PDA

View Full Version : Has it really come to this???

nash
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:59 PM
:eek:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138175,00.html

Since the election last week more than a dozen John Kerry supporters in Palm Beach County have taken themselves to a Florida psychologist, suffering from what American Health Association officials are now calling "post-election selection trauma."

Psychologist Douglas Schooler, quoted by the Boca Raton News, says people he saw were so "emotionally paralyzed, shocked and devastated" by President Bush's victory, that they just stared listlessly into space. He treated them with "intense hypnotherapy."

Meanwhile, Kerry adviser James Carville is calling on fellow Democrats to face reality, insisting "we have to come to grips with the fact that we are an opposition party right now, and not a particularly effective one."

He said, "We've got to reassess ourselves. We've got to be born again."

Mase
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:02 PM
It really has. I mean there's been a suicide, and I even hear this actor who plays on a the show called Law and Order CI has been talking to a therapist and 'has been hard to work with' since Kerrys loss..

Craziness!

decemberlove
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:04 PM
why is it that when someone is upset the first thing they do is go to a psychologist?

one of the many problems we have in this society.

alfajeffster
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:40 PM
why is it that when someone is upset the first thing they do is go to a psychologist?

So tell me about your earliest childhood memory...

Joana
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Oh come on! Some people really have too much free time.

Bezz
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:02 PM

Dont knock psychologists, they can really help some people :p ;) . In this case however i think the people involved need a stiff drink and to get laid, and they should be fine.

The Crow
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:16 PM

Well maybe it's better to go to a psychologist than kill yourself? Just a thought.

I'm not surprised. I mean, when I saw all these people with pamflets/banners/... before the elections, you just knew that it would be a tough for whichever camp lost

darren cahill
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Dont knock psychologists, they can really help some people :p ;) . In this case however i think the people involved need a stiff drink and to get laid, and they should be fine.
thats always my solution to stuff as well...getting laid...its so under rated how much it does help:tape:

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:31 PM
What happened to the simpler days when a couple of drinks and a couple of dolls solved all your problems?

decemberlove
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Well maybe it's better to go to a psychologist than kill yourself? Just a thought.

I'm not surprised. I mean, when I saw all these people with pamflets/banners/... before the elections, you just knew that it would be a tough for whichever camp lost

but im not talking about someone with serious issues. what i mean is all the importance stressed on psychologists, and even more frightening, psychiatrists. it is often the first suggestion to someone who is slightly upset over something... when it should really be a last resort. try to work through your own problems... or talk to friends/family [what else are they good for?]... as cliche as it is, time really does heal most. and if all else fails, they seek professional help.

Mase
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:08 AM
From TVGuide.com----

RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES: Law & Order: Criminal Intent star Vincent D'Onofrio was reportedly hospitalized Wednesday after fainting on the set of the NBC drama. It's unclear what caused the actor to collapse, but according to the New York Post, D'Onofrio — a big John Kerry supporter — hasn't been himself since last Tuesday's election. In related news, has anyone looked in on Michael Moore lately

darren cahill
Nov 12th, 2004, 01:06 AM
From TVGuide.com----

RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES: Law & Order: Criminal Intent star Vincent D'Onofrio was reportedly hospitalized Wednesday after fainting on the set of the NBC drama. It's unclear what caused the actor to collapse, but according to the New York Post, D'Onofrio — a big John Kerry supporter — hasn't been himself since last Tuesday's election. In related news, has anyone looked in on Michael Moore lately
now thats just trifling...but i'd be willing to rub Vincents feets for him if he needs it as Mikey loves him!:devil: :tape:

Amadé
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:05 AM
but im not talking about someone with serious issues. what i mean is all the importance stressed on psychologists, and even more frightening, psychiatrists. it is often the first suggestion to someone who is slightly upset over something... when it should really be a last resort. try to work through your own problems... or talk to friends/family [what else are they good for?]... as cliche as it is, time really does heal most. and if all else fails, they seek professional help.
http://www.kournikova.com/community/images/smilies/king.gif What's so frightening about psychiatrist? lol I want to be one when I am older.

The Crow
Nov 12th, 2004, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure where you live, but here in Belgium going to a psychologist is not something many people do. So the people that do, use it probably as a last resort.

Truthwillout
Nov 12th, 2004, 11:19 AM
What happened to the simpler days when a couple of drinks and a couple of dolls solved all your problems?

Or simply getting away from it all by falling back on your favourite video classics (especially black and white ones, sometimes starring Susan Hayward)?

Dava
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:21 PM
:haha:

The fact theyve given it a name is beyond me...maybe I should start calling in sick saying im suffering from post-election selection trauma!!! :rolls: