*Jool*
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:14 PM
My best friend (a girl) : yes I am her best friend too , we share a lot

But I don't think I'm the best friend of the one I consider my best male friend, well I'm not sure...

King Aaron
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Would it really hurt though? I have a couple of excellent friends, not sure if i consider them my 'best' friends and i'm not sure if i'm theirs. But what if i'm not? It's not that important as long as they keep being the excellent friends they are to me. I don't need any exclusivity, they can be the great people they are with their other friends too. No need to be selfish about it ;)
Well you share everything with that person and to find out that (that) person doesn't treat you the same, well it will hurt a little right? I get your point, well it's okay if everything is the same but if you were to ask the question and find out the answer is no, and they start acting differently because they know they're your best friend, that's the part that I don't want. I guess if asking them would change the relationship then I'd rather not. I'm afraid it will be affected that's all.

Emola
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:59 PM
I used to have a best friend, and I suppose I still do even though I have quite a large number of close friends. Its nice to have lots of close friends :) And yes I know she does because if she's talking to people about me she says "oh, do you know my best mate Em?"

jenny161185
Nov 12th, 2004, 08:03 PM
My best friend is currently dating a girl who won t let him out of her sights it pretty much drives us all insane - Im all for couples spending time together but this is way too much and we never see him anymore

kikker
Nov 12th, 2004, 08:05 PM
well i hope so :awww:

Dahveed
Nov 12th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Well you share everything with that person and to find out that (that) person doesn't treat you the same, well it will hurt a little right? I get your point, well it's okay if everything is the same but if you were to ask the question and find out the answer is no, and they start acting differently because they know they're your best friend, that's the part that I don't want. I guess if asking them would change the relationship then I'd rather not. I'm afraid it will be affected that's all.
If your friend also shares everything with you then he/she must consider you his/her best friend as well. If not, that person loves you and trusts you a lot and it should be enough for you and it means he/she deserves your friendship and the fact that you consider him/her your best friend.

I used to have a friend who one day told me he considered me his best friend. I was really surprised and flattered cos i didn't consider him as my best friend, it didn't change anything between us though. At that time no one was my best friend, it wasn't really something important to me.

Now i have close friends i would do anything for them and i care so much for them i guess they are my best friends but i don't need them to consider me as their best mate cos in a way i can feel they care about me with some of their comments, trusting, attentions, way of being. In a way you feel the love and friendship and don't really need a confirmation ą la 'i love you more than him or her, you're my best friend blah'..

lol hope you see what i mean! :)

Mrs. Peel
Nov 12th, 2004, 08:51 PM
yes...a dear dear friend I have..we are each other's best friends. We adopted each other as brother and sister many years ago. We don't do everyhting together and have very different lives...but we are locked in and secure with each other.

Mrs. Peel
Nov 12th, 2004, 08:52 PM
I hope you drop his ass from your friend list...:mad: Horrible thing to say! :fiery:

blerr
Nov 12th, 2004, 11:05 PM
I agree with Silas. I have about 10 really really close friends (both guys and girls) and when you just pick one, it's like your isolating yourself from your other friends. Having a bunch of close friends just makes your life one big party! :p

thalle
Nov 12th, 2004, 11:14 PM
I have a best friend. We dont walk around saying it. People just know. I tell her everything, shes so important. Without her, Id be in shit to my neck!

But I know she means more to me than I do to her. I'm sometimes sad about that, but doesnt change how I feel about her, and how important she is for me.

When it comes to boy/girlfriendsships, I cant work with boys. I annoy them!

Joana
Nov 13th, 2004, 12:07 AM
I would never ask such a question. I think it's pretty meaningless, just like asking your boyfriend if he loves you.

Another thing is that, in my opinion, I can't be someone's best friend. I really don't depend on other people. I just can't make myself be close to someone, and it hurt a few people who I considered good friends. I felt like they wanted something from me I wasn't able to give, so I had to go away.

OUT!
Nov 13th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Another thing is that, in my opinion, I can't be someone's best friend. I really don't depend on other people. I just can't make myself be close to someone.That's what I've been telling my boyfriend for the past year and a half but he doesn't get it. :lol: :)
Why are people so possessive? :rolleyes:

Emola
Nov 13th, 2004, 12:20 AM
®T¤AY»']I agree with Silas. I have about 10 really really close friends (both guys and girls) and when you just pick one, it's like your isolating yourself from your other friends. Having a bunch of close friends just makes your life one big party! :p
yeah, same here! I have about 8 or 9 very best friends really. I dont know what Id do without any of them......both male and female.

daniela86
Nov 13th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I have 5 or 6 really good friends but I have not a "best" friend probably because i love people too much to consacrete my friendschip to one person only.I share a lot of things with my friends and our friendship is strong, i know they could do anything for me, so i really don't need more.I don't need an exclusive friendschip, it is too selfish.

sarcasme
Nov 13th, 2004, 02:34 PM
don't really know, haven't got a lot of really good friends, and i only see my best friend ones in 30 days or less, so, maybe you can say i think she's my best friend because we only share sutch a short time together that she's not able to hate me like so many other people do :D

Fantastic
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:45 PM
My best friend is imaginary. I named him Jimmy. He tells me to burn things. I love Jimmy. Jimmy loves me. Except when I cheat at checkers and eat all the potato chips in the house. Jimmy gets so mad that he tortures the cat. The cat doesn't like it when Jimmy pulls his tail and tries to stab him with a pair of scissors. When the cat bleeds, I cry. I hate it when Jimmy makes me cry. Jimmy is bad news. Bad Jimmy. I can't stay mad at Jimmy for long though. He is my best friend. When I told him, he ran and hid in the closet. When I went to look for Jimmy in the closet, he was gone. I haven't seen Jimmy since. I cried. Where has Jimmy gone? Oh, Jimmy, you were my bestest friend in the whole, entire world. Please come back, Jimmy. Sigh. I don't think Jimmy is coming back. Time to make new friends, I suppose. Goodbye, Jimmy. My real friends are much more fun than you. They don't make me burn things. They let me cheat at checkers and eat all the potato chips I want. They don't hurt the cat and they don't run away.

ghosts
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I don't know if I have a best friend now just because I'm in a new country :o :o
I used to have two great friends in my life so far at different times and I believe they also considered me as best friend ;) :)

King Aaron
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:36 PM
If your friend also shares everything with you then he/she must consider you his/her best friend as well. If not, that person loves you and trusts you a lot and it should be enough for you and it means he/she deserves your friendship and the fact that you consider him/her your best friend.

I used to have a friend who one day told me he considered me his best friend. I was really surprised and flattered cos i didn't consider him as my best friend, it didn't change anything between us though. At that time no one was my best friend, it wasn't really something important to me.

Now i have close friends i would do anything for them and i care so much for them i guess they are my best friends but i don't need them to consider me as their best mate cos in a way i can feel they care about me with some of their comments, trusting, attentions, way of being. In a way you feel the love and friendship and don't really need a confirmation ą la 'i love you more than him or her, you're my best friend blah'..

lol hope you see what i mean! :)
:yeah: I see what you mean. :) I'm satisfied with the way things are now anyway. I'm wondering though, should I ask or just leave it as it is since I am okay with the situation now. :confused:

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 13th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Yup i think that my best firend thinks I'm her best firend...I think after 8-9 years of being like 70% of our lives together might have helped that ;)

QuicKyMonSter
Nov 13th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Yes.:D:p

*abby*
Nov 13th, 2004, 09:47 PM
i no for sure that my bestest best friend thinks of me as her bestest best friend we love each other millions!!!!!
i got anutha one tho who is like nearly twice my age lol an she considers me 1 of her best friends :D

Come-on-kim
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:02 PM
I am the best friend of my best girl friend

But I don't know if I am the best friend of my best boy friend, but anyway he doesn't know that I consider him as my best friend ;)

Dahveed
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:06 PM
:yeah: I see what you mean. :) I'm satisfied with the way things are now anyway. I'm wondering though, should I ask or just leave it as it is since I am okay with the situation now. :confused:
If you're okay with the situation, there's absolutely no need to ask. Then again if it's killing you to know, just ask, or better, express your feelings for your friend and see what he/she has to say about it. In any case, i doubt it will be something like 'but i don't even consider you a friend but just an acquaintance' ;) I'm pretty sure you know already without asking!

BehavingBadly
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:16 PM
I have no friends.......

decard
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:47 PM
i was lucky enough to marry my best friend.

kabuki
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:53 AM
If you have to ask, the answer is probably no.

Ex-fucking-actly, Ms. Struthers. I wish I could rep you.

kabuki
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:54 AM
I have no friends.......

:sad:

Dava
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:14 AM
We do now...but its taken a long time for us both to realise that we are each others best friend. We dont see much of each other, but we've been friends for 8 years now so we know when to see each other and how to communicate. Its like we dont even feel the need to talk sometimes. I know its been said in Pulp Fiction...but you know your truly at ease with someone when you can just sit and not feel the need to say a single word.

crazillo
Nov 25th, 2004, 11:13 PM
I HAD three best friends so far. When I was young my neighbour and me did everything together and I do not know the english word, but we called each other "blood brothers" because we once cut our skin and mixed our blood with each other. He went to another school then and our frienship developed into a friendship during the weekends, but he did not get to know my new friends and it was the same with him. IMO, this was the biggest reason why it got less and less. For 8 months we did not have contact at all, but for the last couple of weeks, we started to talk again so maybe we can at least be good buddies again (our talks are still very close for just a buddy though).
I had another best friend whom I got to know in class 7. I had another close friend before who became quite close with him and I was jealous honestly. We lost contact but I had a new one and we became really close. Sadly, we have two very different charecters, I am a bit different from many people, espacially my humour and being ironical quite often while he takes many things too personal and serious. We had a big argument this summer and we reunited but we both arent the same people as we were before. We are just mates ATM. I can still go to him in case there is a problem though.
My third "best friend" is a girl. We were a couple this summer but we broke up and before that we were best friends from her side, for me she was a very good friend, but definitely not a best friend..... On the other hand we could talk about quite a lot of things and well, it is not like if we cannot stand each other, but it is not more than being a normal mate...

I have to admit I lack the best friend and sometimes I do not know where to go to with problems. I do have good friends, very good friends, but it is definitely a strange situation to me. Sometimes my chat mates can help me, I have some really good ones, even two board members and some others, but it is no replacement that is for sure. Since I will leave the area where I am living at at the moment I will keep in contact with the people I consider important in the future and the rest is, honestly, unimportant. You get to know so many new faces that you should learn that the only friend you have forever is yourself.... It is sad, but I got the conclusion it is the only truth.....

crazillo
Nov 25th, 2004, 11:16 PM
BTW, it was hard to me because I am in a big crisis ATM where a best friend would have been supportive....

Experimentee
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I dont have a best friend, just some normal friends. If I had to pick one and ask them if they considered me a best friend they would probably say no (but i wouldnt ask such a thing anyway for that reason).
Once there was a girl who I didnt really like that much who said I was her best friend, that sort of freaked me out and then I stopped speaking to her as much after that. Now I wish I was nicer about it, but back then it just really surprised me and i didnt know what to do.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:21 PM
this whole best friend thing is overhyped. as long as u have ple close to you it should be ok.

PointBlank
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:32 PM
My best friend has:
Jordan and Dana Bestest Friends In The Whole Entire Universe

Everywhere in her agenda for school :p .. I think that answers it

Stamp Paid
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:41 PM
My girl best friend, yeah, she knows and we both call eachother best friends.

Its weird with guys, because I'm closer to what I consider my best guy friend, but we would never say "Youre my best friend" just because we would feel awkward. Its kind of unsaid with my guy best friend.

Martian Stacey
Nov 26th, 2004, 11:45 PM
i had a best friend growing up, and i was hers too. but then we went to different high schools and we didn't really keep in close touch. i haven't spoken to her for quite a while now.

in high school, i had a friend that i considered to be my best friend, but i don't think she really thought of me as her best friend... she might have for a little while, but i don't know. we're still friends now, not best friends, but i don't really see her all that much lately.

kiwifan
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:47 AM
yes. no doubt about it.
Are you forgetting Man Man? :devil: :p :devil:

crazillo
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Yesterday someone told me on MSN I am his best buddy.... I like this person very much, too. I said "Yes, we have become quite close and I consider you as a very good friend, too." But for best friends it is still too early....