PDA

View Full Version : Talk about not knowing when to quit...

nash
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Go ahead, Michael... You'll just ensure that in four years another Republican will be elected President... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/11/film.fahrenheitfollow.ap/index.html
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Michael Moore plans a follow-up to "Fahrenheit 9/11," his hit documentary that assails President Bush over the handling of the September 11 attacks and the war on terrorism, according to a Hollywood trade paper.

Moore told Daily Variety that he and Harvey Weinstein, the Miramax boss who produced the film, hope to have "Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2" ready in two to three years.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them," Moore was quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

A spokesman for Fellowship Adventure Group, formed by Weinstein and brother Bob to help distribute "Fahrenheit 9/11," did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

decemberlove
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:17 PM
michael moore needs to shut the fuck up.

an enlightening documentary that everyone needs to watch is The Fog of War.

Philbo
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Go Michael Moore.. You rule!

harloo
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Go ahead, Michael... You'll just ensure that in four years another Republican will be elected President... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Nah, Micheal Moore docu-dramas won't make a difference. Now if you are talking about the dirty tricks and manipulation of the GOP to win all in the guise of religious fanaticism then you may have something.:lol:

Joana
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:43 PM
I really hate when someone uses populist crap to fight another populist crap. Therefore, Michael Moore just makes me :shrug:

Keith
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Im not a Bush fan by any stretch. That said, I must admit that there is something wrong with watching an obese sarcastic man going on and on about what a bad person Bush is. Surely GWB has some good qualities, but F 9/11 chooses not to show any kind of levity towards the man. I thought the movie was interesting and entertaining, but it's not like GWB is the man that created capitalism. GWB, to me, is a product of our own society. The rich fucking everyone else to become more rich. This is not a 21st century idea. It's been around as long as time. Anyway, Michael Moore is a disgusting human being. I can't see how that movie persuaded people's opinion. I thought it was a childish attempt to hijack our brains into thinking that Bush is the worst person in this world. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat other people. Michael Moore does not come off looking like a martyr from this one.

Justeenium
Nov 12th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Michael Moore probably wanted Bush to win so he could make some more money.

He knows his antics hurt democrats more than republicans.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 12th, 2004, 01:33 AM
He's still turning a profit, isn't he? So why on earth would he quit?

Volcana
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:14 AM
He's still turning a profit, isn't he? So why on earth would he quit?I have noticed they charge for tickets to his movies. I cheerfully pay for those tickets, but I have always assumed he was at least somewhat in it for the money.

DeDe4925
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:21 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/11/film.fahrenheitfollow.ap/index.html
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Michael Moore plans a follow-up to "Fahrenheit 9/11," his hit documentary that assails President Bush over the handling of the September 11 attacks and the war on terrorism, according to a Hollywood trade paper.

Moore told Daily Variety that he and Harvey Weinstein, the Miramax boss who produced the film, hope to have "Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2" ready in two to three years.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them," Moore was quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

A spokesman for Fellowship Adventure Group, formed by Weinstein and brother Bob to help distribute "Fahrenheit 9/11," did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Did you even see Fahrenheit 9/11?

DeDe4925
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Moore is a pathetic obese idiot
Why comment on his weight? What does that have to do with anything? It's a free country, or so it was until Bush got in office and he has a right to make films that expose the truth. A truth that many don't want to see. Besides, MM is not the reason why people voted to put Bush back in office. I'd doubt that those who voted for Bush even saw the movie.

DeDe4925
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Umm well firstly I wasn't the only one who said that so why single me out, and secondly if he truly valued his life he would go out and do something about his weight.
So, you have to insult the man about his weight because you feel he should do something about it, when it has nothing to do with the man's politics. Which is what you disagree with him on. And, that goes for everyone who said something about it, you were just the last one who did.