PDA

View Full Version : Liver pills turn black man white

Helas
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:10 PM
A black man who was given tablets for liver disease has won £15,000 after they turned him white.

http://www.ananova.com/images/news/tekestekahsayBIG410x344.jpg

The skin of Tekeste Kahsay, 59, has turned white, except for a patch of skin across his face.

Mr Kahsay, originally from Eritrea but now living in Sweden, says he feels like a black man trapped in a white man's body.

Mr Kahsay was badly injured as he worked at a sawmill in Lidkoping. Blood tests revealed the first stages of liver disease which could have proved fatal.

He was prescribed a drug which saved his liver but had astonishing side effects. His skin became increasingly light until he was white except for a dark "mask" on his face and ears. He has been shunned and attacked because of his strange appearance.

He said: ''This is terrible. I disappeared. I was a black man inside and a white man outside. My self-confidence is gone."

Mr Kahsay won £15,000 from a medical tribunal, The Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/) reports.

The doctor who treated him is reported to be off work with severe psychological problems. In Mr Kahsay's homeland, he is shunned as a leper, as white pigment is considered a sign of the disease.

He added: ''I am a black man and will always be a black man but I don't know who I am. But I have learned a lot about intolerance towards people of another colour.''
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_365484.html
If only Michael Jackson had known this :lol:

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:16 PM
This story sounds about as believable to me as the one that said Laura Bush and Teresa Heinz-Kerry had a threesome with a space alien in a hot tub right before the election. That was on the cover of the Weekly World News, and you know what, the picture was pretty convincing, that cut and paste of Teresa's head onto another woman's body was sort of fake-looking, but the Laura Bush cut and paste job was really good, and the space alien looked TOTALLY real. And all of them looked like they were having a blast, I mean, a three way in a hot tub, who wouldn't have a blast?

Couldn't he just get one some other meds?

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Is this real or not??? :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:35 PM
if only Michael Jackson could have taken this, could have saved him millions, not to mention his deformed face he has now.

Hagar
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:52 PM
If only Michael Jackson had known this :lol:
That's a bloody bad joke but I admit that it makes me laugh very hard. :devil:

Poor guy. If he would not have had these black spots noone would have known that he used to be black. Still, even then it must be very weird to have another skin colour.

I find 15.000 dollar not a lot of money for such a traumatising experience.

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:03 PM
If you had turned 90% white like that wouldn't you want to just continue taking the tablets to get rid of that patch across the face? The way I see it, yes your skin may have changed colour but at least you'll be able to get on with life whereas if your stuck with that little patch you'll have to put up with the public staring and talking for life. I feel so bad for that guy, it's a terrible thing to happen if it has actually happened!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:07 PM
it wasnt the liver pills it was skin disease :rolleyes: quite obvious

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:10 PM
He wouldn't have been able to get $15,000 if it was skin disease. :confused:

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:40 PM
yeah its a skin disease..i doubt it was the liver pills cuz i've seen people here in the states with it...bless his heart..its little things such as having a complete color of your skin you should be thankful for.

DunkMachine
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:58 PM
What the fuck! Nice photochop action.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Monica_Rules
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Makes sense.The pill could have stoped the melanin needed for skin to be balck to be produced and maybe even reverse the process.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:40 PM
:eek: :o

wayitis
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:44 PM
$15000 is peanuts, in the US he would be able to get at least 15 mil... it does sound fishy though...:confused:

harloo
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:11 PM
:sad: Sad story if it's true.

Oh and you guys leave Michael alone, he was traumatized as a child.:lol: ;)

Helas
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:45 PM
:sad: Sad story if it's true.

Oh and you guys leave Michael alone, he was traumatized as a child.:lol: ;)
It appears to be true. Ananova is a credible news site.

Hulet
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:36 PM
This is a common enough skin problem in East Africa. And, yes people with disease are treated like outcasts, even in the big cities.

I never heard of it artificially being triggered by a medicine. Most of people I know and who have this skin disorder seem to have it from a young age.