PDA

View Full Version : Liza Minnelli pays bodyguard $238K a year

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Come on, I've been in Hollywood for over 60 years. No one pays a bodyguard $238,000 a year unless he's expected to do more than bodyguard. What the hell did the guy expect, and with the fake hips, how hard could it have been for him?

Boy, when it rains, it pours for our very own Sally Bowles.

I love how they give out her street address as well. If I was in Manhattan right now, I'd totally do a walk-by. Liza and I aren't on the same level at Academy functions, so we're not friends or anything.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1110042liza1.html

alfajeffster
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Come on, I've been in Hollywood for over 60 years. No one pays a bodyguard $238,000 a year unless he's expected to do more than bodyguard. What the hell did the guy expect, and with the fake hips, how hard could it have been for him?

Boy, when it rains, it pours for our very own Sally Bowles.

I love how they give out her street address as well. If I was in Manhattan right now, I'd totally do a walk-by. Liza and I aren't on the same level at Academy functions, so we're not friends or anything.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1110042liza1.html
"Take it from me, there's still gonna be, a summer, a winter, a spring, and a fall!"

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:20 PM
"Take it from me, there's still gonna be, a summer, a winter, a spring, and a fall!"
Liza was dumb, too. Norma never gave Joe any cash money. In fact, she even let his car get repossessed. And let's face it, once he moved into the main house from over the gayrage, I'm sure she let the rent go on that apartment of his, too. No wonder Liza's having money problems! Liza needs to get back in touch with the classics.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Though I have to admit, tuberoses aside, Norma was much more physically appealing than Liza and she wasn't like an alcoholic or drug fiend or anything. And she turned her violence inward, too. So Joe had a much more pleasant situation, though I bet Max liked to watch.

alfajeffster
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Liza was dumb, too. Norma never gave Joe any cash money. In fact, she even let his car get repossessed. And let's face it, once he moved into the main house from over the gayrage, I'm sure she let the rent go on that apartment of his, too. No wonder Liza's having money problems! Liza needs to get back in touch with the classics.
That or go back to a few martinis and the little blue ones... she'll be kicking those legs up in no time!

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:18 PM
It's super sad, and probably mean to say, but I think Liza did her best work when she was high.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Bodyguard Says Minnelli Made Him Have Sex

1 hour, 33 minutes ago Entertainment - AP

By SAMUEL MAULL, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Liza Minnelli (news)'s bodyguard claims the Oscar-winning actress made him have sex with her in order to keep his job, according to recently unsealed court documents.

AP Photo

The allegations are detailed in M'Hammed Soumayah's $100 million lawsuit against the entertainer. Minnelli's lawyers did not return calls for comment Wednesday. But in a court document, one of her lawyers said Soumayah had "commenced this action in a quick sand of untruths and misstatements" and accused him of a "shakedown" of her client.

In the lawsuit, Soumayah, 56, accused Minnelli of assault and battery, breach of contract, withholding payment for services rendered and sexual harassment.

Although the suit was filed Sept. 30 in Manhattan's state Supreme Court and sealed by Justice Barbara Kapnick, she unsealed it late Tuesday over the objections of Minnelli's lawyers.

Also Tuesday, Minnelli, 58, sued Soumayah for $250,000, alleging breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty. The two-page filing contained no details.

In the newly unsealed court papers, Soumayah, married and the father of two, says he began working for Minnelli in 1994 and was paid $238,000 a year.

While working for her, Soumayah was coerced by Minnelli to have sex, his court papers say. "After many repeated attempts by Minnelli to compel (Soumayah) to have sex with her, (he) eventually succumbed," the papers say.

He also alleges she beat him "repeatedly."

"Fearing loss of his lucrative job, plaintiff tolerated Minnelli's violent outbursts and did not complain about them to her or anyone else," the suit says.

Soumayah's court papers say he signed a confidentiality agreement in 2003 because he was threatened with firing if he refused. He said it was to be in effect only while he worked for the star.

In an affidavit explaining that agreement, Minnelli says: "I am not ungrateful for my celebrity status. But I think I deserve, as does everyone, some right to privacy."

The affidavit, filed in an effort to persuade the judge to keep the bodyguard's suit sealed, asks the judge to enforce the agreement and "protect me from scandal, which is clearly being used to completely embarrass me."

Minnelli's estranged husband, David Gest, has also accused Minnelli of assault in a $10 million lawsuit against her. Minnelli is suing Gest for allegedly stealing $2 million from her, and both are suing each other for divorce.

So now Liza's rapist? What kind of man would claim to be raped by Liza? I know somep eople are desperate for money but sheesh

alfajeffster
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:21 PM
It's super sad, and probably mean to say, but I think Liza did her best work when she was high.
Hey Hel, I know it's a little bit off topic, but I watched "Strange Cargo" (1940) last night for the first time- Gable's first pic after Gone With The Wind, and the last film he made with Joan Crawford. IT WAS TERRIFIC! Chock full of campy lines, like this one from Crawford to the Peter Lorre character (who is basically a pimp following her across the south Pacific):

"why is it all the men die, and the pigs live forever?"

Bacardi
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Why would she even need a bodyguard, unless it's for the sex? I mean she's a mean lil bitch anyway, I hear if she's got 2 pints of anything in her she could take on Mike Tyson, George Foreman and Muhammad Ali all at the same time. :scared:

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:46 PM
If I was some beefy dope who had to work as a bodyguard, I'm screw her all over Tuesday every day if I was making $238,000 a year and hang on to that ride until the bitter end. Sorry, but that's A LOT of money and it's not like he's guarding Salman Rushdie or President Bush, you know, are there really loads of people out to harm or kill her?

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Hey Hel, I know it's a little bit off topic, but I watched "Strange Cargo" (1940) last night for the first time- Gable's first pic after Gone With The Wind, and the last film he made with Joan Crawford. IT WAS TERRIFIC! Chock full of campy lines, like this one from Crawford to the Peter Lorre character (who is basically a pimp following her across the south Pacific):

"why is it all the men die, and the pigs live forever?"
I heard that movie was great. They're like in jungles and stuff, right?

alfajeffster
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I heard that movie was great. They're like in jungles and stuff, right?
It's really fantastic- I had no idea how good it was- she sarcastically calls the Peter Lorre character "pig" throughout the whole movie, and at times it had me in stitches! Plus, the Gable/Crawford team was one of the all-time best in my opinion- I also watched the original "Possessed" (1931, another Gable/Crawford pic) just before Strange Cargo- my brother watched it with me, and he had no idea Joan was so beautiful when she was younger- simply breathtaking in the early 30s with those fedoras and thin penciled eyebrows.

jenny161185
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:35 PM
lucky him , actually no he has to look after her

DunkMachine
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Wow that's an expensive prostitute.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Wow that's an expensive prostitute.

:haha:

Maybe he is really good :)

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Strange, given like half her husbands were gay, you'd think her standards for a good roll in the hay would be pretty low/meager.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:31 PM
I shudder at the thought of anyone banging Liza

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:40 PM
I shudder at the thought of anyone banging Liza

Hon, I really don't have a vendetta against her, but Liz was screwing some of her house men recently and they referred to her behind her back as "the trampoline." Liza's no walk in the park, but Liz?

Sal, I got my Enquirer yesterday. It sucked, a C-. I can't wait for your report, maybe you can liven it up, but I was reaching for some no-doze before I even got half through it.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah I got my Enquirer yesterday. I thumbed through it but the only thing I read was about Martha causing trouble in jail with her cooking causing inmates diarreah and smuggling contraband and then about Sigfreid and Roy's wild sex parties and Roy trying to commit suicide. Oh also that Sigfreid has a bad temper and abused Roy and the show girls from time to time.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:45 PM
That Martha one was good, I was just hoping for some made-up stuff about lesbian come-ons or something. I mean, I read the Enquirer to be entertained, the truth is quite secondary.
I'm so over Sigfriend and Roy. It's like the Laci Peterson trial notebook, I flip past it and don't read a word.

CooCooCachoo
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Hon, I really don't have a vendetta against her, but Liz was screwing some of her house men recently and they referred to her behind her back as "the trampoline." Liza's no walk in the park, but Liz?

Sal, I got my Enquirer yesterday. It sucked, a C-. I can't wait for your report, maybe you can liven it up, but I was reaching for some no-doze before I even got half through it.

:haha:

You two rock :yeah:

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Oh I never read any of the Laci Peterson stuff. I just like to read about the true celebs. Pretty soon Laci's gonna break Jon Benet Ramsey's record for most articles in the Enquirer.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
I wrote to the Enquirer, like, hey, I'm sorry for Laci, what a way to go, but let's move on. I mean, I'll admit I was somewhat entertained by a 5 year old who dressed like a whore and wore sized-down Las Vegas showgirl outfits to pageants and gyrated her pelvis and chest in a perverted fashion, and due to her parents' obsession, there were like 5,000 really good JonBenet pictures to choose from, so there was always a new, provocative photo of her on every cover, made up with a whole array of pouts, smiles, you name it.

There's like 2 pictures of Laci in the whole world and they're like real old to me now. When Amber had to admit on the stand that she had slept with Scott on their first date, I was intrigued, I mean, the whole dopey whorish Amber thing helped the Peterson saga, a little, but not enough.

I guess the Enquirer didn't care for my letter as the Laci saga continues.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:58 PM
I totally know that Scott is guilty but I'm not confident that the prosecution's going to get a conviction. They're dropping jurors faster than Burt Reynolds lost his hair.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:04 PM
You know since Scott whacked Laci, I don't recall seeing a JonBenet story. Her mom or brother totally did it. I'm certain of it. I know I can't go 0 for 2 with the whole Elizabeth Smart thing. I was sure someone in her family took her too but then that psychopath showed up and foiled things. Maybe they payed him to do it. I still have that to cling on it.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:06 PM
A mistrial is a huge win for Scott and it's going in that direction. I agree, he did it. There aren't mauranding bands of Satan worshippers in northern California, let's get real. If they lived in L.A. or something, I might buy that, but no way with her. I don't think he planned it, they got into a fight, he lost his cool, and he killed her. Happens every day.
I think he's going to walk. He covered his tracks, not perfectly, but well enough. To me, the evidence is really too weak.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:11 PM
You know since Scott whacked Laci, I don't recall seeing a JonBenet story. Her mom or brother totally did it. I'm certain of it. I know I can't go 0 for 2 with the whole Elizabeth Smart thing. I was sure someone in her family took her too but then that psychopath showed up and foiled things. Maybe they payed him to do it. I still have that to cling on it.
Oh, I think the mom did it. It takes some big balls for an intruder to break into a house like theirs, on Christmas Eve no less, and pull that. I mean, please, if that was a movie plot, the film would have flopped as not being believable.

I forgot about Elizabeth Smart. She really let a great opportunity pass her by, she should have done like a reality show or like a TV movie about it. Those Olsen twins could have played her. The non-fucked up one could have been pre-kidnapped Elizabeth and the cracked-out anorexic one could have been the captured Elizabeth like skagged out and thin and looking awful.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Well Patsy's getting what's coming to her with her ovarian cancer flaring up again. I just don't know how she got away with it. I know they have like tons of money and all but they don't have the celeb factor going for them. I think that's how Gary Condit got away with having Chandra Levy whacked and burried under a parking lot.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Oh, it's the bucks, Sal, no doubt. Patsy would be deader than Barbara Graham right now from execution if they didn't have huge money. I still can't understand how Gary Condit got all those broads in bed, I mean, he's pretty ugly.

You know what, Sal, I saw a well-known, older Black actress about 8 years ago, who will remain nameless, and we're pretty close, and I'm like, hon, cut the shit and level with Helen, what's the deal with OJ, do you really think he didn't do it? She says, of course he did, but rich white people get away with that all the time, so why not OJ? She had a point, Sal, we can bitch about OJ, but I think we have the likes Patsy Ramsey, Teddy Kennedy, Scott Peterson, I mean, money talks.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Where the hell did Scott Peterson get the money for his legal defense? Geragos isn't cheap! Maybe he's got like exclusive rights to a book deal or something later in exchange for his legal services.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:33 PM
I imagine Geragos took somewhat of a reduced rate because he's a media whore, almost as bad as that awful Gloria Alred, but he probably has a portion of the rights to Scott's book. Apart from his mother looking low-budget with the oxygen tubes, I think his parents have big money, too.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:38 PM
The oxygen tank and tubes is totally fake. She's just trying to get the sympathy vote from the jury so her little boy doesn't go to the chair. Do we do the chair or gas chamber? Or lethal injection? I'm not too up with capital punishment in california lately.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I can't remember, I know Barbara Graham got gassed, that part was accurate in "I Want to Live!" but I don't think they do gassing anymore. I think it's lethal injection. I don't think many states do the chair anymore. I think even Florida got rid of the chair, and let's face it, Florida is like where old serial killers go to do die.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Heck, I think even Texas uses lethal injection.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:09 PM
I looked it up. We gas people here.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:14 PM
They still gas people? Wow. That death scene in the movie was hell, I can't imagine doing it for real.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Actually, we gas people or use lethal injection. I guess you have the option. You were great in the chamber and really captured the suffocating feeling of being overwhelmed by the cyanide gas.

Bacardi
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:20 PM
More on Liza

Bodyguard: 'Minnelli Made Him Have Sex With Her'
http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/female_celebrities/liza_minnelli/liza_minnelli_GI.jpg
Liza Minelli's bodyguard has accused the star of forcing him to have sex with her in order to keep his job.

M'Hammed Soumayah's allegations are detailed in a $100 million recently unsealed lawsuit against the Oscar-winning star.

In a court document, one of Minnelli's lawyers, Dorothy Weber, says Soumayah had "commenced this action in a quick sand of untruths and misstatements" and accuses him of a "shakedown" of her client.

In the lawsuit, Soumayah, 56, accuses Minnelli of assault and battery, breach of contract, withholding payment for services rendered and sexual harassment.

The suit, which was filed on September 30 in Manhattan's state Supreme Court in New York and sealed by Justice Barbara Kapnick, was unsealed late Tuesday over the objections of Minnelli's lawyers.

Meanwhile, Minnelli sued Soumayah for $250,000 on Tuesday, alleging breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.

Photo Copyright Getty Images

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004

Bacardi
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Liza Minnelli Sues Ex-Bodyguard
http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/female_celebrities/liza_minnelli/liza_minnelli_KevinWinter.jpg
Legendary singer/actress Liza Minnelli has filed a $250,000 counter-lawsuit against her former bodyguard and driver for breach of contract.

M'Hammed Soumayah issued a suit against the Cabaret star in September, claiming she beat him. The lawsuit was sealed when it was filed, and its contents won't be made public until Minnelli's lawyers complete their appeals.

Minnelli is also suing her ex-husband David Gest for allegedly stealing $2 million from her, while Gest has filed a separate suit for $10 million in which he claims that Minnelli beat him, leaving him with severe head injuries.

Photo Copyright Getty Images

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Actually, we gas people or use lethal injection. I guess you have the option. You were great in the chamber and really captured the suffocating feeling of being overwhelmed by the cyanide gas.
I'll have to admit, the chokes and gurgling and death stuff were brilliant. See, that's why I just thought Charlize sucked in Monster, she just wandered off into some dumb white light with some cheese-bag voiceover after her conviction. Wimp!

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Frankly, who the hell would choose the gas chamber if you can do lethal injection?

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I dunno. I guess the death penalty is just a controversial topic now more than it was back then and people are scared to show it. Charlize should have grown some balls though and gone through with it full tilt. I mean you ugly yourself up beyond all belief you might as well do some choking and coughing and die to the fullest.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Frankly, who the hell would choose the gas chamber if you can do lethal injection?

I don't know. Maybe it's up to the judge or warden. Or maybe you're scared of needles.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I can't remember if Wuernos got the chair or lethal injection. Either way, a movie about a real person doesn't need to be factually accurate. The chair would have been good, she could have been like all shifty-eyed as they're strapping in her head, like an extreme close-up of her face and eyes, like a slight look of fear washes over her, with her trying to mask it with fake defiance, with those awful fake teeth and like a real nervous licking of her teeth. She did that all the time in the movie with the teeth. They said it was like great acting. I don't think the dentures fit, to be honest. A solitary tear would have been a really nice addition as the put the hood on before turning the amps up. Wuernos said something dopey at the end about flying with the Rock. Isn't that like a wrestler? Charlize blew it, in my book. In 25 years, she'll just do down with Halle and Nicole as model-types who turned ugly for a role.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I actually did not see the movie I'm embarrassed to say. Dead Man Walking turned me off on those prison/ death row sagas.

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I actually did not see the movie I'm embarrassed to say. Dead Man Walking turned me off on those prison/ death row sagas.
Well, if those things turn you off, then Monster will be no problem for you because after her trial when she's convicted, she just walks off in shackles into a white light with a really lame voiceover, and then that's it. You never see her on death row or getting executed or anything. It's basically, she's real ugly, real nasty, she does road-side blowjobs and hand-jobs for like $5 a pop (no pun intended), lives out of a self-storage unit, showers in the gas station sink, she's going to killer herself, she meets Ricci by chance at a lesbian bar when she's having her "final" drink, they fall in love, and then she kills a bunch of creeps to finance fun times for her and Ricci. One guy is so pathetic, though, she actually gives him the bargained-for hand-job instead of killing him, there's some suspense, like is she going to jack him off, or kill him, which one of these two, but like all hookers in cinema, even ones who are serial killers, she has a heart of gold and he gets the hand-job. That's basically the movie. Then she gets busted, Ricci rats her out to save her own skin, she mouthes off the the judge and she gets sentenced to death. The end.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:00 PM
oh well I can totally appreciate someone killing to support their lesbian sex addictions rather than just calling themselves crazy

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:06 PM
She didn't have a bad plan going, pick the guy up, plug him, take all his cash, drive his car around for a couple of days before it was reported missing, then dump the car in a lake, and when the cash runs out, repeat process. It was a pretty flawless plan. It got messed up when they decided they wanted to save for a cottage in the Keys, Charlize had to like go into overtime mode, cash for weekly rent for seedy motel, cigarettes, and booze, and then cash to save for the cottage. She just wasn't getting enough rest and got sloppy.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:09 PM
so how did she get caught?

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:31 PM
They're joy-riding in one of the cars and Ricci is driving and misses a turn, tries to turn too late, so they crash into someone's front yard and the car is all smashed up because it hit some pink yard flamingoes and like a plastic santa or something, so they decide to run, but the old lady who lives in the house comes out like, "hi girls, need any help?" and they stop and b.s. her like they don't have insurance and need to split and they run off, but the old lady gets a good look at them. Well, the old lady calls the cops, I mean, there's a wrecked car in her front yard and she's pissed about the flamingoes, and she does like a composite sketch for the cops and the cops are like, we've nailed the broads who are doing these killings, and the composites are circulated everywhere, and then the cops link the composite sketch to Wuernos because she's got a like a hooking rap sheet like 5 miles long and they nail her when she's drunk at a seedy bar after Ricci leaves town, alone, to escape the heat. Ricci's like shitting bricks because she didn't kill the guys, but she's on the composite sketch. So, they arrest Wuernos, but they don't have any evidence on her and she's going to walk but she's being held in the slammer on an old warrant. But the cops have found Ricci and leaned on her and told her they'll let her off if she can con Wuernos into confessing over the jail phone to her. So like Ricci calls her in jail and they do lovely-dovey dirty talk and she gets Wuernos to admit that she did the killings and then there's a trial and Ricci testifies against her and then that's it. What a bitch!

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:40 PM
They should have knocked off the old lady. I mean isn't that the only logical thing to do?

Paldias
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:45 PM
I'd pay 238k a year for a bodyguard if I had that kind of money ;)

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:46 PM
In retrospect, they should have plugged her square between the eyes. They play up in the movie like Wuernos has the heart of gold and is ok with plugging johns because let's face it, guys who pick up a hitch-hiking hooker aren't exactly the creme de la creme of society and Wuernos was able to con herself into thinking the johns were "bad" and "deserved" to die and therefore she was still a good person deep down. So they try to play it off like Wuernose won't kill an old lady.

Frankly, I think that was all b.s., she just must have left her gun at home when they were joyriding.

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:47 PM
:lol:

Sally Struthers
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Well I have a charity shoot to do. ta ta!

Helen Lawson
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Bye, Sal!